What's new

Indian cuisine vs Pakistani cuisine

Pakistani cusine wont be very different from Indian muslim's cuisine. Cooking style and dishes dont change much in 60 years. I ate at an Indian muslim friend's house some years ago, they served chicken biyrani, koftas and naans etc. And I tell you it was just the same as my mother cooks. Even the way they prepared salad and how they prefered to sit on the floor to eat rather than the dining table.

Now the Indian Hindu style of cooking is somewhat different. I ate at a number of Indian restaurants here but I dont think they do real justice to Indian food as most desi restaurants here are just "awein"

DSC07614.JPG

Mutton Shwarma,Andhra/Hyderabad Biryani,Kerala Beef Fry with coconut ,Mutton Stew with Appam Nasrani Style..:cheesy:
and Karimeen/Neymeen fry.
veg: Pao Bhaji..a bombay street food which is available all over India now,Masala Dosa Udupi style.

:0

Not to offend but the udupi masala dosa is possibly the worst one in the world,it is a pity that almost all restaurants are of udupimtypes.

check this out,the real one

DSC_1045+copy+copy.jpg

Neer Dosa with Chicken curry (Mangalore style)
3238460037_4d8636849a.jpg

Fish Molly with rice. Had it at the wedding reception of a Mallu colleague last month. Awesome
P1110636_thumb1.jpg

Shahi Paneer. If prepared with the right amount of spices.
ShahiPaneer.jpg

Kori Roti. Rice papads soaked in chicken curry. Another of my Mangalorean favourites.
KoriRottiCurry.JPG

Not to offend but the udupi masala dosa is possibly the worst one in the world,it is a pity that almost all restaurants are of udupimtypes.

DSC_1045+copy+copy.jpg
I am aware of the difference. the Authentic Udupi-Tulunadu region Vegetarian food cannot be replicated by the best of "aryaas or sravane bhavan" chains. the taste of dosas in tamil rest. chains and udupi ones are different. we, kerala people are more aligned to the Udupi taste generally :) ..don't despair! I liked chicken chettinad of tn .. :d

Udupi cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mitra Samaj:
Mitra Samaja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neer Dosa with Chicken curry (Mangalore style)
3238460037_4d8636849a.jpg

Fish Molly with rice. Had it at the wedding reception of a Mallu colleague last month. Awesome
P1110636_thumb1.jpg

Shahi Paneer. If prepared with the right amount of spices.
ShahiPaneer.jpg

Kori Roti. Rice papads soaked in chicken curry. Another of my Mangalorean favourites.
KoriRottiCurry.JPG

Why did I look here. Now I'm hungry but all I have to eat is horrible dorm food. :(

what is it ?

please explain. I always wanted to create this thread but I am beaten on that. being mindful of my Vegitarian neighbours I was being careful. I have tasted and seen some Indian (meat free) food and it beats our food hands down.
I think in the end it will be our music and food that will bring us together and make us more acceptible to each other.

I will also share some of our traditional dishes that are not (maas/ meat heavy) (well that rules out our Sugi)

images

essentially any marinated meat stuck on sticks near bonefire or coals and slow cooked with fire in the middle and the food is stood upright. sorry there i break my code already

thanks all for positive contributions

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

shhh

food talk only please no spolier posts

I want to share everyone's favourite Pakora types and then I will tell you mine and beat you all

The picture that i posted was of the huge tava over which all the delicacies at tundey kababi are prepared.

Apart from the famous Tundey Kababs, this shop is famous for its unique chicken masala, butter chicken, mutton nahari and chilled kheer. They taste out of this world, You put those delicacies in your mouth and it melts. This is the reason why delicacies from this shop are served to many head of states and many foreign representatives and also they do special catering for celebrity parties. All the recipes are closely guarded secret. Only the main owner knows it and he himself put in the blend of spices.

images

I once ate chicken dish during Onam Festival. The dish was having sweet white creamy gravy and it had a great taste when I ate that with lachchha paratha. Do anyone know Which Kerala dish is that.

I once ate chicken dish during Onam Festival. The dish was having sweet white creamy gravy and it had a great taste when I ate that with lachchha paratha. Do anyone know Which Kerala dish is that.

Probably chicken stew.

DSC_1045+copy+copy.jpg

Dude you are mistaken. Th pic you showed is of Ragi (millet flour) dosa.

However of MASALA DOSA is same every where. Here it is.
Masala-Dosa.jpg

masala-dosa.jpg

I am aware of the difference. the Authentic Udupi-Tulunadu region Vegetarian food cannot be replicated by the best of "aryaas or sravane bhavan" chains. the taste of dosas in tamil rest. chains and udupi ones are different. we, kerala people are more aligned to the Udupi taste generally :) ..don't despair! I liked chicken chettinad of tn .. :d

Udupi cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mitra Samaj:
Mitra Samaja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dude,i am from travancore,my mom raised in trivandrum and eat coconut filled food all the time, and the dosas i am talking about are home coooked dosai and gun powder.Udupi sweet stuff can kiss my ***.

Back
Top Bottom