What's new

Gujarat riots not an issue that should keep Modi from becoming PM: Narayana Murthy

the arguments put forth hold little water. as an indian citizen I feel insulted that you think we will allow Namo or any one else to wash away the constitution and our democratic ideals as the germans did to allow hitler to do as he pleased.
Namo is currently the best of the lot, but he would be wildly foolish to imagine the civil society would be a push over even if he has an absolute majority in the parliament.

Namo will be given a job by the citizens to improve the current system, if and when he falls short of the expectations (like manmohan), he will be promptly replaced as well.
Indians are given the choice beteen a tainted man and an incompetent man. Surely we deserve better.

Even Muslims say they want to move on from 2002 riots memories. They want to live in peace and want education, development etc.
muslims are bullied into it, because they see zero hope of ever getting any justice. if sikhs did not get in 84 (have they not moved on?) what can muslims hope for.
BJP in gujrat is pumping money specifically to muslim areas by identifying some sort of leader who controls vote. Basically bribing too.

LOL. He'd slit his wrists before signing anything legalising them. Mr Mujica is what Ernesto Guevara would be today had he been allowed to settle in life, perhaps? :laugh:

Jose ran with the Topumaras early in his life. Him and his marxist revolutionaries were of course locked up. He served 14 years, majority of it in Solitary confinement.

@Indischer, I never thought of it that way. I think some of Mujica's comments are prescient. For example, he talk about how the majority of Humanity has no blindly accepted the automation of the market logic, and shifting the consumption patterns more towards renewable energy and recyclables.

You think Guevara would be pragmatic though?

muslims are bullied into it, because they see zero hope of ever getting any justice. if sikhs did not get in 84 (have they not moved on?) what can muslims hope for.
BJP in gujrat is pumping money specifically to muslim areas by identifying some sort of leader who controls vote. Basically bribing too.

@hinduguy I have a question to ask.

Is your username an ironic twist on the Hindutvavaadis? Because your comments indicate you are anything but.

And let's be honest here, If something like this were to happen to the Hindus in Pakistan, the same commentators would dredge it up day after day.

Even Muslims say they want to move on from 2002 riots memories. They want to live in peace and want education, development etc.

Precisely... more & more big Muslim names are aligning with Modi. Apparently Salman Khan's father Salim Khan has joined BJP & is going to fight election on BJP's ticket.

Jose ran with the Topumaras early in his life. Him and his marxist revolutionaries were of course locked up. He served 14 years, majority of it in Solitary confinement.

@Indischer, I never thought of it that way. I think some of Mujica's comments are prescient. For example, he talk about how the majority of Humanity has no blindly accepted the automation of the market logic, and shifting the consumption patterns more towards renewable energy and recyclables.

You think Guevara would be pragmatic though?

No! It was a poor attempt at humor from my side. Che might not have settled down as long as there existed imperialism in it's various avatars, which he could not ignore. He was pretty idealistic too. That he wasn't pragmatic is clear if one sees the places where tried to bring his brand of revolution. I guess most revolutionaries are men of great contradictions.

Blame it on the stupidity of Congress that they want to send Pappu to the top. Their bad governance had in any case sealed their fate in the coming elections. I don't think Modiji has much competition from any one. But what he is truly is and what he will do will be clear in the next 2-3 years.
I'm no oracle, so let's see what happens. Perhaps you will get to say, "I told you so", perhaps not.

No! It was a poor attempt at humor from my side. Che might not have settled down as long as there existed imperialism in it's various avatars, which he could not ignore. He was pretty idealistic too. That he wasn't pragmatic is clear if one sees the places where tried to bring his brand of revolution. I guess most revolutionaries are men of great contradictions.

The great irony is of course, Che has been co-opted as one of the great symbols of capitalism. Companies who wanted to market their products to a counterculture section within the society. One wonders what he makes of the Che T-Shirts.

He was a really good looking guy. And his visage along with his life was a marketer's wet dream

I'm no oracle, so let's see what happens. Perhaps you will get to say, "I told you so", perhaps not.

No! If I get to say that, it would only have meant something bad had happened. I would love to be proved wrong in my skepticism.

Cannot agree with Narayan Murthy Sir on this one.
If economic progress alone is the yardstick for measuring a Leader's standing, then Hitler and Churchill would see their positions getting reversed! But that's not how leaders are judged.

This is perhaps the first General Election in India where neither the Incumbent Govt coalition nor the Opposition coalition have fielded a worthy candidate for PMship(assuming RaGa will be pitted against NaMo).

churchill is not a hero,he ran the war by making millions die in Bengal.

and he is not responsible for the riots,so please.

The great irony is of course, Che has been co-opted as one of the great symbols of capitalism. Companies who wanted to market their products to a counterculture section within the society. One wonders what he makes of the Che T-Shirts.

He was a really good looking guy. And his visage along with his life was a marketer's wet dream

Probably the same feeling that Gandhiji might have felt if he'd seen our currency notes. Utter Revulsion!:partay:

@hinduguy I have a question to ask.

Is your username an ironic twist on the Hindutvavaadis? Because your comments indicate you are anything but.

And let's be honest here, If something like this were to happen to the Hindus in Pakistan, the same commentators would dredge it up day after day.
no yaar, this is my second id. first one, I forgot the password. I observed pdf is a very religious place (it used to be then) and wanted people to know where I am coming from. :)

I never said NaMo will install himself as the dictator if given the opportunity to do so. Why did you arrive at such a conclusion mate?

You'll be surprised to learn that the Nazis too were democratically elected into power. They orchestrated many events that polarized the German civil society, landing them the majority vote(Beer Hall Putsch, Kristallnacht, promises of return to former glory etc). I find many parallels with them and the way BJP established itself around the early 1990s(babri Masjid demolition).

NaMo has billed himself as the savior and one-stop shop for our economy because post Godhra, development the only plank on which he could hope to sustain his popularity and continue his political career. But fact remains that incidents like the Babri Masjid issue and Godhra issue cannot be just swept under the carpet/forgotten conveniently. NaMo is no different than a Jagdish Tytler, who too roams scot-free in spite of orchestrating the 1984 Delhi riots. As Indians, I feel we deserve administrators who also have a strong moral & ethical fibre, not just good ideas on how to earn more money.

Right wing nationalism need not make anyone think of the word Nazi,there is no comparison at all.

Namo is the not Jagdish Tytler,u lack comprehension skills and common sense u shud go back n get educated on facts before making an opinion about anything.

Rajiv Gandhi justified the Riots,Modi is none of these.

Maybe u suffer from empirical evidence syndrome but that means nothing.

churchill is not a hero,he ran the war by making millions die in Bengal.

and he is not responsible for the riots,so please.

Firstly, read properly! Where have I said Churchill was a Hero? I've merely quoted the fact that he was Britain's leader during WW2.

Secondly, you see Churchill and Hitler in the same sentence as Leaders and you decided to protest against Churchill's inclusion for his folly in Bengal? Hypocrite!

As I've pointed out, BJP and NaMo have already polarised our society before. What's the guarantee they won't do it again?
I too agree that Politicians are not beacons of morality or ethical values, but to willfully install someone who's accused of heinous crimes and whose complicity/tacit support to riots is highly suspect as Prime Minister solely on the basis of his promise of economic prosperity, is unbecoming of our collective wisdom.

If all the parties desert the majority community like in Muzzafarnagar and BJP is the only one talking of helping them,then the society is already polarized.

appeasement of minority causes polarisation and it is natural that right wingers emerge to protect the majority.

The day Modi starts a satyagraha to preserve Hindu-Muslim unity instead of a riot in Muslim neighbourhoods, I swear I'll compare him with Gandhiji. Till then, comparisons with Hitler will do just fine.:whistle:

Why did the Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan resign in the aftermath of the Tsunami and Fukushima disaster in 2011? What was his crime and would he ever be convicted of it?

Why does our own opposition demand the Railway Minister's resignation after any major Rail accidents? Are they directly responsible for such a disaster?

Accountability is the price to pay if one is ready to occupy the highest office of the State. If he's the CM and could do nothing for 3-4 days as riots raged on, what difference does his presence command then? Given the nature of the riots, it's quite clear that it could not have been stoked and sustained without political patronage. As I've said before Jagdish Tytler is innocent too. But many in Delhi know better.

Gandhiji fasted for hindu muslim unity and see what happened? the muslims ridiculed him and mock at him and see him as an idiot compared to a pork chewing whiskey sipping Jinnah,u turn the other cheek to get slapped and not everyone is a loser like you.

Firstly, read properly! Where have I said Churchill was a Hero? I've merely quoted the fact that he was Britain's leader during WW2.

Secondly, you see Churchill and Hitler in the same sentence as Leaders and you decided to protest against Churchill's inclusion for his folly in Bengal? Hypocrite!

No people see Hitler as a big villain but Churchill is seen as a saviour who saved the world from the Nazis but he is no saint,for Indians both are villains,churchill even more so.

no yaar, this is my second id. first one, I forgot the password. I observed pdf is a very religious place (it used to be then) and wanted people to know where I am coming from. :)

No wonder I get abuse as an Atheist :eek::eek:

Right wing nationalism need not make anyone think of the word Nazi,there is no comparison at all.

Namo is the not Jagdish Tytler,u lack comprehension skills and common sense u shud go back n get educated on facts before making an opinion about anything.

Rajiv Gandhi justified the Riots,Modi is none of these.

Maybe u suffer from empirical evidence syndrome but that means nothing.

LOL. Alright. Nazism was Left Wing Idealism, Narendra Modi is Mother Teresa's reincarnation and I'm the biggest retard on PDF since Bronxbull. Anything else that I need to know?:partay:

Back
Top Bottom