What's new

I just got a job offer from Pakistan!

The best advice I cna give you for settling in Pak is to start your own business..you spent 9.5 years in USA, look around yourself for opportunities and you will find many potential ventures to do in Pakistan.

My parents just sold off our house in VA, & are planning to move back to our small house in Islamabad in January. I was about to start working on my new job in Boston from this Monday on a 1 year contract. But now I have received a great offer from a very big multinational company, & they are offering me a great job & a great package, as a full-time employee. They want me to start in the second week in January. I am going to quit this job in Boston, & take the job in Pakistan. I had been living in America since the last 9.5 years, I have been visiting Pakistan almost every summer, but this time, I'll be working there. I'll have to adjust to the local conditions there, & I have no doubt in my mind that I can, & will. It is the end of the road for me in America, for at least the next few years. I did (one year of) Middle school, high school, college, grad school & 2 years of work/job in America (co-op). I've had a great time here. But I cannot wait to go to Pakistan & start working there, never been more excited. A touch sad leaving New York city, yes, but I can come visit this country if I need a vacation.

Congratulation and good luck.

If you don't mind, University and major?

Welcome to Pakistan Bilal.

I work in ISB, and goes to PEW for the weekend. If I could be of any assistance/help, do let me know.

job in Pakistan.

Good choice. Hope it all works out for you. North European companies are the best to work for, in terms of environment and benefits. There is a certain peace of mind that fills you in Pakistan, regardless of all the hustle and bustle. All those childhood memories come alive again.

As they say, "you can take the man out of the country, but you can never take the country out of the man".

well you have a pretty BIG advantage in your home country ... the FOOD ... i am fed up of eating the Tasteless food we have in US even Indian Rest are not that great ...

So true. You can always make new friends in new places, and work is work, but the food back home is phenomenal.

I can still taste fresh sheermals served with korma, finished off with cardamom tea and all topped up with a PIDC pan (for Karachiwalas ;)).

Back
Top Bottom