What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

HAF F-16
We now have 17 Rafale F3R and 10 F-16V.

Awesome. Funny talking about this because I was just looking at the tweet below mentioning the HAF's F-16 squadrons based on the addition of the Vipers from the Viper upgrade as well as the Rafales newly created fighter jet squadrons.

1691267996445.png

1691268021173.png

1691267981608.png

1691267952589.png

I'm guessing the current Mirage 2000 units will eventually be replaced by these new Rafales, but they look so damn good and practically brand new in some cases that it just seems like it would be a shame to retire them any time soon. especially when a lot of the sensor fusion & data sharing will gain tremendous efficiency. These things look like they just rolled out of the pain shop!

1691267150073.png

Between NATO's Link 16 and the sensor fusion capabilities of the Rafale along with the F-35s connecting with the Vipers and eventually the rest of the jets will be on another level. As if the HAF wasn't already a beast. Adding the above-mentioned items will propel it even further.

Do you know how much longer they plan on keeping the Mirage 2000's? Adding the Rafales will boost their capabilities with all the caps the Rafale brings to the table, especially with its sensor fusion not to mention the interchangeable weapons like the SCALP & MICA/NG.

1691267118275.png

1691267194604.png

I'm guessing the current Mirage 2000 units will eventually be replaced by these new Rafales, but they look so damn good and practically brand new in some cases that it just seems like it would be a shame to retire them any time soon. especially when a lot of the sensor fusion & data sharing will gain tremendous efficiency. These things look like they just rolled out of the pain shop!
Yes,the Mirage-2000 have been replaced by the Rafale,we only keep a squadron of Mirage-2005 Mk.2 at Tanagra AB.

They're pretty good,top quality.

Screenshot_2022-07-22 332 All Weather Squadron - Hellenic Air Force.png

Screenshot_2022-07-22 331 All Weather Squadron - Hellenic Air Force.png

Yes,the Mirage-2000 have been replaced by the Rafale,we only keep a squadron of Mirage-2005 Mk.2 at Tanagra AB.

They're pretty good,top quality.

Indeed. If I'm not mistaken. I think that makes you guys the only air force out there that is/will be operating both, the F-35 and the Rafale. The only other one that would barely come close is the Royal Air Force with their EFT2000/F-35 combo. But those EFTs are part of the older tranche models which don't possess the same high quality sensor fusion capabilities as the Rafales and the Viper upgrade.

Another reason why IMO the HAF will be practically unbeatable is because of that particular combination. The resulting speed of actions and results will be unmatched.

Indeed. If I'm not mistaken. I think that makes you guys the only air force out there that is/will be operating both, the F-35 and the Rafale. The only other one that would barely come close is the Royal Air Force with their EFT2000/F-35 combo. But those EFTs are part of the older tranche models which don't possess the same high quality sensor fusion capabilities as the Rafales and the Viper upgrade.

Another reason why IMO the HAF will be practically unbeatable is because of that particular combination. The resulting speed of actions and results will be unmatched.
There is speculation that France might be interested in making us a partner in the Rafale F5 project.

However,when it comes to the F-35,the LOA hasn't still come officially and we're being pushed back in favor of the Czechs,if I'm not mistaken.

Despite the grandiose statements and lists of superweapons by certain members,talking about TFX,Kizilelma and F-16 Ozgur,on the practical level,we currently have 17 Rafale F3R B/C with Meteor and MICA and 10 F-16Vs,gaining the upper hand in the air. That could potentially change if all the stuff they produce or will produce,turn out to be of the quality they actually claim to be and the numbers they claim turn out to be true on the field,but until then...

HAF F-16

Awesome. Funny talking about this because I was just looking at the tweet below mentioning the HAF's F-16 squadrons based on the addition of the Vipers from the Viper upgrade as well as the Rafales newly created fighter jet squadrons.

View attachment 943915

View attachment 943916

View attachment 943912

View attachment 943910

View attachment 943908

Between NATO's Link 16 and the sensor fusion capabilities of the Rafale along with the F-35s connecting with the Vipers and eventually the rest of the jets will be on another level. As if the HAF wasn't already a beast. Adding the above-mentioned items will propel it even further.

Do you know how much longer they plan on keeping the Mirage 2000's? Adding the Rafales will boost their capabilities with all the caps the Rafale brings to the table, especially with its sensor fusion not to mention the interchangeable weapons like the SCALP & MICA/NG.

View attachment 943907

View attachment 943909
The last M2000 purchased by Greece are not so old ! I see them in the greek airforces for at least 15 years.

There is speculation that France might be interested in making us a partner in the Rafale F5 project.
Indeed.
Part of the F5 Rafale upgrade is a new UCAV derived from N@uron. N@uron was made with a greek industrial part.... It is intended that a single Rafale F5 may be able to drive up to 4 to 5 UCAV.

Another point is that F5 upgrade will be more complete thant imagined before. It is due to the SCAF delay. => Totally new GaN radar, far broader freq range Spectra, new IRST...

Last edited:
The last M2000 purchased by Greece are not so old ! I see them in the greek airforces for at least 15 years.

Indeed.
Part of the F5 Rafale upgrade is a new UCAV derived from N@uron. N@uron was made with a greek industrial part.... It is intended that a single Rafale F5 may be able to drive up to 4 to 5 UCAV.

Another point is that F5 upgrade will be more complete thant imagined before. It is due to the SCAF delay. => Totally new GaN radar, far broader freq range Spectra, new IRST...
I think that France will go alone with the SCAF project (comme on a vu avec le projet de EFT/Rafale). I am sure with the french gaining experience from the whole Rafale projects, they can create a potent 6th gen aircraft.

I think that France will go alone with the SCAF project (comme on a vu avec le projet de EFT/Rafale). I am sure with the french gaining experience from the whole Rafale projects, they can create a potent 6th gen aircraft.
My own point of view : I see a Super Rafale coming in mid 2030, with a new frame far more stealthy than legacy Rafale, with internal bays for at least AAM, with a more powerfull engines (variable flow ?) but with the mature (and with a so strong road map) weapon system of the actual Rafale.
As the weapon system is the more costly, using the Rafale one is a key to reduce overall cost and to have a fully mature bird from the begining.

My own point of view : I see a Super Rafale coming in mid 2030, with a new frame far more stealthy than legacy Rafale, with internal bays for at least AAM, with a more powerfull engines (variable flow ?) but with the mature (and with a so strong road map) weapon system of the actual Rafale.
As the weapon system is the more costly, using the Rafale one is a key to reduce overall cost and to have a fully mature bird from the begining.
We hope that the DGA and MoD will do it and reduce the budget. Sadly, after Chirac, the French Armed Forces was very neglected by the budget management and unfinished project. It is a shame, that the DGA couldn't put money to continue the anti radiation missile project, the Martel/ARMAT one.

I hope it will change in the coming years.

Name that missile.

1692061201973.png

The Hellenic Mirage 2000-5s are simply beautiful.

1692061280358.png

Back
Top Bottom