What's new

India-Pakistan series unlikely to go ahead

That would depend on whether TV rights etc. have already been sold, sponsorship decisions, and so on. MOU in cricket may not mean the same as in the business world. Anyone who knows what happened in the West Indies case where BCCI claimed compensation for the cancelled series will be better able to inform us.

Compensation was claimed because West Indies abandoned the series in middle,in this agreement was negated.

Even if its agreement ,BCCI knows any series with Pakistan require government approval, knowing BCCI to be smart cookies there will be clause on condition of approval from government.

After the ICC gave up control of the FTP, these MoUs is all the two boards do to seal future series. So this is as legal as it's gonna get.

Still it will have clause calling fro government approval, so BCCI is not backing out of MOU.

Compensation was claimed because West Indies abandoned the series in middle,in this agreement was negated.

Even if its agreement ,BCCI knows any series with Pakistan require government approval, knowing BCCI to be smart cookies there will be clause on condition of approval from government.

Still it will have clause calling fro government approval, so BCCI is not backing out of MOU.

So the BCCI has the gov's approval to play Pak as long as it's in India or maybe even Srilanka but not the UAE? Before you come up with why the BCCI doesn't want to play in the UAE, goto cricinfo and read Osama Samiuddin's article over it.

The whole world except the BCCI and the Indians can see this farce for what it is - undignified bullying.

Lets See , how far it goes
cricket-batting-smiley-emoticon.gif

So the BCCI has the gov's approval to play Pak as long as it's in India or maybe even Srilanka but not the UAE? Before you come up with why the BCCI doesn't want to play in the UAE, goto cricinfo and read Osama Samiuddin's article over it.

The whole world except the BCCI and the Indians can see this farce for what it is - undignified bullying.

All the talk, did Indian Government said anything about approval or disapproval, question of that comes only after BCCI put proposal to government.

Bully or not BCCI will need Indian Government approval.

point is india /BCCI never invited PCB for a series rather when every thing failed a very desparate shehriar khan started trolling BCCI by announcing a fictitous proposal/invite by BCCI but reality was diffrent but the fact there are also many corrupt and anty NDA goverment people in BCCI who want to embarres NDA/Modi goverment in centre and that created this confusion :coffee:
Does this story comes from your rear or bcci spokesman tell you while you were on his bed if pcb chairman was trolling why didn't bcci said that they didn't invited Pakistan instead they made unpopular decision by confirming pcb chairman your logic doesn't add up

All the talk, did Indian Government said anything about approval or disapproval, question of that comes only after BCCI put proposal to government.

Bully or not BCCI will need Indian Government approval.

Buddy, BCCI is a sports body, it has no remit commenting on the political/diplomatic relations of the two countries but it has been, that too from the outset. Statements like ' how can we play in these conditions?', 'cricket can't be played in isolation' and many more.

All it had to do was say this: we will abide by the MoU as long as the gov gives us a go ahead. The fact that the BCCI started acting like a political party shows its malafide intentions. To what purpose? I don't know but I'd like to think it's not the shameful goal of bankrupting the PCB as so many Indians here wish to happen.

Buddy, BCCI is a sports body, it has no remit commenting on the political/diplomatic relations of the two countries but it has been, that too from the outset. Statements like ' how can we play in these conditions?', 'cricket can't be played in isolation' and many more.

All it had to do was say this: we will abide by the MoU as long as the gov gives us a go ahead. The fact that the BCCI started acting like a political party shows its malafide intentions. To what purpose? I don't know but I'd like to think it's not the shameful goal of bankrupting the PCB as so many Indians here wish to happen.

I don't know about Pakistan, But India doesn't look favorably to Pakistan after 26/11, BCCI can play with host of nations but any tournament with pakistan will have intense scrutiny of government and people.

Unless Government is favorably inclined no matter what BCCI proposes ,Government will dispose either on its own or under public pressure.

I don't know about Pakistan, But India doesn't look favorably to Pakistan after 26/11, BCCI can play with host of nations but any tournament with pakistan will have intense scrutiny of government and people.

Unless Government is favorably inclined no matter what BCCI proposes ,Government will dispose either on its own or under public pressure.

That's all fine but it still doesn't give BCCI the right to do what it did. BCCI's job is to look after the affairs of Indian cricket, Indian foreign policy is not its domain.

Nothing out of the ordinary. The agreement must be subject to govt granting necessary permissions.

Similar to how pakistani players after signing three year contracts for IPL were denied permission to play IPL 2 in south africa by their govt (only to cry foul later, typical) putting IPL teams in a spot!
Look if the agreement says that it is subjected to Indian govt clearance and if denied nothing is binding than i am all for it...however if not then BCCI should compensate PCB..simple....

Also, what does BCCI need permission about: Playing Pakistan or playing her outside of India? If BCCI does in fact need gov's permission, why were they inviting Pak to play in India
I guess both....the point is that BCCI needs to go to govt. for security clearance...I agree they shouldn't invite without having proper permissions...

No fine payable. BCCI had put in a clause specifying that any series will be subject to government approval & that the BCCI would not be liable if that approval is not given.
Well then that's it...not sure why PCB is jumping up and down....Can some informed Pakistani friend throw some light?? what is the fuss about??

Pls tell me why the Baloch rebels you harbor are freedom fighters and the ones fighting in Kashmir are terrorists i.e. Hafiz Saeed, Lakhvi etc? This is going to be interesting.

Balochis are fighting for independence. Hafeez Sayeed and Lakhvi are terrorists who are implicated in the murder of hundreds of innocent civilians nowhere near J&K. By the way, who told you that Hafeez, Lakhvi and gang fight in J&K? They operate in Pakistan.

At worst, Balochi leaders hosted in Delhi can be compared to JKLF leaders - as separatists. Our separatists freely live in J&K, because we are a tolerant country that allows differences in opinion, so long as violence is not involved. That is the difference between our nations. If we allow those who seek separation from India to live peacefully here, why do you have a problem with us hosting Balochi freedom fighters/separatists?

Hmm....interesting.

Today I read somewhere that the MOU stated clearly that BCCI was agreeing for the series as a quid pro quo for PCB vote for BCCI's takeover of ICC. No other details regarding financial matters etc.

Kya zabardast ka kela pakdaya PCB ko boss!!!:lol::lol::lol:

That's all fine but it still doesn't give BCCI the right to do what it did. BCCI's job is to look after the affairs of Indian cricket, Indian foreign policy is not its domain.

It doesn't , we have capable FO for that. But we expect BCCI to follow rule of land.

Nope. Just a member of Parliament.
He is BJP MP and its BJP people in BCCI

well my only question is why they are taking so long to take any firm stand? Its been end of November and they still cannot decide about series suppose to be happen in 15 dec. If you dont want any cricket relationship then simply say it loudly and clear once and for all . They should have not even signed the MoU but i guess they were not thinking about 26/11 victims when they did signed it ..confuse hypocrite approach as usual

Relax. Pakistan just got a $500 million bailout from IMF. So you can pay the interest on foreign loans for at least 6 months now. By then CPEC cash machine will start and Pakistan will be super-duper rich. In case these dreams don't materialize, and loan default is looming once again, then PCB can politely request BCCI again. Even we will support your case then, as it will be genuine need.

Back
Top Bottom