What's new

India receives its first EMB-145 AEW&C aircraft

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

India has received its first Embraer EMB-145 airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft.

The first of three aircraft was delivered at Embraer's São Josė dos Campos headquarters, says the Brazilian airframer.

The aircraft has undergone ground and flight tests, meeting targets set by Embraer and the Centre for Airborne Systems unit of India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

Following the integration of DRDO mission systems, the aircraft will subsequently be handed over to the Indian air force. India ordered the three aircraft under a $208 million deal in 2008.

getasset.aspx

©Embraer

The aircraft is equipped with an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar in a fairing above the fuselage. The radar was developed by the DRDO. Designed based on the ERJ-145 regional jet, the EMB-145 features an inflight refuelling probe and enhanced cooling capacity.

Ten EMB-145 based AEW&C aircraft have previously been produced for Brazil, Greece and Mexico. All are equipped with Erieye surveillance radars produced by Saab Microwave Systems.

why just 3?? It should be above 15. And where it stands in front of saab awacs?? :)

Also i 've hrd that another drdo awacs project is running on and on seperate platform in the lines of phalcon. Which platform 'll iaf choose??:undecided:

i am diying to see DRDo's AWAC fully functional & deployed.
best luck to DRDO for the integration of the radar anteena on the plane.
the 3 are prototypes...there will be 24 total production-version DRDO AWACS.

The capabilities of the radar are unknown so far, but the platform is much better than SAAB-2000 aircraft.

in all Indian will operate 6 to 10 Phalcan type & 25 to 30 DRDO type AWAC's.the current order is to validate the performance of the home made radar.

Also i 've hrd that another drdo awacs project is running on and on seperate platform in the lines of phalcon. Which platform 'll iaf choose??:undecided:

We have a big country, buddy. The IAF has to choose both if it has to be able to secure and monitor 100% of airspace.

I don't know about south India as Navy is very strong there but western and eastern frontiers cannot afford to have gaps in airspace surveillance.

I have reason to believe that the Boeing E-767 platform will be chosen, the same one is operated
by Japanese Air Force.

A new artist impression floated on the net which seems to suggest just that.

the 3 are prototypes...there will be 24 total production-version DRDO AWACS.

The capabilities of the radar are unknown so far, but the platform is much better than SAAB-2000 aircraft.

Hearsay...Tall Claim

Tell which Band Radar Operates in....frequency range...

I have reason to believe that the Boeing E-767 platform will be chosen, the same one is operated
by Japanese Air Force.

sir dnt u think that without choosing il76 platform for phalcon iaf should choose the boeing 737-800 long ago????

by Japanese Air Force.

Should buy this.

RAAF_Wedgetail_Ryabtsev.jpg

^^^
First of all, Embraer seems to have adhered to the delivery time; kudos to them.
About the Indian project to inegrate the Phalcon on a larger platform (which will be a must), it may well be on the Boeing 767 or Airbus 330. No clear indications are available yet.
Seems that the IAF will operate a Hi-Lo mix in the AWACs fleet too.

PEACE IS THE ONLY AND BEST OPTION FOR BOTH INDIA AND PAKISTAN BUT SOME SECRET HANDS NEVER EVER WANT THIS THING TO BE EVER HAPPENED ALL INDIANS AND PAKISTANI KNOW THOSE HANDS WELL BUT STILL. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .NO CHANGE. WASTING 80%TAX MONEY OF THERE NATION ON DEFENSE DESTRUCTION RATHER THEN FOR SOME WELFARE CHARITY GOOD THINGS.

PEACE IS THE ONLY AND BEST OPTION FOR BOTH INDIA AND PAKISTAN BUT SOME SECRET HANDS NEVER EVER WANT THIS THING TO BE EVER HAPPENED ALL INDIANS AND PAKISTANI KNOW THOSE HANDS WELL BUT STILL. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .NO CHANGE. WASTING 80%TAX MONEY OF THERE NATION ON DEFENSE DESTRUCTION RATHER THEN FOR SOME WELFARE CHARITY GOOD THINGS.
First of all u should gather knowledge abt india and its spending on defence before posting comments. India just spend 2% of its total gdp on defence!

Well then be an initiator and condemn saudi arabia n the middle east who are the largest funders of terrorists both ideologically n financially..

Back
Top Bottom