What's new

India again asks Pakistan to waive off the fee for pilgrims

20 US$ doesn't appear to be an unreasonable fee. India's objection therefore can be construed as creation of unnecessary hurdles in the scheme.

They don't want Pakistan to profit. The fee should be doubled.

The entire motive of the GoI is to scrap the project. The Modi government never wanted this project. Pakistan invested a lot into the project and now India wants to see it doomed. How better than to create small hurdles and then tell the Sikhs that the Pakistani government never was sincere about the project?

Apparently Pakistan agreed to give Indian consul permanent chair at shrine... wtf

That would be a dumb decision from a financial perspective. The aim for you I believe is to maximize profit. Making it harder for people to visit by charging them an amount as much as normal visa fees defeats the purpose of the corridor itself, which was to allow a large number of pilgrims to visit, earn some goodwill and last but surely not the least, make some money off them. Would you rather have 100 people/day visiting paying 100$ or 5000 per day paying $20? This is a temple that the Sikhs would like to visit repeatedly, like at every major festival. Charge them $100, they will probably visit it once and call it a day. Charge $20 and a lot more will visit,that too several times. Maybe $20 is indeed low, but $100 is ridiculous, the corridor will be empty.

That would remove 2 zeros from the total number of daily visitors, so 50 instead of 5000, eventually no one wins.:lol:
No it wont, or are you saying that's how poor the people of India are?

Modi hates Sikhs so he is playing politics in a religious matter. He is not called Butcher of Gujarat for nothing.

No.

China has made $70 billion investment in Pakistan. $150 billion more on the way. Don't compare India with China. India hates Pakistan because we are Muslims.
No. Hindus hate. Not all Indians.

No it wont, or are you saying that's how poor the people of India are?

Firstly, It doesn't matter how poor or rich they are. I am fairly well off. That doesn't mean I will pay $100 for something that I think should be no more than $20-30, that too repeatedly. $100-$150 is the cost of an average country's 3 month visa, which allows the person to stay there for 90 days and do whatever the **** he wants, visit different cities, move around etc. Going 2 km across the border, being restricted to that compound and coming back the same day should cost much less.

Secondly, yes, they are pretty poor. GDP per capita in India in 2017 was close to $2000/year, so an "average" person makes $2000 in the whole year, thus $100 is a massive amount for them. Unless you are living in lala land, you would know that Pakistan is even poorer, with a GDP per capita of $1500, and that was in 2017 before your currency depreciation. At that time, it was 100 pkr to a dollar, now it is close to 160. I am waiting for 2019 and 2020 gdp values to come out, your gdp per capita will be around $1000-1100. So yea, we are pretty poor, but you are twice as poor.

Last edited:
Has it? What the hell! He ain’t even Sikh nor have any of them been if I’m not mistaken. They don’t need special treatment! The shrines belong to our Sikh community.
this is official now..

upload_2019-10-19_0-24-59.png

https://www.dw.com/ur/کرتار-پور-راہداری-سروس-چارج-ختم-کرنے-کی-بھارتی-اپیل/a-50882279

Firstly, It doesn't matter how poor or rich they are. I am fairly well off. That doesn't mean I will pay $100 for something that I think should be no more than $20-30, that too repeatedly. $100-$150 is the cost of an average country's 3 month visa, which allows the person to stay there for 90 days and do whatever the **** he wants, visit different cities, move around etc. Going 2 km across the border, being restricted to that compound and coming back the same day should cost much less.

Secondly, yes, they are pretty poor. GDP per capita in India in 2017 was close to $2000/year, so an "average" person makes $2000 in the whole year, thus $100 is a massive amount for them. Unless you are living in lala land, you would know that Pakistan is even poorer, with a GDP per capita of $1500, and that was in 2017 before your currency depreciation. At that time, it was 100 pkr to a dollar, now it is close to 160. I am waiting for 2019 and 2020 gdp values to come out, your gdp per capita will be around $1000-1100. So yea, we are pretty poor, but you are twice as poor.
That's your opinion and 20-30$? Are you mad. Do you know how much goes into a facility like this?

Going 2 km across the border, being restricted to that compound and coming back the same day should cost much less.

Then don't come! No one is forcing anyone to visit.

$100-$150 is the cost of an average country's 3 month visa, which allows the person to stay there for 90 days and do whatever the **** he wants,

$100-$150 visa cost doesn't include transport cost of even one bus journey.

Religious tourism is not free anywhere. You have to pay or sit at home stare at the picture instead.

If Fascist India wants it free then pay everything including all the costs incurred in construction and everything relating to facilities, utilities etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom