What's new

India may resort to stapled visa to Tibetans

Stalker

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Agitated by Beijings denial of visa to a senior Indian Army official and now concerned over the presence of the biggest neighbours army in Pakistan occupied Kashmir Pak Adm Kashmir, India is looking at measures to tackle the Pakistan-China nexus.

After reports of the presence of Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) in Gilgit and Baltistan regions of P0K, the Indian envoys have been told to compile and report Chinese activities in their jurisdiction, especially in the neighbourhood.

The intelligence agencies have also been asked to provide assessment on the Chinese troops movement in Pak Adm Kashmir.

Meanwhile, New Delhi is considering issuing stapled visas for applicants from Tibet and those from areas conceded to China by Pakistan if China persists with stapled visas.

The proposal under consideration by the foreign office has to be cleared by Cabinet Committee for Security.

Recently, China had denied entry to general officer commanding-in-chief of northern area command Lieutenant General B.S. Jaswal saying he was responsible for Jammu and Kashmir, a state that the neighbouring country claims is disputed.

Also, China has been stapling visa to people from Jammu and Kashmir instead of stamping on the passport as it does in other cases. India has already objected to the move but Beijing has been adamant.

India may resort to stapled visa to Tibetans

Last edited by a moderator:
the GoI is showing some spine !!!!

surprises me

Just wait and watch mate. As the leadership of India passes onto the younger generation, they will shed the baggage of 1962 and will treat China without being either subservient, afraid, over-cautious or even over-optimistic.

Young India will like to engage China, but on equal terms. You are watching a civilization, one that was suppressed for centuries, rise, be prepared to be amazed :cheers:

What about TAIWAN... Inida should mark 2011 as year of TAIWAN - India friendship :) ...

Young India will like to engage China, but on equal terms.

I think that's a good thing for all of us. :cheers:

In my opinion, China only denied the visa to see how the GoI would react, i.e. "testing the waters".

The GoI has reacted strongly and assertively, so I expect the Chinese government to start mending fences and trying to normalise relations again.

What about TAIWAN... Inida should mark 2011 as year of TAIWAN - India friendship :) ...
Step by step brother...as of now,India is just considering. We\'ll see china\'s response. If they refrain from issuing staple visas well and good,if they resort,then stapled visas to Tibetans and Taiwanese of course. Just like eating a roti in pieces rather than as a whole :)

That fact, we really do not care, sometimes I do not understand the Indians what they thought, you think China really cares?

^^ What a stupid way of conducting foreign policy!

You may think so, but it's quite a common thing to do in international politics.

Thinktanks are good, but they can't give you a definite answer, only probabilities.

By actually making a move and getting a response, that is more valuable than a thinktank opinion.

For example, the Chinese government "pushed" the Obama administration quite strongly in the beginning, to see how far he would bend. They are still pushing and still getting results.

If you think this type of policy is "stupid", then fair enough. I respect your opinion.

China has more and better cards than India, you really think that we do not know the actual situation in India, but was confused by your propaganda?

Don't be so arrogant mate. Remember, we are where you were 10 years ago. PRC must realise that the benefits of engaging India far outweigh those of confronting it.:cheers:

I agree, cooperation is always better than conflict. :tup:

China and India are both too big to be ignored on the international scene, we will have to engage each other diplomatically, and try to find a way to get along with each other.

Don't be so arrogant mate. Remember, we are where you were 10 years ago. PRC must realise that the benefits of engaging India far outweigh those of confronting it.:cheers:

I agreed to cooperate. I have always been the idea, but I really do not understand the idea of India, too divorced from reality, this is not a good start of negotiations.

That fact, we really do not care, sometimes I do not understand the Indians what they thought, you think China really cares?

Do you even have the slightest idea of what a stapled visa is??? Till now India considered Tibet as an integral part of china. Issuing stapled visa means it is now considering it as a disputed territory! And i dont think china is that much stupid not to care :)

As for India, where, in my opinion is different with you , some stubborn Indian social structure, not so easy to solve, in fact, I do not understand why India did not see the danger, I am not saying the military is dangerous, but India's internal risk .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom