What's new

Indian Wipro is going to buy an american company

Why hold a gun when you can pay the CEO 25% percent of the outsourcing revenue in the Swiss accounts or with other ways? Or through another partner Indian company, get him a few mansions in the US, or a multimillion dollar boat? Or free air travel to the countries he wants to take his family to for the next five years, with the most expensive free gifts, cars, hotels, and everything you can want??
You need to understand, I am not writing this because it is hearsay. I was part of that elite club that used to get those offers from Indian businessmen. So, I have first hand experience with this.

So exactly who is to blame again? The US CEO or the Indians, Chinese, Indonesians, Bangladeshi's supposedly giving the bribe?
Your logic in trying to blame only India is so clumsy it stumbles all over itself.

Don't see any Americans here complaining except some Pakistani's and Bangladeshi's.

It is American who traced out 27% H1B cases are fraud. And it really does not matter who is stating the fact. Besides, how do you know someone arguing is not American?

It is American who traced out 27% H1B cases are fraud. And it really does not matter who is stating the fact. Besides, how do you know someone arguing is not American?

Because I don't see any Americans arguing here except Pakistani's and you a Bangladeshi.

For people talking about capitalism, the point is true. However, the nonsense about "highly skilled' Indians and 'Indian companies creating American jobs' is a load of bull. The numbers in a recent NASSCOM press release were dissected in another thread to show how the supposed American jobs created were crap.

Here's the basic scenario:

- American Client (AC) needs some work done. They solicit, and get, bids from American Vendor (AV) and Indian Vendor (IV). The IV typically underbids by a substantial amount and gets the contract, since the AC follows capitalism and goes for the lowest bidder.

- Now the IV has two choices: they can get the work done in India, or in the US. The first option is cheaper, but has additional complications. The onshore option is relatively more expensive but affords more flexibility. So how did IV manage to underbid AV when they are both doing the work onshore? It's because the IV will hire almost all H1-B imported workers from India. Those jobs are lost to American workers, but the IV will claim to have 'created' jobs in America, even though the workers are almost all imported from India.

Now people will say that there are labor laws regulating salaries and such, so IV can't really undercut AV by much. To those comments, we can only shake our head sardonically: people can be so naive!

Beating labor laws is the easiest trick in the book. What you pay someone, and what you show on the books, need not be the same. As long as the taxes add up, the government knows jack. The H1-B Indians won't complain because, in exchange for these sacrifices, they get an American visa and onshore American experience, both of which they can leverage to transition to a proper American company. At that point, no one will give damn about their fake degree and fake past experience: the only thing prospective American employers will care about is recent relevant onshore experience.

End result: American jobs lost, Indian workers imported to take those jobs, and all the while Indian companies claim they created jobs in America.

What you miss out is the fact that these H1 visa people end up paying taxes in the US. Even assuming that and whatever money they spend back in the US is negligible, compare this to the actual outsourcing i.e manufacturing. The manufacturing that is outsourced to China, Bangladesh, Vietnam etc. They hold a much bigger piece of the pie and end up contributing nothing back.
All this hoopla about Business service outsourcing is an eyewash. It doesnot have as big an impact as manufacturing that the US lost.

Still the report doesn't single out Indians any way neither this means that 27% of H1 B Indians carry fake degrees nor it justify ur comment on H1 B Indians...

I agree that there might be some bad apples here n there but that doesn't give u the right to generalise the statement...:agree:

Roughly half of the H1B visa issued comes from india but indian percentage of fraud definitely the majority of these 27%.

Infosys Briefed B-1 Visa Holders on How to Deceive U.S. Immigration Officials | Blogs | ITBusinessEdge.com

http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/h1b-visa-fraud-documents-hyderabad/

Btw Bangladesh does not have that many H1B holders.

@ all the Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and the Pakistani hiding behind the US flags talking $hit about status of Indians in US:

income.gif

:rofl: :rofl:

haters-freddie-mercury.gif

Roughly half of the H1B visa issued comes from india but indian percentage of fraud definitely the majority of these 27%.

Infosys Briefed B-1 Visa Holders on How to Deceive U.S. Immigration Officials | Blogs | ITBusinessEdge.com

Vast Majority of H1B Visa Fraud Documents Comes from Hyderabad

Btw Bangladesh does not have that many H1B holders.

I don't wanna make it another India vs BD contest thread already this 1.5 year old thread has been trolled a lot n has gone way too much off topic...

Plz don't add to the misery n congrts to u for making sure that BD doesn't get much H1 B visa...:tup:

@ all the Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and the Pakistani hiding behind the US flags talking $hit about status of Indians in US:

Its not about who makes how much but fraud with H1B visa. Besides, when people commit fraud they tends to make more money.

Its not about who makes how much but fraud with H1B visa. Besides, when people commit fraud they tends to make more money.

I was talking to the Aurangzeb ( @orangzaib ) guy hiding behind US flags, talking about cheap Indian labour. Hardly lookslike cheap Indian labour in the charts there.

If they are commiting fraud, they are not represented by the data of the US Govt. This chart is of all the legal people in United States. If illegal people were counted, then Indians would as you suggested of course be even better off...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking to the Aurangzeb ( @orangzaib ) guy hiding behind US flags, talking about cheap Indian labour. Hardly lookslike cheap Indian labour in the charts there.

Cheap compare to what Americans get paid. Besides, data has to be H1B centric not broad population.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap compare to what Americans get paid. Besides, data has to be H1B centric not broad population.

I dont care about H1b, I am talking about the general Indian Population in US. I never mentioned H1B once in my post, you are the only one who keeps bringing H1B when I could not give any fcuks about it.

Anyways this is an old article and its about time we put it to sleep. I am out.

Let's try not to derail the topic.

Besides, most H1B1 visa applicants have to prove that they have a speciality that no one in the US has. This is also the primary reason their salaries are lower than their US counter parts.They are so few in number, that they are already employed and command much higher salaries.
India has a much larger talent base and tends to fill it up cheaper.
This is where the fraud issue comes in too admittedly. Some clients want Indian programmers and hence show them as a speciality not available in the US. This cannot be initiated by the Indian company. Only the US company employing the candidate's services can do it!

Besides, most H1B1 visa applicants have to prove that they have a speciality that no one in the US has.

And that is where many if not most frauds are committed.

India creates more jobs for the US than the other way around. You should be thanking your high school teacher who managed to pass you to the next grade without checking your grades

Is this a joke?

And that is where many if not most frauds are committed.

Thats what I said in my post as well. Let me repost the main part.
This is where the fraud issue comes in too admittedly. Some clients want Indian programmers and hence show them as a speciality not available in the US. This cannot be initiated by the Indian company. Only the US company employing the candidate's services can do it!

Back
Top Bottom