What's new

India's Mars mission sparks another UK aid row

You all britons need to wake up from your dreams this is 2012 and not 1800-1900's era. Yes this is the fact that you ruled over us,colonized us made slavery of our country, created all chaos and difference between different communities and religion and killed so many innocent civilians.
You plundered,looted,raped,killed,converted us. You people can never be trusted history tells that how people backstab us
We indians were and still considered as most soft and warm people around world for our welcoming gesture of our guests. You enjoyed all privileges while ruling over our country but that was the thing of past.
And in return what you gave?? You divided our country created so much enemity between two religions that two countries are always involved in bloodshed killing each other civilians. Pouring millions of money for buying weapons to kill each other where a avg countrymen die for basic rights flood,clothing and shelter. This is all due to you english people. On topic... ..
And for all this thing if your country made to pay for centuries it would be too less.
But anyway since our independence we have come a long way be it science,medical,technology,space,education. we will keep doing this. We have left many countries behind. And we will leave behind you too.
Just keep crying for your inability to keep up pace with us and stop hiding your egoish tears behind this stupid propaganda. And keep all those aids for you and your european union as they need this aid more than us.
We as a nation have grown up a lot and now we are more matured militarily,economically,socially,culturaly,politically and i request your country to keep up pace with us else you will left behind in race and then the day dont seem far when you will be asking for aid from india..

You all britons need to wake up from your dreams this is 2012 and not 1800-1900's era. Yes this is the fact that you ruled over us,colonized us made slavery of our country, created all chaos and difference between different communities and religion and killed so many innocent civilians.
You plundered,looted,raped,killed,converted us. You people can never be trusted history tells that how people backstab us
We indians were and still considered as most soft and warm people around world for our welcoming gesture of our guests. You enjoyed all privileges while ruling over our country but that was the thing of past.
And in return what you gave?? You divided our country created so much enemity between two religions that two countries are always involved in bloodshed killing each other civilians. Pouring millions of money for buying weapons to kill each other where a avg countrymen die for basic rights flood,clothing and shelter. This is all due to you english people. On topic... ..
And for all this thing if your country made to pay for centuries it would be too less.
But anyway since our independence we have come a long way be it science,medical,technology,space,education. we will keep doing this. We have left many countries behind. And we will leave behind you too.
Just keep crying for your inability to keep up pace with us and stop hiding your egoish tears behind this stupid propaganda. And keep all those aids for you and your european union as they need this aid more than us.
We as a nation have grown up a lot and now we are more matured militarily,economically,socially,culturaly,politically and i request your country to keep up pace with us else you will left behind in race and then the day dont seem far when you will be asking for aid from india..
You will never leave us behind...as any advance you make only builds on our scaffold. You cannot copy yourself ahead...ask the Chinese...

IMO ISRO has lost its focus.Why a mission to Mars?Wasn't the ISRO created with an earth centric mandate?I guess this is nothing but a prestige mission.

IMO ISRO has lost its focus.Why a mission to Mars?Wasn't the ISRO created with an earth centric mandate?I guess this is nothing but a prestige mission.

that's really not a prestige issue mate, if it had to do anything with prestige than ISRO would had focused on launching Chandrayaan-2 earlier than a mars mission. I think we are not able to see here what the ISRO scientists are able to see. There may be some real benefits associated with a mars mission, only than ISRO would had insisted on it (do u think GOI had given the money if it was just about prestige). Just remember when Chandrayaan-1 was going to be launched, there were similar talks but than we had one of the most successful moon mission in the history of mankind (as it found water & Helium on moon) even NASA acknowledged that feat. So i think we should trust our scientists at ISRO they must have given a serious thought to it. Besides Rs. 450 crore is nothing for $1.8 trillion economy.

I'm sorry...didn't realise the west got knowledge of harnessing electricity from India...what were your first electric devices....and what western copy came from them?

Well, you could start off by ceasing to utilize the Indian mathematical system. Stick to Roman numerals - and please type the distance between the Earth and the Moon in Roman numerals and show me.

that's really not a prestige issue mate, if it had to do anything with prestige than ISRO would had focused on launching Chandrayaan-2 earlier than a mars mission. I think we are not able to see here what the ISRO scientists are able to see. There may be some real benefits associated with a mars mission, only than ISRO would had insisted on it (do u think GOI had given the money if it was just about prestige). Just remember when Chandrayaan-1 was going to be launched, there were similar talks but than we had one of the most successful moon mission in the history of mankind (as it found water & Helium on moon) even NASA acknowledged that feat. So i think we should trust our scientists at ISRO they must have given a serious thought to it. Besides Rs. 450 crore is nothing for $1.8 trillion economy.

To be completely honest I don't think the Chandrayaan mission was very successful.It was a big step for India but remember that the spacecraft gave out after just 11 months when it was supposed to be there for around 2 years.Further, water was discovered on Moon by a NASA payload on the orbiter.Its basically an American instrument that confirmed the presence of water on Moon.Lot of spacecrafts have already been sent to Mars and there is probably very little that this mission would learn.IMHO both this mission and the planned manned mission are prestige projects.India and ISRO would be much better off if we focus on earth centric projects which would actually help the nation.

To be completely honest I don't think the Chandrayaan mission was very successful.It was a big step for India but remember that the spacecraft gave out after just 11 months when it was supposed to be there for around 2 years.Further, water was discovered on Moon by a NASA payload on the orbiter.Its basically an American instrument that confirmed the presence of water on Moon.Lot of spacecrafts have already been sent to Mars and there is probably very little that this mission would learn.IMHO both this mission and the planned manned mission are prestige projects.India and ISRO would be much better off if we focus on earth centric projects which would actually help the nation.
Actually it completed 95% of its mission objectives.....

All Indians should be grateful to the British for united India. If the British lost the 7 year war, than India would be partitioned like Africa by different European powers. The French, who were awful colonialists, would cause portions of India to look like... Vietnam. So be grateful for the complete British conquest.

All Indians should be grateful to the British for united India. If the British lost the 7 year war, than India would be partitioned like Africa by different European powers. The French, who were awful colonialists, would cause portions of India to look like... Vietnam. So be grateful for the complete British conquest.
Actually we paid them with billions of dollars of our money, treasures, gold, diamonds etc.....

Today I feel more proud to be an Indian than ever before ,look at those loosers comments in article.
Guys we really outgrown them ,we thrashed their prophecy in 65years ,Imagine in next 10-15 years we are Aiding these guys,bailout their banks and institution and offcourse how could we forget to put a notice board in our hotels and restaturant saying Dogs and British are not allowed [\B]. That day I will call India a real superpower and an Indian era ,Our Era.

india was united before from times of asoka empire,gupta empire,maurya empire and finally mughal empire, still you people will jump up and say british united india....:drag:

A rover blitz has been going on....the more sources of info we have the better (lotsa cross referencing). we actually have more science going on on Mars than we did the Moon (discounting returned specimens). Missions that complement each other do the best good for now.

While there is truth in your argument, it has a small assumption - they did us a favour. They had India as a whole because it was beneficial for them.. The by-products of their rule includes united India but the Hindu Muslim divide, two countries but the bloodiest partition, border disputes with almost every neighbour and screwed up beaurecracy...

So,it is wrong to say that we have to be grateful to them after everything their ancestors did to us...

Back
Top Bottom