What's new

India serves 90 day notice to Pakistan on Indus Water Treaty!

This thread is quite entertaining and nauseating at the same time.

Apart from the sheer drivel written till now about everything from water wars to turning Pakistan into a desert. the scope of the Notice is as follows.

India’s Indus Commissioner issued a notice to Pakistani counterpart to notify a date for the commencement of interstate bilateral negotiations to rectify an ongoing material breach of the Indus Water treaty,

What:
Notice issued to notify a date for the commencement of interstate bilateral negotiations

Why:
To rectify an ongoing material breach of the Indus Water treaty by Pakistan.
In 2015, Pakistan requested the appointment of a Neutral Expert to examine its technical objections to India’s Kishenganga and Ratle Hydro Electric Projects (HEPs). In 2016, Pakistan unilaterally retracted this request and proposed that a Court of Arbitration adjudicate its objections.

How:
Pakistan, despite repeated efforts by India to find a mutually agreeable way forward, has refused to discuss the issue during the five meetings of the Permanent Indus Commission from 2017 to 2022.

The World Bank at Pakistan’s continued insistence initiated actions on both the Neutral Expert and Court of Arbitration processes. Such parallel consideration of the same issues is not covered under any provision of IWT.

@SQ8 @VCheng @jaibi
There are two mechanisms offered Nuetral expert or Court of arbitration. You cannot have both running at the same time. India's notice is to fix the violations of IWT by Pakistan.

Lets come to what it is not:

NOT

NOT

Not

Nope

Nope

And straight up not any of the below, Notice is exactly as stated above.

Now if there are any takers to discuss the subject on merit, that would be interesting,
If not let's enjoy all of the fictional dramatizations of a very mundane bureaucratic issue.
Be that as it may, it'd still push onto an overall objective, that's my point, and our history is quite muddled with complex negotiations. Let's see how it plays out.

1. When the gop won't have money for even salaries of its employees, it will do whatever it takes.

2. Establishment cult is over. Their dominance is not even the shadows of its past. They thinks themselves as invincible, whereas in reality anything they does backfire. Although it does not matter in the eyes of them, but the hatred for them in public is very much and very real.

1. If money is everything then what about security ? IWT is not just about money its about water i.e., life line for Pakistan and withdrawing from it, never – people will kill them

2. I don't think so. Unless until establishment size and financial power cut down or reduced, it will weld its cult over everyone directly or indirectly. Public opinion will/can be changed in overnight. If 1971 didn't able to reduce establishment power, then only economic meltdown can cut its size otherwise nothing will change.

Main issue is Pakistan’s economic problem, how & who will tackle it. Who will bell the cat ? unless until Pakistan economically stable India will surely take advantage.

This thread is quite entertaining and nauseating at the same time.

Apart from the sheer drivel written till now about everything from water wars to turning Pakistan into a desert. the scope of the Notice is as follows.

India’s Indus Commissioner issued a notice to Pakistani counterpart to notify a date for the commencement of interstate bilateral negotiations to rectify an ongoing material breach of the Indus Water treaty,

What:
Notice issued to notify a date for the commencement of interstate bilateral negotiations

Why:
To rectify an ongoing material breach of the Indus Water treaty by Pakistan.
In 2015, Pakistan requested the appointment of a Neutral Expert to examine its technical objections to India’s Kishenganga and Ratle Hydro Electric Projects (HEPs). In 2016, Pakistan unilaterally retracted this request and proposed that a Court of Arbitration adjudicate its objections.

How:
Pakistan, despite repeated efforts by India to find a mutually agreeable way forward, has refused to discuss the issue during the five meetings of the Permanent Indus Commission from 2017 to 2022.

The World Bank at Pakistan’s continued insistence initiated actions on both the Neutral Expert and Court of Arbitration processes. Such parallel consideration of the same issues is not covered under any provision of IWT.

@SQ8 @VCheng @jaibi
There are two mechanisms offered Nuetral expert or Court of arbitration. You cannot have both running at the same time. India's notice is to fix the violations of IWT by Pakistan.

Lets come to what it is not:

NOT

NOT

Not

Nope

Nope

And straight up not any of the below, Notice is exactly as stated above.

Now if there are any takers to discuss the subject on merit, that would be interesting,
If not let's enjoy all of the fictional dramatizations of a very mundane bureaucratic issue.
Eloquently put, this isn’t about payback.

Just sticking to rules fairly, isn’t that hard!

The army won't risk Zardari coming to power, not after what happened last time. Nawaz will be a puppet if he comes to power, but I think his time is done.

Regardless of who comes to power, I think the army will have more say in this, and they'll say no.

If election happens now or future, only IK has the cult & capacity to win election with 3/4 majority and he will do it.

question is will establishment will be able to control IK, if not then how will establishment react when IK comes to power ? anyhow possibility of a civil war is very high

Physics fail..... but that is expected...

Flow rate of a river vs carrying capacity of dams? Look it up...

Just flow rate of Indus river:
195400 cu ft/ s

Kishenganga capacity: 648000000 cu ft.

So one Kishenganga holds water worth 55.27 min of water of Indus. 30 dams will hold water worth 30× 55mins ~ roughly 30 hours of average flow.

For India to accumulate even 1% of Indus rivers avg discharge, India will need to build 95 such dams....
( @SQ8 @VCheng feel free to correct the numbers if i have fat fingered any of them. )

And thus the nauseating amusement of horrid logic... poor reading and lack of basic comprehension.

It seems time for sane discussions are over, now everything will happen in chaotic manner.

Pakistan is studying the Nuclear Treaty

You can find response about Indus Treaty as well in that thread

Starts with Ababeel and Ends with Bang

Last edited:
1. If money is everything then what about security ? IWT is not just about money its about water i.e., life line for Pakistan and withdrawing from it, never – people will kill them

2. I don't think so. Unless until establishment size and financial power cut down or reduced, it will weld its cult over everyone directly or indirectly. Public opinion will/can be changed in overnight. If 1971 didn't able to reduce establishment power, then only economic meltdown can cut its size otherwise nothing will change.

Main issue is Pakistan’s economic problem, how & who will tackle it. Who will bell the cat ? unless until Pakistan economically stable India will surely take advantage.

security: gop killed its own people through drones kidnappings etc.
IWT: pak is already at loss and people being deprived from water, gop is already asleep on this. People are helpless.
Estb: didn't learned anything but didn't faced this much hatred even after 71 bcoz of media. Its People or power, so they cannot change opinions anymore.
Economic meltdown is already happening.

And then flood the downstream areas. I guess one flood was not enough.
Use some brain, If you have any Indian, before you write. India does not have any upstream reservoirs on any river flowing into Pakistan except Sutlej and Bias and it cannot do jack $hit. On the other hand China is already working on diverting your rivers. You guys are nothing but hot air. Just remember Ladakh and post Balakot.

security: gop killed its own people through drones kidnappings etc.
IWT: pak is already at loss and people being deprived from water, gop is already asleep on this. People are helpless.
Estb: didn't learned anything but didn't faced this much hatred even after 71 bcoz of media. Its People or power, so they cannot change opinions anymore.
Economic meltdown is already happening.

I can feel your Frustration !

I predict that Pakistan will be held water hostage in the not so long distant future. India is doing a good job. Luckily for India, the Pakistani leaders are clueless.

Pakistan will not be economically stable for at least 50 years.
It's debts are increasing at 14% per annum, all major assets have been sold off and the population is increasing alarmingly. Pakistan is a time-bomb waiting to explode, and it'll not be one single explosion. It'll be series of disasters which would make Somalia look like paradise. Pakistan is not doing anything to control it's population. The lack of food, water and resources will push millions of Pakistanis towards acute poverty.
Use some brain, If you have any Indian, before you write. India does not have any upstream reservoirs on any river flowing into Pakistan except Sutlej and Bias and it cannot do jack $hit. On the other hand China is already working on diverting your rivers. You guys are nothing but hot air. Just remember Ladakh and post Balakot.
Chinese rivers run through Assam, Meghalaya etc. That area(NE India) has much much more water than it would want. Just for reference, the world's rainiest city is located there(Cherapunji). It's covered entirely in tropical forests with lakes, waterfalls and natural dams.

So unlike Pakistan which is a desert nation surviving on a few rivers, NE India won't mind Brahmaputra water being diverted.

It's likely going to happen. Or something similar. A combination of land for money and water swap.

It happens all the time in the real world. When a family is hardup, they sell their big property and move into a smaller place to continue to put food on the table.

The face saving will be that Pakistan did it to be the bigger man and end the enmity by giving India back what is rightfully theirs.

I made this post on the "If Pakistan Vanishes Tomorrow" thread on December 4, 2022.

Tell me how many of you honestly, at the bottom of your hearts, believe this is still fantastical.

Once you do, tell me how many of you are actually living and earning in Pakistan.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are now two East Germanies on both our flanks waiting to happen.

And 2-3 generations of Indians are gonna get fugged in the bargain like the West Germans did.

I made this post on the "If Pakistan Vanishes Tomorrow" thread on December 4, 2022.

Tell me how many of you honestly, at the bottom of your hearts, believe this is still fantastical.

Once you do, tell me how many of you are actually living and earning in Pakistan.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are now two East Germanies on both our flanks waiting to happen.

And 2-3 generations of Indians are gonna get fugged in the bargain like the West Germans did.

No, Pakistan will not collapse

No, Pakistan will not collapse

Coalesce.

And you're living and earning in the UK.

And on topic, eating and drinking there as well.

Even a year ago, pre langda khan, a post like this would have a million Pakistanis jumping on me with atmi bombs.

The silence now post Bajwa and Imran and the reality of atta and petrol says everything.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom