What's new

Indian Navy New killer Machine P8i

Only pictures? guys think of members like me who are not military experts like you....at least provide us with some basic info about the aircraft and dont tell me to go and google.....all i can salvage from this thread is this is some kinda reconnaissance aircraft and even US navy doesnt have it :undecided:.

Only pictures? guys think of members like me who are not military experts like you....at least provide us with some basic info about the aircraft and dont tell me to go and google.....all i can salvage from this thread is this is some kinda reconnaissance aircraft and even US navy doesnt have it :undecided:.

here you go
Boeing: P-8I Poseidon Home

IndiaMSF09-0001-1.jpg

The P-8I is a long-range anti-
submarine warfare, anti-surface
warfare, intelligence, surveillance
and reconnaissance aircraft
capable of broad-area, maritime
and littoral operations. The P-8I
is a variant of the P-8A Poseidon
that Boeing is developing for the
U.S. Navy.
This military derivative of the
Next-Generation 737-800
combines superior performance
and reliability with an advanced
mission system that ensures
maximum interoperability in the
future battle space.
Customer:
The Indian navy is the first
international customer for the
P-8. Boeing signed a contract
Jan. 1, 2009, to deliver eight
long-range maritime
reconnaissance and anti-
submarine warfare aircraft to the
Indian navy. Boeing will deliver
the first P-8I within 48 months of
contract signing, and the
remaining seven by 2015.
India's immediate need is for
eight aircraft, but Boeing believes
there is long-term potential for
additional aircraft sales.
General
Characteristics:
Propulsion:
Two CFM56-7 engines providing
27,300 pounds thrust each
Length:
39.47 meters
Wing Span:
37.64 meters
Height:
12.83 meters
Maximum Takeoff Gross
Weight:
85,139 kilograms
Speed:
490 knots (789 km/h)
Range:
1,200+ nautical miles, with 4
hours on station (2,222
kilometers)
Ceiling:
12,496 meters
Crew:
Boeing will build the P-8I at its
production facility in Renton,
Wash. The 737 fuselage will be
built by Spirit AeroSystems in
Wichita, Kan., and then sent to
Renton where all aircraft
structural features unique to the
P-8 will be incorporated in
sequence during fabrication and
assembly. Aircraft quality and
performance acceptance flight
testing will be conducted from
Boeing Field in Seattle.
Background:
Boeing was awarded a $3.89
billion contract for the system
development and demonstration
(SDD) phase of the P-8A
Poseidon for the U.S. Navy on
June 14, 2004. SDD activities
include developing and
integrating all the necessary
software and onboard mission
systems and developing training
systems.
The P-8I is the first international The P-8I is the first international
model of the P-8A.
Miscellaneous:
Boeing and its industry partners
provide unrivaled expertise in
both large-scale systems
integration and network centric
operations, plus unquestioned
leadership in developing and
customizing military and
commercial products for
maritime forces. Boeing leads an
industry team that consists of
CFM International, Northrop
Grumman, Raytheon, GE Aviation
and Spirit AeroSystems. In
addition, Boeing anticipates
substantial industrial participation
on the aircraft from Indian
industry.
For more information, read the
P-8I overview (pdf).

It sounds funny and ironic when you make such claims while more than 70% of your strike elements are on your western border specifically for Pakistan. Is it really so difficult to digest the reality ?

Where do you expect to place our armed forces then- Andaman Nicobar Islands.

Like Pakistan India also places our armed forces according to threat perception. Throughout our entire history, India was invaded from the West so majority of our forces are concentrated on our western border. As far as China's threat is concerned we have a natural barrier in Himalayas and its not a tank country. If China attacks, our forces there eventhough few in number can hold out until our forces fully mobilize. On the other hand our western border is open and flat and ideal for quick armoured incursions.

Can anyone answer my question.whats the diet version?
Here you go.

Boeing to pitch ‘diet’ P-8 to Indian Navy

737-800_P-8_Poseidon.jpg

US defense major Boeing will be pitching a ‘diet’ version of the P-8 Poseidon aircraft in response to the Request for Information (RFI) issued by the Indian Navy for Medium Range Maritime Reconnaissance (MRMR) Aircraft, due by the end of the year, next week.

Boeing has already begun work on the first of eight P-8I Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance aircraft to be supplied to the Indian Navy, in a deal concluded in the beginning of 2009 at a cost of US $ 2.1 billion.

Company sources told StratPost that even though the derivative proposed for the MRMR RFI will look the same as the P-8I and be based on the 737 platform, it will have smaller tanks and a shorter range and will only have surface warfare capability. The P-8I is capable of both surface as well as sub-surface warfare.

The RFI also asks vendors if the aircraft can carry out electronic intelligence gathering and counter-measures, besides maritime patrol and search and rescue within an operational envelope of 350 nautical miles or almost 650 kilometers, as well as a patrol endurance of at least three and a half hours. It also specifies a requirement that the aircraft be capable of carrying at least two anti-ship missiles and a jamming pod.

As with the P-8I, the navy has specified in the RFI that certain pieces of equipment must be indigenous, like, IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) Interrogator with Secure Mode, MSS Terminal – BFE, Datalink and Speech Secrecy Equipment and vendors must indicate their commitment to integrate this equipment into the aircraft.

Boeing to pitch 'diet' P-8 to Indian Navy | StratPost

I see India is spending a lot to attain air and recce superiority over Pakistan.

Here we go! :devil:

What more we need to attain superiority over Pakistan? What we have got earlier are yet to be get by Pakistan in next seven years.

36504986.jpg

All the communication systems are Indian. Thats a good sign.

96435606.jpg

All these are for future upgrades. These systems will make P-8I a complete multi role config.

8 confirm order and 4 option
As sancho mentioned 12 ordered and 6 more option.

Hmmmm what is fingerprinting system ? that would be made by BEL

I don't have a direct answer, but maybe this helps:

Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL) will showcase homegrown Network Centric Warfare (NCW) technologies during the upcoming Aero India 2011, to be held Feb. 9-13 at the Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru...
...The airborne products on display will include a radar fingerprinting system; a tactical datalink; digital flight control computer; and identification-friend-or-foe systems...

null

And now read this:

...DLRL has also developed the prototype of a unique Radar Fingerprinting System (RFS) with the capability to distinguish two radars operating in the same frequency. The prototype has pleased the concerned user agencies, which have described it as being superior to a similar Israeli system.

The RFS helps in distinguishing radar based on its signature and enables better electronic planning in modern warfare scenarios. Basically an add-on to the overall EW system, each unit is expected to cost Rs3 crore...

domain-b.com : DLRL to develop next-generation electronic warfare equipment

So besides the communication and data link systems, BEL also provides systems to distinguish friend or foe and (as it seems) different radars.

bro does this makes sense now whatever you are saying!?

Think logically and it is all about the NUMBERS GAME!

Around 80% of Indian armed forces (all of their armed divisions, most advanced fighter jets forward operating bases, mechanized infantry etc etc) are all oriented towards Pakistani border and are all situated at Pakistani border!

So how the heck are Indian armed forces NOT situated towards Pakistan or not Pakistan orientated! It is all about NUMBERS man, and if u study the number and percentages of deployment, then YES INDIA IS PAKISTAN SPECIFIC!

YES Now having said this. all 6 of these P8is will not be situated against Pakistan as India has a MASSIVE shoreline to protect, so most of these 10 P-8is will be used against China and are China specific!

Sorry, Pakistan defence is India specific. Indian defence is not specific to Pakistan.

Stop assuming we are targeting Pakistan.

:)

bro does this makes sense now whatever you are saying!?

Think logically and it is all about the NUMBERS GAME!

Around 80% of Indian armed forces (all of their armored divisions, most advanced fighter jets forward operating bases, mechanized infantry etc etc) are all oriented towards Pakistani border and are all situated at Pakistani border!

So how the heck are Indian armed forces NOT situated towards Pakistan or not Pakistan orientated! It is all about NUMBERS man, and if u study the number and percentages of deployment, then YES INDIA IS PAKISTAN SPECIFIC!

YES Now having said this. all 6 of these P8is will not be situated against Pakistan as India has a MASSIVE shoreline to protect, so most of these 10 P-8is will be used against China and are China specific!

Back
Top Bottom