What's new

Indians Warn Of Invasion

You should see these guys on their 'fast unto death'. For the record, none of them has actually died of these fasts.

Screen-shot-2011-08-13-at-11.06.35-PM.jpg

Several Indian groups are threatening to invade the Kachchateevu island and hoist the Indian national flag.
The main opposition political party in India, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said it is making preparations to go by force to Kachchateevu off the Jaffna peninsula, which belongs to Sri Lanka.

President of the Tamil Nadu branch of the BJP, Ila Gansesan, told The Sunday Leader that several BJP supporters had made an attempt to go to Kachchateevu last weekend.

“We tried to go to Kachchateevu from Rameshwaram to hold a function but that attempt failed. We will now attempt to go and raise the Indian flag on the island. We have not set a date for that attempt as yet,” Ila Gansesan said.

He also said that several other groups in Tamil Nadu are expected to make a similar attempt tomorrow (Monday).
“Those groups that are trying to go on Monday are not connected to us. We will try to go separately,” Ila Gansesan said.

The Sri Lankan Navy has warned that it will take measures to prevent anyone from entering Sri Lanka’s territorial waters illegally.
“We take the responsibility of Sri Lanka’s territorial waters. If anyone attempts to cross the maritime boundary we will block them,” Navy spokesman Commander Kosala Warnakulasuriya said.

Kachchateevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974 but several Indian political groups have been demanding that the island be given back to India.

In June this year the Tamil Nadu government led by J. Jayalalithaa filed a petition in the Indian Supreme Court seeking the declaration of the 1974 agreement between India and Sri Lanka on ceding Katchatheevu to Sri Lanka as unconstitutional. The case is still being heard.

Indians Warn Of Invasion | The Sunday Leader

SOUNDS LIKE EMPTY THREATS BY INDIAN POLITICOS. IN HINDI / URDU WE SAY " JO GARECTHTAY HAIN WO BARASTEY NAHI"

Certainly SL Government and Navy must be concerned by this aggression by Indian state actors threatening to capture one of SL Islands. Wonder what will happen if Indian state actors go forward with their threats, surely SL Navy will have to respond.

if we look at the map we can clearly see the island falls in Sri Lankan waters...thats why india accepted their claim many years ago....thats why i say some sort of Naval port built by China and Pakistan can surely benefit all of us

Sir you could be a tarzan in your village or town but rest of the world dosent really cares...international laws are bound to be followed...Sri Lankans claimed that island and your Govt accepted that claim few years ago...now you come up crying that it belongs to you....where were you then?
This island is Sri Lanka and it has nothing to do with your Tamil nadu or Kerala whatever....Dont under estimate Sri Lankans and they have friends in the region too.

i agree Sri Lankans might not be interested in Huge warships and destroyers at this point in time but they can definitely afford long-range modified anti-ship harpoon missiles:lol:

yeah i know they have friends in this region. with full support of their friends it took 30 years for the strong Lankan army with the support of their super power friends to wipe very less tamil militants. Dont forget that citizen of super power.

if we look at the map we can clearly see the island falls in Sri Lankan waters...thats why india accepted their claim many years ago....thats why i say some sort of Naval port built by China and Pakistan can surely benefit all of us

the indian army is not launching invasion under the command from the government,india doesnt want the island,if some politicians and farmers want to go there they can go and face the consequences
actually it is not even an invasion just hyped news

If China and Pakistan build naval port here why cant India ??

Are you here to make comedy??? Pakistan is asking china to build a naval port in gadwar, you are talking about a naval port in that island by pakistan.

Already Sri Lanka Navy had increased its presence near Sri Lanka India LOC, Sri Lanka Air force also deployed helicopters there, Let's see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom