What's new

India receives its first EMB-145 AEW&C aircraft

can any explain why the radar is like a rectangular rod unlike dome shaped rotating one as in phalcon. What r the adv or disadv of both types. Plz answer.

can any explain why the radar is like a rectangular rod unlike dome shaped rotating one as in phalcon. What r the adv or disadv of both types. Plz answer.

The phalcon radar doesn't rotate either - it is electronically scanned.

Wow what a timing, one day attack on Pakistani AEW&C and the other day indiuction in indian airfirce??? I am 200% sure inaida is involved in attack on Kamra Airbase. Pakistan should respond tit for tat.

India has received its first Embraer EMB-145 airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft.

The first of three aircraft was delivered at Embraer's São Josė dos Campos headquarters, says the Brazilian airframer.

The aircraft has undergone ground and flight tests, meeting targets set by Embraer and the Centre for Airborne Systems unit of India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

Following the integration of DRDO mission systems, the aircraft will subsequently be handed over to the Indian air force. India ordered the three aircraft under a $208 million deal in 2008.

getasset.aspx

©Embraer

The aircraft is equipped with an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar in a fairing above the fuselage. The radar was developed by the DRDO. Designed based on the ERJ-145 regional jet, the EMB-145 features an inflight refuelling probe and enhanced cooling capacity.

Ten EMB-145 based AEW&C aircraft have previously been produced for Brazil, Greece and Mexico. All are equipped with Erieye surveillance radars produced by Saab Microwave Systems.

Wow what a timing, one day attack on Pakistani AEW&C and the other day indiuction in indian airfirce??? I am 200% sure inaida is involved in attack on Kamra Airbase. Pakistan should respond tit for tat.
Proof???:what:

And what was the point you were trying to make in that case? Why post the "respective sites" ie Embraer's AWACS when India is npt buying it and so it is irrelevant news?

I was not trying to prove any point, it was a simple statement. Period. Yes its irrelevant w.r.t to Indian AEW&C but not in general to EMB-145 AEW&C platform.

I was saying was in reply to a guy claiming the ERIEYE and DRDO AWACS had the same range by quoting the EMB webiste

Man.... when did I claimed ERIEYE and DRDO AWACS had the same range?

I think I shouldn't have posted two websites which I posted... as just for Information and not for comparison.

@Mods - Please delete my post with websites. I don't want any confusion. Thanks.

Go on buddy...but hey....you have to take care of those trrorist who are targeting daily. If you get indulged with us, you will be more susceptible to these terrorists.

Anytime line for DRDO part and when can we see this thing in action?

Apóllōn;3328945 said:
I was not trying to prove any point, it was a simple statement. Period. Yes its irrelevant w.r.t to Indian AEW&C but not in general to EMB-145 AEW&C platform.

Man.... when did I claimed ERIEYE and DRDO AWACS had the same range?

I think I shouldn't have posted two websites which I posted... as just for Information and not for comparison.

@Mods - Please delete my post with websites. I don't want any confusion. Thanks.

Personally, I do not think you did anything wrong by posting those two websites. And it is informative and not comparitive in any way.
Actually, since the EMB-145 is already being sold as an Erieye platform, people could have assumed that the EMB-145 coming to India is one of those. It is not. India will simply be acquiring the platform from Brazil and adding the sensory and interfacing innards. And the Indian package has some add-ons which exceed the Erieye package on offer.

Your post and the responses to it may have helped to clarify that to people who did not know that.

Spot on. This is retaliation to inciting communal tensions.

what will be range of detection for our DRDO AEWC.
some say it is 400kms in various sites is it true.

Its possible to be above 400km tracking range. I dont have any proof to back this up but
I believe that's it. The real strength of this one will be the numbers though. We can
adjoin the respective Fields of View of multiple such radars and enable aircraft to have a much
larger degree of awareness around and into the enemy territory.

However no AWACS aircraft (let it be from IAF or PAF/PLAAF) cannot go into an area that is full
of enemy air dominance fighters and SAM networks, in other words, AWACS simply cannot accompany
fighters into enemy territory in the initial stages of the war. But radars that do the role of a
mini-AWACS like N011M BARS of Su-30MKI can be effective here. They have a search range of
>400km, can be datalinked to other weaker radars and are mounted on extremely agile and firepower-equipped
platforms so needn't fear cross-country surviellance ops as much as a traditional cargoplane AWACS would.

Back
Top Bottom