What's new

India story is about manufacturing

He doesn't have a thought process.

He can only feed you ... on CPC propaganda translated into English .... as per which only China have a birth right over assembling components imported from Taiwan, South Korea and Japan.

No point trying to chase such a thought process ..... please leave these twisted guys to live in their own utopia.

India's story consists a lot about manufacturing ... and same has been doing pretty ok.

We need to do better on the electronics assembly lines ..... importing components from Taiwan, South Korea and Japan .... essentially cutting out the China part of the chain (assembling).

Free trade agreements with Taiwan, South Korea and Japan are the way to go (like we've done with ASEAN) ... and like Foxconn is already in business in India.

its good you have your own vivid funny indian dreams, but in reality there is no way india can cut out china, the hurting fact is that India simply doesnt have the technological know-how and capability to be even a low-end manufacturing base let alone challenge China's leads in high tech manufacturing capability.

China took over U.S as the world biggest industry in 2011 and also overtook U.S as the world biggest high tech exporter and consumer in 2010, so there is nothing indian delusions can challenge solid facts.

for example, in textile industry, India is indeed a major supplier of cotton and un-processed or semi-processed leathers (thats one of the reasons i went there many times), however, even in this usually considered low-tech industry, India has yet possess the tech know-how to make high value added garments, but only supplies to low-end market (topshop, H&M, gap, G-star Raw and etc), yet the machines used for making those garments are mostly Chinese ones. China, turkey and Italy import lots raw materials from India and taliored them for higher market (Reiss, CK, Dolce & Gabbana, Dsquared2, Dior, Chanel, LV, Verri and etc).

and i believe this trend also applies to auto, electronic, semi-conductor, computer, ship-building, neno and aviation industries. as it is very obvious in economical terms that most of us know that comparative and competitive advantages, it defies the stereotype (thanks to the western propaganda) that the reason of China is the manufacturing base is only because its 'cheap' labour. however, in reality cost is just one of the major factors of resource allocation.

For example, in my factories the labour cost alone to make A jacket will cost as much as $150 which the meterial, shipment, import (raw meterials) and export taxes and fairs are not included that can easily added another few hunderd dollars. so people would ask me why not making it in Vietnam or India? our answer is simple, they just cant make it that quality.

nothing wrong with being resource poor, but the poorer your own resources, the more you have to import.
So what if you have to import? And Japan is one of the most resource deprived nation.
India has less coal than China, but with almost same population. Coal is almost completely burned for electricity, and is more difficult to ship than oil, so less coal means less electricity. The main input for modern industry is electricity.
So Coal has only one important usage i.e. electricity generation. But there multiple other ways of elec. generation. Why do you think shortage of coal will hamper IN. And that too we have proven reserves that will last for century. CN will run out of its reserves in 35 years or so. Do you think CN will not be able to fulfill its elec. demand after that?

Rare earths are rare because of problems with purification and refining. China has a technological monopoly on 99% of rare earth refining and separation capacity. Even if India opened rare earth mines today, it will still have to ship the raw ore to China at low cost, we will refine it, and sell pure metal back at high cost.
hmmm...so from natural resource we have moved to technological know-how. You yourself has srunk the list that you started. You talked about how natural resource deprived IN is. As rate earth has nothing to do with natural resource lets leave it right here. Technical monopoly..who knows what going to happen tomorrow. For all that matters, Zimbabwe comes up something new.

Iron ore should stay in India because India will need it in the future, but due to weak steel industry and weak demand for automobiles, housing and other steel products (in terms of money, not in terms of need) the iron is sold to China.
Are you sure about IN steel industry? Pls find out who is the cheapest producer of steel in World. Company which is used as benchmark. And IN also exports finished good made of steel. And at what bases you are assuming that in future IN will run out of ore. But than again, ok, pls check the export of ore for last six months. Its nose dived due to restrictions by court. So now IN has ore and is not exporting it.

A service based economy is great, if others can manufacture for you and they need your services. When either of these conditions are absent...
A manufacture based economy is great, if others can service for you and they need your manufactured products . When either of these conditions are absent...

Pls put forward your argument, not some one lines which add no value to discussion

As I said earlier, I don't buy this argument that Manufacturing based economy is better than Service based economy. You have not presented any facts, argument to support your view. All your point have been taken careof.

Apologies for being short on patience, but I have other pressing priorities. I will not be able to reply unless you put forward argument backed by facts and figures to support you view.

China's Manufacturing boom relies mostly on imitation but India's Manufacturing is mostly based on innovation and that is the reality - only time can tell which one is better and going to sustain!!!

Nice videos about India and China, and I admire China's growth whether it's based on imitation are or any thing but they have done a wonderful job, and this kind of development is possible only with sheer hard-work and dedication...

This TCS office building got more steel then Eiffel Tower!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
China's Manufacturing boom relies mostly on imitation but India's Manufacturing is mostly based on innovation and that is the reality - only time can tell which one is better and going to sustain!!!

Nice videos about India and China, and I admire China's growth whether it's based on imitation are or any thing but they have done a wonderful job, and this kind of development is possible only with sheer hard-work and dedication...

Oh please .... what innovation are you talking about? The Chinese are ahead of us in most fields. In addition to other things, they also make cheap products. We cannot do that coz our infrastructure is sh1tty. Its high time we see where we really stand in the world. Such boasting won't take us anywhere. (nirai kudam thalumbadu!)

Oh please .... what innovation are you talking about? The Chinese are ahead of us in most fields. In addition to other things, they also make cheap products. We cannot do that coz our infrastructure is sh1tty. Its high time we see where we really stand in the world. Such boasting won't take us anywhere. (nirai kudam thalumbadu!)

I admire China for their achievement, please watch the three videos and then comment, I am not saying that China is doing more imitation work - it's in the video they talk about the strength and weakness of India and China and they say the difference between India and China is innovation and imitation...

Also bellow there is a nice video where two renowned economists talks about the economy of India and China, and in-fact the economist from China says India also doing a wonderful job by developing 7% to 8% year after year with out any major push from Indian government, where us China is pumping huge stimulant to it's economy for a higher growth rate every year...

I admire China for their achievement, please watch the three videos and then comment, I am not saying that China is doing more imitation work - it's in the video they talk about the strength and weakness of India and China and they say the difference between India and China is innovation and imitation...

Also bellow there is a nice video where two renowned economists talks about the economy of India and China, and in-fact the economist from China says India also doing a wonderful job by developing 7% to 8% year after year with out any major push from Indian government, where us China is pumping huge stimulant to it's economy for a higher growth rate every year...

I have seen this video. But tell me how we are more innovative than the Chinese. Is there any particular field that you are talking about?

Oh please .... what innovation are you talking about? The Chinese are ahead of us in most fields. In addition to other things, they also make cheap products. We cannot do that coz our infrastructure is sh1tty.

We are not ignorant about the fact that China is way ahead us in many fields. But this is not about who is ahead of us. Every country has their own way of formulating policy. So the question is, are we on the right path and the answer is yes. Things can be done a lot more faster in our country but as India is a democracy so things get delayed due to various reason.

For example - when China decides to build a dam or expressway, they can do it faster because Govt of China is not accountable to anyone. Here in India we face a lot of problem of land acquisition and GOI have to fight many legal battles, Which I believe is good for the farmers of our country. One more thing, area wise China is larger than India. So when building any project related to infrastructure they might not have to go through densely populated areas.

Its high time we see where we really stand in the world.

-> We are the fourth largest economy in terms of PPP and 11 in terms of GDP.
-> We are the largest Milk Producer in the World
-> Second largest wheat producer
-> Largest rice producer
(Please use google to find out many more facts about India)

Such boasting won't take us anywhere.

Can you please elaborate the above statement? We are just putting up few facts where we are 10 years before and where we are now.
10 years before there were no Delhi Metro. But now we have 190Km of world class urban transportation in the form of Delhi metro.
If your compare our international airports at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi today with that of 2005 you will see the difference.
10 years before there was no
-> 8 lane Outer Ring Road of Hydrabad
-> Bandra-Worli Sea Link
-> We were not the largest exporter of small cars (We achieve that in 2009)
-> We did not have 12000MW of Wind energy
-> 6 lane Yamuna express way (165 Km,Connecting Delhi to Agra)
-> Bangalore Metro (I know it is just 7 m now, but delhi metro started with 6/7km in 2003)
(There is a long list, you can google it)

This TCS office building got more steel then Eiffel Tower!!!

there is no such thing called imitation manufacturing or innovation manufacturing. innovation and manufacturing are two different thing, but manufacturing is the base of further innovation. there is no such country can escape from being a manufacturing power to a innovation driven economy. you need to learn walk first then run.

just look at annual industrial patent grants from PCT (Patent Coporation Treaty, the only internationally recognized professional patent and innovation examination body) you'd find out the so called India's manufacturing is innovation based is as BS as Somalia pirate is as powerful as US navy. as every year India is getting around 1000 patents (but mostly owned by foreign entities) from PCT, whereas companies like Sony, ZTE or Huawei (both chinese) alone are getting more than 1500 patents per year from PCT, not to mention how many China can get from PCT
In terms of patents overseas, Chinese companies have also been climbing in the rankings, according to data from the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO).

In 2010, China's No.2 telecommunications equipment maker ZTE Corp was second on the list of applicants, ranking just behind Japan's Panasonic Corp.

U.S. chip maker Qualcomm Inc came in third, while China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, the world's second-largest telecom gear maker, was fourth, according to WIPO.

Chinese companies have been trying to be more innovative as they transform from contract manufacturers to regional and global brand names producing higher end products to improve margins
China tops U.S, Japan to become top patent filer | Reuters

and also the annual report from WIPO and Thomson Reuters categorized India as primitive society that is 2 steps away from China's efficiency driven society and 4 steps away from America's innovation driven society.

We are not ignorant about the fact that China is way ahead us in many fields. But this is not about who is ahead of us. Every country has their own way of formulating policy. So the question is, are we on the right path and the answer is yes. Things can be done a lot more faster in our country but as India is a democracy so things get delayed due to various reason.

For example - when China decides to build a dam or expressway, they can do it faster because Govt of China is not accountable to anyone. Here in India we face a lot of problem of land acquisition and GOI have to fight many legal battles, Which I believe is good for the farmers of our country. One more thing, area wise China is larger than India. So when building any project related to infrastructure they might not have to go through densely populated areas.

-> We are the fourth largest economy in terms of PPP and 11 in terms of GDP.
-> We are the largest Milk Producer in the World
-> Second largest wheat producer
-> Largest rice producer
(Please use google to find out many more facts about India)

Can you please elaborate the above statement? We are just putting up few facts where we are 10 years before and where we are now.
10 years before there were no Delhi Metro. But now we have 190Km of world class urban transportation in the form of Delhi metro.
If your compare our international airports at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi today with that of 2005 you will see the difference.
10 years before there was no
-> 8 lane Outer Ring Road of Hydrabad
-> Bandra-Worli Sea Link
-> We were not the largest exporter of small cars (We achieve that in 2009)
-> We did not have 12000MW of Wind energy
-> 6 lane Yamuna express way (165 Km,Connecting Delhi to Agra)
-> Bangalore Metro (I know it is just 7 m now, but delhi metro started with 6/7km in 2003)
(There is a long list, you can google it)

I am not ignorant to these facts. I am simply questioning how he came to the conclusion that we are better innovators and the Chinese are not.

I am not ignorant to these facts. I am simply questioning how he came to the conclusion that we are better innovators and the Chinese are not.

I am not sure who is a better innovator. But I agree with you on the point that we need to do lot more. We need a lot of reforms in our agriculture sector. We are good in manufacturing sector but still more reforms required in this sector too.

you'd find out the so called India's manufacturing is innovation based is as BS as Somalia pirate is as powerful as US navy. as every year India is getting around 1000 patents ((but mostly owned by foreign entities) from PCT

The above statement shows that you have a innovative mind.

For example, in my factories the labour cost alone to make A jacket will cost as much as $150 which the meterial, shipment, import (raw meterials) and export taxes and fairs are not included that can easily added another few hunderd dollars. so people would ask me why not making it in Vietnam or India? our answer is simple, they just cant make it that quality.

Is that so? I mean all the high quality things are made only in China, right?

I am not sure who is a better innovator. But I agree with you on the point that we need to do lot more. We need a lot of reforms in our agriculture sector. We are good in manufacturing sector but still more reforms required in this sector too.

The above statement shows that you have a innovative mind.

Is that so? I mean all the high quality things are made only in China, right?
my businesses are build on quality and services as many other chinese businesses. so you are using your ignorant and brainwahsed brain arguing with my field of expertise.

try to hit your funny brain against the solid figures of China's high tech capital goods export

my businesses are build on quality and services as many other chinese businesses. so you are using your ignorant and brainwahsed brain arguing with my field of expertise.

I am not at all interested to argue with you. I know how good you Chinese are.

try to hit your funny brain against the solid figures of China's high tech capital goods export

This thread is not about solid or liquid figures of Chinese export. This thread is about Indian manufacturing industry so it would be better to stay on topic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom