What's new

India story is about manufacturing

I am not sure who is a better innovator. But I agree with you on the point that we need to do lot more. We need a lot of reforms in our agriculture sector. We are good in manufacturing sector but still more reforms required in this sector too.

The above statement shows that you have a innovative mind.

Is that so? I mean all the high quality things are made only in China, right?

RCRMJ is in the business of luxury goods, so if they are low quality, he can't sell them for 10k+ RMB like some bags and jackets I've seen on sale.

There are some hardcore luxury brands in China like Liwai and Shanghai Tang, as well as lower class brand names like MetersBonwe. You can't convince Chinese shoppers to drop tens of thousands of RMB on anything unless its high quality.

On the other hand, how many Indian luxury brands are there, and how many are made in India?

RCRMJ is in the business of luxury goods, so if they are low quality, he can't sell them for 10k+ RMB like some bags and jackets I've seen on sale.

There are some hardcore luxury brands in China like Liwai and Shanghai Tang, as well as lower class brand names like MetersBonwe. You can't convince Chinese shoppers to drop tens of thousands of RMB on anything unless its high quality.

On the other hand, how many Indian luxury brands are there, and how many are made in India?

MetersBonwe is too cheap not trendy, they losing market to those new comers like Jack&jones, Very moda, One, and Yichun (as far as I know their annual revenue is all above like 10 Billion RMB)

my wife used work for Prada Mui Mui in London Bond street and Reiss Covent Garden, her stores 50% sales were done by Chinese custmers especially for Mui Mui and Prada...and people know its Italian brand, but the confusing part is when new stocks coming they often found that the shippment origin was from China rather than Italy. so either they made the goods in Italy and ship to China and goes all the way back to Europ?? or ```` I dont want to say more` :D

anyway Italy still has the best technicians that no one can match, not even for China in 20 years however, our labour quality and efficiency is second to no one

We are taking about manufacturing industry as a whole. It is none of my concern where your Chinese friend works.

You want me to name few India brands. I am giving you a glimpse. These India brands complete with every international brand in their respective fields. Please note, I have not mentioned the big fish of Indian manufacturing. Please free to use google.

Here you go –

Bajaj –
  • Note, I am only taking about Bajaj Auto not the whole Bajaj group. Data is for 2010-11. Net sales 16,609 crore INR (3.15 billion US $).
  • Sold a record 3.82 million units – consisting of 3,387,043 motorcycles and 436,884 three-wheelers.
  • Exports were at an all-time high – and comfortably crossedthe 1 million mark, and rose by 35% to 1,203,718 units.

Hero MotoCorp (Data for 2010-2011)
  • World’s largest manufacturer of two- wheelers, based in India.
  • Total income – 19,670 crore INR (3.73 billion US $)
  • Sales - 5,402,444 units

Amul – A big contributor in making India world's largest milk and milk products producer, have a market turnover of 10,000 crore INR (1.89 billion US $)

Mahindra - Sales of 29, 358 crore INR (5.56 billion US $), the Group recently bought two Australian aerospace firms, Aerostaff Australia and Gippsland Aeronautics)

Airtel - India's largest telecom operator with more than 110 million users and an approximate annual turnover of Rs 55, 998 crore INR (10.62 billion US $).

Dabur - FMCG, turnover of 4000 crore INR (75 millin US $) and market capitalisation over Rs 10, 000 crore INR (1.89 billion US $)

and i know indian garment industry a little bit as well, they start to manufacture for middle-lower, and middle brands like Zara, G-star Raw and Diesel and the quality is ok, but they still need at least 2 decades to move up to higher chains. the only luxury fields they are good at is precious stones and diamonds

MetersBonwe is too cheap not trendy, they losing market to those new comers like Jack&jones, Very moda, One, and Yichun (as far as I know their annual revenue is all above like 10 Billion RMB)

my wife used work for Prada Mui Mui in London Bond street and Reiss Covent Garden, her stores 50% sales were done by Chinese custmers especially for Mui Mui and Prada...and people know its Italian brand, but the confusing part is when new stocks coming they often found that the shippment origin was from China rather than Italy. so either they made the goods in Italy and ship to China and goes all the way back to Europ?? or ```` I dont want to say more` :D

anyway Italy still has the best technicians that no one can match, not even for China in 20 years however, our labour quality and efficiency is second to no one

以纯's website is done very professionally but they seem to be more casual than the real luxury brands like Prada, LV, Gucci, Armani, etc.

vero moda is Danish =( jack and jones is british =(

I kind of like Liwai's style and I heard it was one of China's oldest true luxury brands.

ÀýÍâ

I have seen this video. But tell me how we are more innovative than the Chinese. Is there any particular field that you are talking about?

On the same video the Chinese young entrepreneur is copying a western design to make his shoe product without any regret, and he is in-fact without any hesitation says I am a shoemaker and it’s my duty to make shoe not bothering about whose design I am copying, I am not blaming the Chinese young entrepreneur may be they are not aware that it’s a big crime to copy others innovation or intellectual products. But on the other hand the India’s young entrepreneur is more in to creating his own design for his fancy jewelry and he is proud about his own design…

Also the difference is we have a thriving private sector which is pulling the growth-engine of India against all odds. When we opened our economy there was no infrastructure to support economic growth, but companies like Infosys created a Oasis like campuses (self sufficient), they complained against the lack of infrastructure but it didn't deter them from creating their own power generation or backup solution when the government is not providing adequate basic infrastructure support. On the other hand in China the government is doing a great job by providing the best of best infrastructure to support their economic growth, but I believe there is no big private entrepreneurship or major corporate in China, all China's top companies are government controlled.

During the cold war USSR was matching with USA in each and every field with their state controlled growth and when things went wrong it withered and the USA pulled away from every one with their robust private sector, companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple came in to picture all because they had a system which encouraged or delivered private entrepreneurship and corporate...

Only time can tell which model is better, the one on which growth is induced by government (China), or the one growing with out any major government support (India), but even i share the same concern of many that we need more reforms in India and with this kind of government's unfriendly business policies it won't be easy to sustain the same momentum...

India's Silicon Valley moves with the times

For more than two decades the city of Bangalore has been growing as an international technology hub, but now new challenges are facing the sector.

The BBC's Nidhi Dutt has been finding out how India's Silicon Valley is evolving with the times.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15814537[/video]

以纯's website is done very professionally but they seem to be more casual than the real luxury brands like Prada, LV, Gucci, Armani, etc.

I kind of like Liwai's style and I heard it was one of China's oldest true luxury brands.

ÀýÍâ
以纯's website is done in England, and I worked with that guy before and his fashion studio in london, and yet he is Chinese from Qingdao lol, most people dont know how many chinese are working in top end fashion industry.. they are all 'stealth' lol

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

ÀýÍâ
lol they are all owned by Chinese, only poeple from my circul know that``well``now you guys know it too, there are many many more

以纯's website is done in England, and I worked with that guy before and his fashion studio in london, and yet he is Chinese from Qingdao lol, most people dont know how many chinese are working in top end fashion industry.. they are all 'stealth' lol

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

lol they are all owned by Chinese, only poeple from my circul know that``well``now you guys know it too, there are many many more

Khub jamega jab milke post karenge do Chinese dost ...:woot:

The thread is about Indian manufacturing industry and these guys are busy with their own agenda.

We are not ignorant about the fact that China is way ahead us in many fields. But this is not about who is ahead of us. Every country has their own way of formulating policy. So the question is, are we on the right path and the answer is yes. Things can be done a lot more faster in our country but as India is a democracy so things get delayed due to various reason.

For example - when China decides to build a dam or expressway, they can do it faster because Govt of China is not accountable to anyone. Here in India we face a lot of problem of land acquisition and GOI have to fight many legal battles, Which I believe is good for the farmers of our country. One more thing, area wise China is larger than India. So when building any project related to infrastructure they might not have to go through densely populated areas.

-> We are the fourth largest economy in terms of PPP and 11 in terms of GDP.
-> We are the largest Milk Producer in the World
-> Second largest wheat producer
-> Largest rice producer
(Please use google to find out many more facts about India)

Can you please elaborate the above statement? We are just putting up few facts where we are 10 years before and where we are now.
10 years before there were no Delhi Metro. But now we have 190Km of world class urban transportation in the form of Delhi metro.
If your compare our international airports at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi today with that of 2005 you will see the difference.
10 years before there was no
-> 8 lane Outer Ring Road of Hydrabad
-> Bandra-Worli Sea Link
-> We were not the largest exporter of small cars (We achieve that in 2009)
-> We did not have 12000MW of Wind energy
-> 6 lane Yamuna express way (165 Km,Connecting Delhi to Agra)
-> Bangalore Metro (I know it is just 7 m now, but delhi metro started with 6/7km in 2003)
(There is a long list, you can google it)

also add that Indian economy is bigger that economy of so called rich "Canada" and India is 5th largest producer of steel in world

just want to ask my Chinese friends, how India is 5th largest producer of steel in world when according to you India is very weak at manufacturing?

also add that Indian economy is bigger that economy of so called rich "Canada" and India is 5th largest producer of steel in world

just want to ask my Chinese friends, how India is 5th largest producer of steel in world when according to you India is very weak at manufacturing?

India was never able to fulfill its own needs. Thats why NRI like me had to remain NRI.

Son,
You may be a senior member here.
But trust me,i have more experience than you.
India is still an idiot when it comes to manufacturing

India was never able to fulfill its own needs. Thats why NRI like me had to remain NRI.

It was your own decision to be a NRI. It is up to you to decide whether you want to return or not. It has nothing to do with manufacturing sector of India. I can give you thousands of instances where NRI are returning to India in past couple of years.

I am not one of those who keep on painting a rosy picture about Indian manufacturing sector. We have a long way to go, but we are on the right path.

India is still an idiot when it comes to manufacturing.

Only time will tell who is an idiot. When it comes to India view of few NRI like you does not really matter. India will be built by Indians living here, would appreciate a lot if our NRI friends want to play their part.

On the same video the Chinese young entrepreneur is copying a western design to make his shoe product without any regret, and he is in-fact without any hesitation says I am a shoemaker and it’s my duty to make shoe not bothering about whose design I am copying, I am not blaming the Chinese young entrepreneur may be they are not aware that it’s a big crime to copy others innovation or intellectual products. But on the other hand the India’s young entrepreneur is more in to creating his own design for his fancy jewelry and he is proud about his own design…

Also the difference is we have a thriving private sector which is pulling the growth-engine of India against all odds. When we opened our economy there was no infrastructure to support economic growth, but companies like Infosys created a Oasis like campuses (self sufficient), they complained against the lack of infrastructure but it didn't deter them from creating their own power generation or backup solution when the government is not providing adequate basic infrastructure support. On the other hand in China the government is doing a great job by providing the best of best infrastructure to support their economic growth, but I believe there is no big private entrepreneurship or major corporate in China, all China's top companies are government controlled.

During the cold war USSR was matching with USA in each and every field with their state controlled growth and when things went wrong it withered and the USA pulled away from every one with their robust private sector, companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple came in to picture all because they had a system which encouraged or delivered private entrepreneurship and corporate...

Only time can tell which model is better, the one on which growth is induced by government (China), or the one growing with out any major government support (India), but even i share the same concern of many that we need more reforms in India and with this kind of government's unfriendly business policies it won't be easy to sustain the same momentum...

India's Silicon Valley moves with the times

For more than two decades the city of Bangalore has been growing as an international technology hub, but now new challenges are facing the sector.

The BBC's Nidhi Dutt has been finding out how India's Silicon Valley is evolving with the times.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15814537[/video]

if you are so innovative, why are there no top brand luxury clothing from India?

Luxury brands aren't like semiconductors or high speed trains, they don't need billions of dollars just to get started, they are clothes. The thing that sets luxury brands apart are the innovativeness of the product, otherwise no one will spend thousands of dollars on clothes that they can get for 10.

And even funner is how you claim that government is the only cause of China's success. How does government help you in name brand clothing, paper recycling (Nine Dragons, whose boss is one of the richest women in the world) or beverages (Wahaha Group, whose CEO was #1 ranked on Forbes billionaires in China) lol.

You tell me where the innovation is in India. Huawei, a private company, files more patents per year than all of India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom