What's new

Hindu temple attacked with bullets

Law of the land? Even Pakistanis are officially free to practice any religion but we all know the truth, right.

Your comparing a multicultural liberal country with western values to Pakistan?

Your comparing a multicultural liberal country with western values to Pakistan?

No, I am comparing the laws and freedom provided by the constitution of both the countries.

Situation was normal in Oz, a couple of years back and even I would have visited a temple there if I were there. But this is hardly a normal situation.
Your original question was as to why do people go to temples in a foreign land. If the law and order situation is bad, then it depends on the individual's choice to visit the temple or not. You cannot make an assumption about people stopping to go to temples just because of a few incidents.

Accidents do happen on roads, does that mean I stop driving?

You can either be rational or nationalist. Tank man is the best example for you.
Exactly. Be either rational or irrational aka ultra-nationalist!
I never saw RSS harassing Sikhs, Jains or Buddhists in India. On the contrary, RSS saved thousands of Sikhs in 84 while our very own SECULAR party was slaughtering them like animals. All they believe is that this is a majority land so you must respect Hinduism and love your country regardless of your religion.
So you are indeed a RSS man. Knew that! Just FYI, I dont like their mixing Hinduism with nationalism, but do appreciate their social work.

No, I am comparing the laws and freedom provided by the constitution of both the countries.

Like apples and oranges in comparing a western liberal society to Pakistan where a hindu can't even vote for his/her choice of candidate, they must vote for a minority hindu and you call that freedom?

Exactly. Be either rational or irrational aka ultra-nationalist!

So you are indeed a RSS man. Knew that! Just FYI, I dont like their mixing Hinduism with nationalism, but do appreciate their social work.

Since I am an atheist, so RSS is a big no. But I surely believe that majority of their actions are for the welfare of the entire nation than just Hindus.

Since I am an atheist, so RSS is a big no. But I surely believe that majority of their actions are for the welfare of the entire nation than just Hindus.

That explains alot from your comments so far that you made in being a atheist

Your original question was as to why do people go to temples in a foreign land. If the law and order situation is bad, then it depends on the individual's choice to visit the temple or not. You cannot make an assumption about people stopping to go to temples just because of a few incidents.

Accidents do happen on roads, does that mean I stop driving?

No, but when I see someone die in a road accident, I will get myself a good helmet or fasten my seat belt and will drive slow for a sometime and of course be as cautious I can be till I am sure that I can drive better or in a better locality or city where people know how to drive.

That explains alot from your comments so far that you made in being a atheist

Yes, being an atheist I value human life more than a mandir or masjid. As for me being a supporter of RSS, what are my options other than BJP and RSS ?

Yes, being an atheist I value human life more than a mandir or masjid. As for me being a supporter of RSS, what are my options other than BJP and RSS ?

I have no problem with RSS I think they do a rather good job in uplifting the poor and removing caste system among hindu's. But you wont understand what a place of worship means to a believer and like I mentioned before it is more than a house of God it becomes more like a social club where people get together to meet up there are usually events on and big celebrations held like Holi and Diwali now can you get together 500-1000 people in a house all at the same time? not unless you lived in Bill gates mansion so a temple becomes a pillar of the local community.

I have no problem with RSS I think they do a rather good job in uplifting the poor and removing caste system among hindu's. But you wont understand what a place of worship means to a believer and like I mentioned before it is more than a house of God it becomes more like a social club where people get together to meet up there are usually events on and big celebrations held like Holi and Diwali now can you get together 500-1000 people in a house all at the same time? not unless you lived in Bill gates mansion so a temple becomes a pillar of the local community.

I have stated previously that for the majority of my life I was practicing Hindu and that too of a kind that becomes the cannon fodder in the name of religion, so I know as much about Hinduism and temples as you. But not anymore.

Born and raised in a middle class Hindu family, schooled throughout (almost) in a missionary school and lived near a locality comprising 100% Muslim in a city with over 40% Muslims.

This is worrysome , a mosque was also attacked a few years ago and was fired at. Neo Nazis in action !
!

I love how people assume things before a police investigation has even begun.

It's obvious someone has got a vendetta against this temple, and i don't believe it's because of the religion or anyones race.

It may be from a personal disagreement between some of the people who attend the temple, who knows really.

I agree! Way too much of clutching at straws & jumping to conclusion. Result of watching too much tabloid TV. Should reserve comment on this actually serious stuff until we have more information.

It's obvious someone has got a vendetta against this temple, and i don't believe it's because of the religion or anyones race.

It may be from a personal disagreement between some of the people who attend the temple, who knows really.

'Neo-Nazis' arrested over Perth mosque shooting

Back
Top Bottom