What's new

I just got a job offer from Pakistan!

I always see you in PDF. when are you getting time for your Full Time job?

I was studying for the past year & a half, grad school. I worked for a couple of years before I started my masters. I just packed up my stuff in Jersey City, & was about to head for Boston. I was supposed to start working from this coming Monday.

Congrats Bilal. Best wishes for your job and success, you'll do just fine :)

Just wondering though, is the salary package in Pakistan comparable to the US?

Congrats Bilal. Best wishes for your job and success, you'll do just fine :)

Just wondering though, is the salary package in Pakistan comparable to the US?

I was getting paid per hour in the US (working as a contractor) with no benefits. It was a better package money wise than the package in Pakistan, but the company in Pakistan is one of the biggest multinationals in the world, the job description I have there is great, pretty decent salary, & I'll be working as a full-time employee there. The place I was about to start working in Boston was a local qualification & commissioning engineering consulting & services company, the one in Pakistan is a big big, internationally reputed company. So it will be a better launching pad for me in the future. The job itself is also more suited to me, it's closely related to what I've just done in grad school right now.

My parents just sold our house in VA, & are planning to move back to our small house in Islamabad in January. I was about to start working on my new job in Boston from this Monday on a 1 year contract. But now I have received a great offer from a very big multinational company in the world, & they are offering me a great job & a great package, as a full-time employee. They want me to start in the second week in January. I am going to quit this job in Boston, & take the job in Pakistan. I have been living in America for 9.5 years, I have been visiting Pakistan almost every summer, but this time, I'll be working there. I'll have to adjust to the local conditions there, & I have no doubt in my mind that I can. It is the end of the road for me in America, for at least the next few years. I did (part of) my Middle school, high school, college, grad school & 2 years of job in America. I've had a great time here. But I cannot wait to go to Pakistan & start working there, never been more excited. A touch sad leaving New York city, yes, but I can come visit this country if I need a break/vacation.

Go for it Bilal Haider. I have lived in the US for last 35 years and I am planning a move back to Pakistan to start an Educational Venture there. Hope to run into you in Karachi or Islamabad.

That's great!

It can well be the Pakistani version of Swades. :P

Bdw i'm leaving for US next year for 8-9 years.

My heartfelt congratulations to Pakistan and you.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I hope this does not mean an early engagement/marriage for me :D

Back
Top Bottom