What's new

Indian Navy New killer Machine P8i

this is superior machine, compare to Pakistans P3C orion, (If pakistan still have P3C Orion)

Really?

P-3C Orion - Maritime Patrol and Anti-Submarine Warfare - Naval Technology
P-8A Poseidon Multimission Maritime Aircraft (MMA) - Naval Technology

Is the Poseidon's gyro-stabilised MX-20HD digital electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) multi-spectral sensor turret with up to seven sensors including infrared, CCDTV, image intensifier, laser rangefinder and laser illuminator. inherently better than e.g the FLIR Systems Star SAFIRE II thermal imager adopted by the Royal Australian Air Force on its Orions

The P8 aircraft is equipped with the upgraded APS-137D(V)5 maritime surveillance radar and signal intelligence SIGINT system developed by Raytheon. But then, Update IV programme improvements to the Orion also iinclude Raytheon's AN/APS-137(V) multi-mission surveillance radar. So both have this AN/APY-10 which provides Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) mode ...

You need to compared the offer of the refurbed P-3c to India with the P8i
"We are offering the Navy, the choice of sensors and equipment to be placed onboard and the configuration it wants either for long-range maritime reconnaissance or anti- submarine mode",
American Lockheed-Martin offers refurbished P3C Orions to Indian Navy | India Defence
there would be no compromise on the reconnaissance capacibility of the planes.
India considering purchase of Orion P-3 aircraft - Express India

No doubt Pakistan has had the same equipment options available for its P-3C. Why would Raytheon product X in a Pakistani Lockheed P-3C be performing any different from same equipment in Boeing P-8i?

97722339.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Check out the Indian Map in the image........................;)

The diet version is a different deal right?or the same?

I believe that "diet" version is when compare with the US version of this plane. Boeing water down the capability of this plane for export. As a result, people call this the "diet" version as its not as capable as the US version. In any case, India is the only country currently getting the water down version. I believe most export version would be the water down version. But even the water down version is better than any alternatives out there.

These planes will alter the dynamics of Pakistani Ocean's waters

These 10 planes and of course the recent induction of the 10 transport planes

Raises Indian Navy's capacity by almost 20-30% or even 40% knowing how much fire power is packed in these planes

Not really India has huge area to cover compare to pakistan so they need 10 or even more surveillance plane . pakistan having 7 P-3 orion with upgrade is enough to secure its maritime border

I believe that "diet" version is when compare with the US version of this plane. Boeing water down the capability of this plane for export. As a result, people call this the "diet" version as its not as capable as the US version.......

by the way you wrong here. P-8 diet is different offering for Midium Range Meritime Radar (MRMR).
These servilance platform will be acting as 24*7 watch dog and support full version P-8i in senitizing sea servilance.
Boeing to pitch
US defense major Boeing will be
pitching a‘diet’ version of the
P-8 Poseidon aircraft in response
to the Request for Information
(RFI) issued by the Indian Navy
for Medium Range Maritime
Reconnaissance (MRMR) Aircraft,
due by the end of the year

Not really India has huge area to cover compare to pakistan so they need 10 or even more surveillance plane . pakistan having 7 P-3 orion with upgrade is enough to secure its maritime border

Who told you that ? Little Knowledge is very dangerous. Pakistan is already covered long back.

This addition is for Bangladesh. Pull your Shocks :rofl:

I guess this will be mainly used against anti-china operations

well they have no geographical limits, so it should still be approached with caution.

it is indeed a formidable aircraft which is in the hands of enemy

This aircraft has big advantage - It can move anywhere any-time quickly with full capability.

Here's an interesting video....

Way to go! :yahoo:

Cheers!

Its really nice to see such kind of video made by/For Indians.. Hope similar kind of Video shall be made for Tejas, Arjuna and other system

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds funny and ironic when you make such claims while more than 70% of your strike elements are on your western border specifically for Pakistan. Is it really so difficult to digest the reality ?

The deployment is not a state cast in stone. In the summer months, Pak sends their agents and militants across the border and forces are deployed to do the needful. Also China border is peaceful and the issues are resolved over a table and not on th border. With Pakistan where anything can be tried by them from time to time, operational preparedness is the key.

Please stop embarrasing yourself by comparing deployment to orientaion. And to the other newbie who wrote in bold that Indian defence is Pakistan specific, try to think why the MMRCA aircrafts in large numbers and Su30 MKIs + a few mountain division are in the north east.

These planes will alter the dynamics of Pakistani Ocean's waters

These 10 planes and of course the recent induction of the 10 transport planes

Raises Indian Navy's capacity by almost 20-30% or even 40% knowing how much fire power is packed in these planes

Indian coasts are bigger than Pakistani coasts. We need more surveillance system.. P8i is surveillance system with limited fire Power. There is nothing for Pakistan to Panic, Pakistan can secure there coasts by only couple of such surveillance systems..

These machines are bought to replace old system, so its not against Pakistan or China.. Its nothing something new we are buying, We already had birds for this role...

The P8 aircraft is equipped with the upgraded APS-137D(V)5 maritime surveillance radar and signal intelligence SIGINT system developed by Raytheon. But then, Update IV programme improvements to the Orion also iinclude Raytheon's AN/APS-137(V) multi-mission surveillance radar. So both have this AN/APY-10 which provides Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) mode ...

No doubt Pakistan has had the same equipment options available for its P-3C. Why would Raytheon product X in a Pakistani Lockheed P-3C be performing any different from same equipment in Boeing P-8i?

I have highlighted the difference.. Now read from jane

Description
Originally developed for installation aboard the US Navy's (USN) P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol and surveillance aircraft, the AN/APY-10 maritime and overland surveillance radar comprises antenna control electronics, radar data centre, transmitter, receiver/exciter/processor and antenna Weapon Replaceable Assemblies (WRA) and is an outgrowth of Raytheon's AN/APS-137 product line. Here, it is thought to have been originally designated as the AN/APS-137D(V)5 and differs from preceding AN/APS-137 type configurations by virtue of its reduced size, weight and power requirement; increased Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) value; additional target track and colour weather avoidance capabilities and an integral growth path for future technology inserts. Within the P-8A weapon system, AN/APY-10 is fully integrated with the aircraft's Mission Control and Display System (MCDS) in terms of system control, display and data distribution. Again, AN/APY-10 is optimised for maritime, littoral and overland surveillance and at the time of its introduction was billed as being the only system of its type to provide 'ultra-high resolution' imaging modes for both maritime and overland operations. Identified system operating modes are as follows:colour weatherInverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR)navigationperiscope detectionSynthetic Aperture Radar (SAR).Of these, AN/APY-10's colour weather mode offers weather detection and avoidance, while its ISAR mode is optimised for real-time imaging and classification of surface targets at long- and stand-off ranges and offers multiple resolutions, range versus Doppler imaging of designated targets and an A-scan range versus profile display. The sensor's navigation mode provides coastline, terrain and ocean feature mapping, while its periscope detection mode is optimised for the detection

http://articles..com/articles/-Electronic-Mission-Aircraft/AN-APY-10-United-States.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom