What's new

India: Half a dollar a day 'adequate', says panel

water supply/piped line monthly bill for water usage.

10KG rice pack is between 700-800 LKR

What? you have to pay for water too like electricity? wow thats new to me cause we never paid anything for water....in cities its a diff. matter all together...but in my village we get RO purified water 24/7 ...my dad had the idea of getting the RO filter for our home but before that he tested the water that is supplied by the gov. on some lab in chennai and it came out clean...so we just use a ordinary filter from Hindustan lever instead of the more expensive RO purifiers.

And good quality rice here in my village if you buy it from shops is RS33/Kg....but you get it illegally from godown's too then it will cost you Rs 5 /Kg .Usually its free for the poor people (35Kg) but anyone can buy it for Rs 5-6Rs .

Why the hell is everything so expensive in sri lanka ?....even rice is costly mate :what: .

^^ The water supply in my place does not have enough pressure to reach the overhead tank, so we use borewell water for all purposes except for drinking and cooking. So the water bill is very low for us at around INR 75 per month, but the good part is we paid some deposit for getting the water connection when the house was under construction and had not paid a single water bill for the last 9 years

What? you have to pay for water too like electricity? wow thats new to me cause we never paid anything for water....in cities its a diff. matter all together...but in my village we get RO purified water 24/7 ...my dad had the idea of getting the RO filter for our home but before that he tested the water that is supplied by the gov. on some lab in chennai and it came out clean...so we just use a ordinary filter from Hindustan lever instead of the more expensive RO purifiers.

And good quality rice here in my village if you buy it from shops is RS33/Kg....but you get it illegally from godown's too then it will cost you Rs 5 /Kg .Usually its free for the poor people (35Kg) but anyone can buy it for Rs 5-6Rs .

Why the hell is everything so expensive in sri lanka ?....even rice is costly mate :what: .

Yep, each home has piped water lines with water meters. There is a department called "National water supply board", they are responsible for maintaining quality of water, and water supply to homes 24x7. you can see some pics in their website > http://www.mwsd.gov.lk/index_e.html

In some periods of year, 1KG rice price go over 100 LKR, There are different variety of rice which always has higher price but these are normal prices in SL, no one worrying about prices that much. Farmers are keep telling they need better price for their harvests ect.

1 pineapple - 100-120 LKR

-----------------

some prices here

1 KG Sugar around > 95 LKR
1 KG Dhal around > 125 LKR

1 coconut around > 30-40 LKR

400g Milk power packet > 230 LKR
1 Ltr Ice Cream > 275 LKR

1 KG Chicken around > 350 LKR
1 KG Fish > 700 LKR +

Coca Cola 1.5 L > 170 LKR

ect ect