What's new

IAF Ouragan Captured by PAF

I believe the picture of F-86 fighters on their return from the mission on Kashmir was an official pic and taken at a later time, since they're still carrying their external fuel tanks, which usually get jettisoned during ATA fights. Kindly let me know, if I got that wrong.

I believe the picture of F-86 fighters on their return from the mission on Kashmir was an official pic and taken at a later time, since they're still carrying their external fuel tanks, which usually get jettisoned during ATA fights. Kindly let me know, if I got that wrong.

The photo was taken the very next day,
the Sekhon mission had
1. Andrabi left fuel tank was stuck.
2. Dotani fuselage belly was green, He took Sekhon so low that his Saber hit the tree tops and asked Andrabi to take a shot but Andrabis fuel tank got stuck. And its pretty had to take a shot when you have a one full tank stuck to the wing.
3. Mir was the only pilot with both tanks intact. He dropped his bomb and went back by the time he returned it was over. The only sad thing about that mission was that sekhon being a young inexperienced pilot his Leader bugged out and left him alone.

Hmm intersting thread, Specially pleasent to know much more about Saad A Hatmi , one of two aces Pakistan have, Stange India has just one that too before partition and even then they dont stop from bull sh...g

3. Mir was the only pilot with both tanks intact. He dropped his bomb and went back by the time he returned it was over. The only sad thing about that mission was that sekhon being a young inexperienced pilot his Leader bugged out and left him alone.
Thank you very much, for your input. I've to add that I've known Maroof Mir for quite some time. And I showed him this picture, along with the pilot description that you gave me. That got him really excited, more so because he didn't remember that such a picture existed. Still, many thanks for identifying the pilots of that fateful sortie.

Thank you very much, for your input. I've to add that I've known Maroof Mir for quite some time. And I showed him this picture, along with the pilot description that you gave me. That got him really excited, more so because he didn't remember that such a picture existed. Still, many thanks for identifying the pilots of that fateful sortie.

Where is he canada or Pakistan, send me his tele or email anything you have on my pm. It has been a long time I have seen him. We did several missions togather he from Peshawar I from kamra. Good old times.
See this is why I get pissed that the real heroes never got credit neither were they mentioned any where. Andrabi , Mir, Dotani, Latif they were the only 3 pilots in 71 war who were Recommended for SJ twice all 3 of them but none were credited for there kills neither anyone said good work. Infact there kills were taken by other pilots I don't want to name them but these 4 pilot were so bloody what its just a piece of metal. And I used to get upset why don't to fight. Mir always used to say yar we know what we did so does everyone else. so forget it. Maroof was an excellent pilot when ever I flew with him it was like we could understand our moves without breaking the radio silence. Excellent pilot and a good friend.:cheers:

Maroof is still in Pakistan and I've been friends with his son for several years now. I knew that he flew out of Peshawar but since he doesn't talk much about PAF (at least with us), I didn't know that he was part of the sortie that attacked Srinagar airbase, until I saw your comments under that picture.

I've forwarded his cell number to you, via pm.

The photo was taken the very next day,
the Sekhon mission had
1. Andrabi left fuel tank was stuck.
2. Dotani fuselage belly was green, He took Sekhon so low that his Saber hit the tree tops and asked Andrabi to take a shot but Andrabis fuel tank got stuck. And its pretty had to take a shot when you have a one full tank stuck to the wing.

Sir if iam not mistaken Air Cdre Kiaser tufail wrote an article in a PAF magazine....later it was published in hi Book too.The article's caption was A Hard nut to crack.

Thanks for your valueable comments,i wish if we get some more living legends on forums:pakistan:

Sir if iam not mistaken Air Cdre Kiaser tufail wrote an article in a PAF magazine....later it was published in hi Book too.The article's caption was A Hard nut to crack.

Thanks for your valueable comments,i wish if we get some more living legends on forums:pakistan:

I suspect Air Cmmdor Tufail is posting on this forum (hint hint). In fact i believe he is actually posting on this thread!:enjoy:

btw interesting to see you get into the starfighter from the right side rather than the left (almost all ac nowadays and then had to be climbed in from the left (port?)

Good observation….I am quite sure it will be a bit difficult and awkward if one tries to climb startfighter from left…:P

It actually happened that after a mission, a new crew chief put the ladder on the right side of F-6 and the pilot who put his foot out on the left side had a very embarrassing moment…Ouch.....Some habits are hard to break I guess..:angel:

I suspect Air Cmmdor Tufail is posting on this forum (hint hint). In fact i believe he is actually posting on this thread!:enjoy:

Come ON… break the suspense and tell us who is he ? :bounce:

Yes I have that Article but Tufail should have talked to people who still have there memories. The mission is totally twisted on Paper.
Well if Tufail is on this forum he should talk to me because he knows me since he graduated most of his coursemates did there conversion under me.

Where is he canada or Pakistan, send me his tele or email anything you have on my pm. It has been a long time I have seen him. We did several missions togather he from Peshawar I from kamra. Good old times.
See this is why I get pissed that the real heroes never got credit neither were they mentioned any where. Andrabi , Mir, Dotani, Latif they were the only 3 pilots in 71 war who were Recommended for SJ twice all 3 of them but none were credited for there kills neither anyone said good work. Infact there kills were taken by other pilots I don't want to name them but these 4 pilot were so bloody what its just a piece of metal. And I used to get upset why don't to fight. Mir always used to say yar we know what we did so does everyone else. so forget it. Maroof was an excellent pilot when ever I flew with him it was like we could understand our moves without breaking the radio silence. Excellent pilot and a good friend.:cheers:

Firstly ... Sir my humble salute to our Hero.

That's the problem in us, we don't take care of our hero. We hardly remember them, although we have so many individuals but it seems our media's attention only reaches to the places who have support from other sources.

I just wish our media covers stories from Hero's like you to inspire the next generation.

I dont know all about this old story but forsure guys if there is war well get ready to add more to the collection haha :guns: :flame:

Yes I have that Article but Tufail should have talked to people who still have there memories. The mission is totally twisted on Paper.
Well if Tufail is on this forum he should talk to me because he knows me since he graduated most of his coursemates did there conversion under me.

my mistake - i thought you were air commodore tufail. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Since u're a very senior officer,I would like to ask you that keeping patriotism aside,which AF d'u think has a better chance to rule the skies if at all a war (nee Crisis breaks lose in this region?

Regards

Back
Top Bottom