What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

@abindonboy......wat do u actually want to mean by the above quote....ur r damn confusing....."we know how good the Israelis are at tuning their birds so given they are already very experienced with the a/c the lack of CISMOA and LSA equipment on IAF C-130s may not be as stupid an action on behalf of MoD as first thought. Maybe MoD had/has something cooking with the Isralis all along?"
specially explain this part...!!![/QUOTE]

What I mean is maybe IAF were ok with not signing the agreements because they knew they could get better tech from Israel to replace missing equipment. I don't think I was being unclear.

Mig-29UPG-1.jpg

What do you think those additions are..?

^^^
Externally i don't think only a couple of changes are made....there should be an addition of in-flight refueling system...

I just hope these Mig29 doesn't take the place of Mig21 as flying coffin in the future....
MiG-29 is structurally flawed in that it has a tendency to develop cracks due to corrosion in the tail fin....some repair and preventive schemes are taken by IAF and i think its working because accidents are not being reported.....

Mig-29UPG-1.jpg

What do you think those additions are..?

Interesting, at first I thought it could be an retractable refuelling probe, but then I checked the Mig 29K:

mig29k-3.jpg

mig+29s.JPG

And that's obviously not the case, the other parts could be EWS sensors. Do you have more pics?

Interesting, at first I thought it could be an retractable refuelling probe, but then I checked the Mig 29K:

mig29k-3.jpg

mig+29s.JPG

And that's obviously not the case, the other parts could be EWS sensors. Do you have more pics?

Sadly no...This picture is also courtesy Russian Planes..
I think they can only be ECM stuff...Some sensors may be..However placement is interesting..Below the cockpit...

Sadly no...This picture is also courtesy Russian Planes..
I think they can only be ECM stuff...Some sensors may be..However placement is interesting..Below the cockpit...

Yes, would be a strange location and the I can't remember seeing them on the first pictures from the other side.

mig29k-3.jpg

mig+29s.JPG

No, you are wrong, it is a a2a refuelling probe. yes the "K" probe is different but that is because the "K" was designed from the ground up with this function in mind whaeras the UPG of A/B Mig29s have to have the probe fitted around other systems as it was not originally desinged for it so hence the probes look different:

MIG 29 UPG REFULLING:

15.jpg

SuperStock_4102-21409.jpg

Hey guys...this question might be asked earlier also but i still have to ask.....
Su30 mki will be equipped with Zukh AE or Ibris-E aesa ?? I heard LRDE was building Ibris-E with russian counterpart for fitting it onto Su30 mki but at most places it is said that Zukh AE will be fitted....My vote is on Ibris-E because from the features i have read about this radar, its close to AN/APG-77 with even higher range...

I also really wish if its Ibris-E AESA radar, But i read somewhere that power required by Ibris-E radar can not be full filled by current engines of SU-30 MKI. Moreover if its Zukh AE also then it will not be same as it was for Mig-35 as nose diameter is bigger for SU-30 MKI and it will be having more TR modules and hence range should be >= 200 - 225 Kms. But still Ibris -E is better than Zhuk- AE.

^^^
I heard Ibris has range of around 400 km....i mean i haven't heard any aesa with such a long range...

IL-76MD going through Paint Job..

BEFORE

030480.jpg

Undergoing Painting

036720.jpg

AFTER

041213.jpg

courtesy: BR and Russianplanes
Any more info about this process? How often do IAF planes go through this? Is it purely aesthetics or does it serve some practical purpose?

^^^
I heard Ibris has range of around 400 km....i mean i haven't heard any aesa with such a long range...

But against what sized target is the question? Its max range will be around 200 Kms against 1m2 sized targets.

Hey guys...this question might be asked earlier also but i still have to ask.....
Su30 mki will be equipped with Zukh AE or Ibris-E aesa ?? I heard LRDE was building Ibris-E with russian counterpart for fitting it onto Su30 mki but at most places it is said that Zukh AE will be fitted....My vote is on Ibris-E because from the features i have read about this radar, its close to AN/APG-77 with even higher range...

The Irbis-E of the Su 35BM is not an AESA radar but a PESA, it is a further developed version of the BARS that the MKI already has. The radars on offer for the upgrade are Zhuk AE like you mentioned, but also an AESA upgrade of the BARS. By logic, the upgrade of BARS seems the best choice, because we already have nearly a decade experience with that radar and an upgrade could be more cost-effective. On the other side it is clear, that sooner or later the IN Mig 29K / KUBs will get Zhuk AE as well, that means getting a single radar for both forces would give logistical advantages too.
Another point could be important is, that Bars and Irbis-E were developed by Tikhomirov NIIP, just like the radars for Pak Fa / FGFA, which means they are highly capable and the future comitment of Russia is clear as well. Zhuk AE on the other side is developed by NIIR Phazotron and although they should be very capable as well, we heared about finacial problems during the upgrade negotioations of Mig 29SMT and possible delays in the Zhuk ME radar production. Russia will not buy more Mig 29s, except those Mig 29Ks as a stop gap till their new carriers with naval Pak Fa's will be ready. But India is already the biggest customer of Mig 29s with Zhuk ME radars, so the future potential might be dependent on our fundings and we all know that this a perfect situation for delays and later cost rises.
Both companies will offer a radar to IAF and only they can compare the capabilities of them and their developing companies, so lets wait and see what they decide.

The Irbis-E of the Su 35BM is not an AESA radar but a PESA,
I read at some places that an aesa version is also being developed with the help of LRDE specifically for Su30....now there were also reports that India was developing aesa with Russia, so i think this might be it....?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom