What's new

India Trails China in Firepower

@connanxlrc1000
yes, this stuff is true, memorize it.

i dont need to memorize it because its not my opinion if its true or not i want my country to speed up the defence mordenization

My post was post #2 of pk_thunder's thread. His thread got merged here by the admins. Use a little deductive reasoning.

what is there for reasoning since i started the thread and urs is the first reply in the thread i dont see any pk_thunder in the place were u mentioned it was last and got merged here in my thread

any how if he started it or i started whats the big deal its all merged :cheers:

Last edited:
He started a separate thread and I posted to tell him your thread already existed. It's not as complicated as you are making it out to be.

He started a separate thread and I posted to tell him your thread already existed. It's not as complicated as you are making it out to be.

i already sad in a simple language whats the big deal its ok dude let go:D

Spendings stuck, India trails China in firepower

Posted: Thu Sep 30 2010, 03:12 hrs

A year after China paraded its military might to mark 60 years of Communist rule, an internal study by South Block shows that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is way ahead of India in terms of strategic missiles, artillery, development of indigenous military hardware and acquisition. This comparison study has been shared with the UPA government at the highest levels.

China’s defence budget, pegged at $77.5 billion, is more than twice that of India’s $32-billion but its 2009 military parade has set off alarm bells in Delhi given the shortcomings in indigenous production capability and gaps in acquisition of military hardware — for a few years now, the Defence Ministry has not been able to spend the allocated capital for modernisation of the armed forces.

This is what the internal study found:

The PLA has a clear lead over the Indian Army in terms of infantry weapons, armoured personnel carriers (APCs) and artillery guns.

The Army has no answer to the Chinese QBZ-97 Type 97-2 5.8/5.56 mm anti-riot gun, the AK-74 modified QBZ-95 Type 95 automatic rifle, the M-16 NATO rifle modification Type 95B carbine.

The 9 mm Indian Army sub-machine gun (SMG) is considered inferior to the Chinese Type 5 sound-dampener 9 mm SMG, a modified version of the German Heckler & Koch MP 5 SMG. The original HK MP-5 is used by the Special Protection Group in India.

The Indian 5.56 mm INSAS is considered superior to the Chinese 7.62 mm (Type 85) assault rifles but the PLA QBZ-95 automatic rifle is better than the Indian 7.62 mm standard issue rifle.

Indians and Chinese are even when it comes to armour on display. The Arjun main battle tank is better than the Chinese third-generation ZTZ-99G MBT, a modification of the Russian T-72 battle tank. The Indian T-90 is superior to the Chinese ZTZ-96 A MBT in terms of firepower and accuracy. Even an Indian T-72 is a match.

India has no answer to China’s ZRD-05 tracked amphibious assault vehicles, ZBD-03 tracked AB paratroopers combat vehicle and WJ-03B wheeled armed vehicle used by the Snow Leopard Commando units.

China’s tracked APCs are superior to Indian APCs as they are copies of the Russian BMP-III — India still uses the Russian BMP-I with a 30 mm cannon and anti-tank guided missile.

On the artillery front, the Indian Army can’t match the PLZ-05 155-mm tracked self-propelled (SP) howitzer, PLZ-07 122-mm tracked SP howitzer, PLL-05 120-mm wheeled SP mortar and PTL-02 100-mm wheeled SP howitzer. Both countries use the same Russian 300-mm multiple launch rocket system.

New Delhi has no answer to the YJ-62 A shore-based anti-ship cruise missile with a range of over 300 km. But the Agni series of short range, medium range and intermediate range missiles are more than a match for the Chinese DF-11A SRBM, DF-15A SRBM, DF-21C MRBM.

Chinese fighters J-7, J-8 and J-10 are either equal to or a notch below the IAF MiG-21, MiG-27 and Mirages. The PLA’s J-11B fighter has an equal in the IAF SU-30. The Indian Jaguar deep penetration strike aircraft is more than a match for the Chinese JH-7A Flying Leopard. IAF refuellers and AWACS are far superior to the Chinese HY-6 refuellers and KJ-2000 early warning aircraft.

The two armies are evenly matched when it comes to anti-tank guided missiles and anti-aircraft guns. PLA’s Red Arrow missile is a notch below the NAG anti-tank missile; the Indian air defence gun ZSU-2S6M1 has an edge over the Chinese PGZ-04A gun.

India is still developing the Sagarika long-range missile as an answer to the Chinese DF-31A ICBM. Indian cruise missiles like Brahmos suffer from range limitations while the Chinese DH-10 land attack cruise missile can strike targets beyond 1,500 km. The YJ-83 anti-ship missile has a 500-km range.

Do we really need to compare India and China?
I mean,China has been independent before India,China,opened up its market in the late 1970's and India did it in the 1990's.

In that degree,China and India stand equal,keeping in mind that India got late independence and its market were consequently opened up late.

But yes,In present day scenario,India preceedes China,but certainly is comparable to China and lemme make a point here,the day when China and India will stand equal isn't that far away..

Its insane to go out there trying to match each weapon for weapon.

And is it really big news that India trails China, even a baby panda in China's Beijing zoo knows that.

Minimum deterrence (conventional or nuclear) does not mean trying to match each and everything that your adversary has.

I think India should develop massive armaments for the individual soldier that should include missiles and effective rpgs and ied to counter any threat of foreign armies invading. There should be analysis on what works and doesn;t work in the Middle east for example.

It seems that the author was personally involved in the development of KJ-2000 as he knows every single detail about it and that it is inferior to Phalcon. :lol:

What he doesn't know is that Israelis sold this technology years before they sold it to India.

You don't know that Phalcon was denied to China under US pressure. And don't say when denied Chinese came with a better AWACS than Israel.

Its true that we have or going to have better weapons than China but numerical advantage is heavily in favor of China. Again China can't move large number of weapons from it's coastal areas to Tibet to fight India. They have to think about US, Taiwan, Japan etc. But India have to move forward with army modernization very fast while IAF and IN going well. China also undergoing huge military build up.

may be it is a Pakistani website but pakistanis do not need to talk hare because it is a matter of big brothers
so..............................

In the great mass of information/disinformation that has been posted on this thread, let me add:
1. The IA uses the BMP-2 ICV (Sarath). The Saraths are an Indian modified/upgraded design being manufactured at Medak. The Sarath chassis is also the basis for many other vehicles among them the NAMICA. The BMP-1s have been shifted to reserve.
2. The export of the Phalcon and Green-Pine radars by Israel to China was embargoed/vetoed by USA, since they were involved in the design and development. As a matter of fact USA even obstructed the transfer of these to India for some time, then relented. The delivery of Phalcon AWACS to India was consequently delayed. So was the TOT of the Green-Pines/Swordfish to some extent.

Researchers, please note.

dear indian friends:

when required, our workers in Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Guangdong will build hundreds of Type-99G2 overnight. they will be delivered to the border in days.

Let's assume T-90 is on par with Type-99G2 (which is in fact just a joke), but can you get hundreds each night?

No, you can't. it is even a dream too big for your wet night sleep.

J10 vs Mig-27? Yes, Mig-27 wins if our J-10 doesn't carry any missile.

You don't know that Phalcon was denied to China under US pressure. And don't say when denied Chinese came with a better AWACS than Israel.

when denied, Chinese come up with a better AWACS than the Israeli one. more importantly, we build it, we can build as many as required during the war.

can your engineers independently maintain such gears?

I guess not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom