What's new

'Indo-Russian fighter jet better than Chinese, US aircraft'

Do I smell Vodka??

Yes.. brush your teeth and eat choro-mint before entering house.

A clearly quasi-stealth design better than the epitome of evasion the F-22?

The final version isn't out yet... PAK FA is very similar to YF-23 in many places... and Is mainly for Air-superiority missions... with secondary SEAD role... for that EW is a better option than Stealth... since they have found some method to guide the missiles through VHF radars and F-22 stealth doesn't work in every band... as it does in X-band...

Even with that flat belly how big a missile can F-22 carry for a SEAD missions ?.. even a figure close to F-35 is enough.. thanks to the weapon carrying ability and range advantages.... and they would carry weapons on wing stations on a regular basis.

Do I smell Vodka??
A clearly quasi-stealth design better than the epitome of evasion the F-22?

i think everyone will agree that in WVR PAKFA is the better one..

now battle will depend on how much early F35/22 will able to detect/lockon/engage/destroy PAKFA..

Firstly, comparing T-50 with the Chinese J-20 is a not right (since nobody knows what capabilities it has). F-22 is an operational fighter with some capabilities known.

Russian fighter is more maneuverable, can carry more weapons in the internal bay and has more operational range. Lets hold our horses before comparing avionics, weapons, sensor fusion, ECM and stealth. (IMO, PAK FA's stealth will be more like F-35 and NOT F-22)

If the Russians can get the Engine tech right, that will take care of the stealth as well

Here is a timeline of PAK-FA development for those interested in India's role, read

PAK-FA: India, Russia Cooperating re: “Fifth-Generation Fighter”

Feb 9/11: With Aero India 2011 underway, Sukhoi offers some additional details regarding the December 2010 agreement with India:

“This is the first of a series of documents governing the obligations of the parties at different stages of the program. The PMF project includes the design and development of a next-generation fighter, which will have such advanced features as stealth, supersonic cruise speed, high maneuverability, highly integrated set of avionics, an advanced warning system about the situation, the internal deployment of weapons and the possibility of a centralized reporting and electronic warfare system. The fighter is being developed on the basis of the Russian perspective aviation complex (PAK FA) according to stringent technical requirements of the Indian side. The further development of the program envisages design and development of a two-place version of the aircraft and integration of an advanced engine with increased thrust. The two sides are supposed to cooperate in joint marketing of the complex in other countries.”

What's the contract?

Dec 16/10: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Chairman Ashok Nayak tells Russia’s RIA Novosti that Russia and India have agreed on key features of the design contract for their joint fifth-generation fighter project. The cost of preliminary design is estimated at $295 million, with work expected to be complete within 18 months. The partnership will develop both a single-seat and a twin-seat version of the aircraft by 2016, focusing on the single-seat version in the initial stages of development.

Oh you mean to say that Stealth is the only factor?Then why is US going for F35 when they have F22?

Seriously???

The F-35 is the complement to the F-22. A strike fighter.. To replace the other multipurpose aircraft in its fleet.
The F-22 was meant to be the US's primary air dominance fighter.. something the eagle was.
Funny comment.

'Indo-Russian fighter jet better than Chinese, US aircraft' - The Economic Times

The Indo-Russian fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) is superior than the similar Chinese and American rival fighter jets which include the J 20 Black Eagle and the F-22 Raptor, a top Russian military commander has claimed.

India and Russia are jointly developing the Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA FGFA for their respective air forces and have plans of producing over 400 of these highly-advanced fighter jets.

Commander of the Russian Air Force Colonel General Alexander Zelin told Russian news agency RIA Novosti that his country's government has decided to give top priority to the development of the joint venture aircraft.

"While comparing Russia's T-50 PAK FA with the US F-22 Raptor and China's Chengdu J-20 Black Eagle, one concludes that the T-50 is superior to its foreign analogues in terms of its maximum speed in afterburner and standard modes, maximum range and thrust-to-weight ratio," he said.

The Russian Air Force Commander said that despite the comparable dimensions and weight of the Chinese J20 Black Eagle and the F-22 raptor, "the T-50 has much shorter take-off and landing runs. Moreover, its on-board equipment has better specifications than its foreign equivalents."

India signed a preliminary design contract with Russia recently for the aircraft and is planning to induct around 250 of them starting from 2017.

Commenting on the flight tests schedule of the FGFA, Zelin said, "Tests are now taking place as planned in line with specific decisions.Over 100 flights have been performed and all the specifications obtained during the tests confirm T-50 project requirements."

"The tests involve three fixed-wing aircraft, and three more aircraft will arrive in the near future. All in all, the tests will involve 14 aircraft," he added.

I am yet to find people who claim we are not the best, very few people have courage without bias. PAKFA is still under development and F22 is operational, by the time PAKFA will come into picture, USA will move one step ahead.

Seriously???

The F-35 is the complement to the F-22. A strike fighter.. To replace the other multipurpose aircraft in its fleet.
The F-22 was meant to be the US's primary air dominance fighter.. something the eagle was.
Funny comment.
I think you are referring your post :lol: I knew that , but my question is if only Stealth is a factor why would US go for F35 according to your logic and when they knew J20/PAK FA might be able to defeat F35 . They could have developed a multirole platform based on F22 itself if is so stealthy just like what Russia did with Su27 .

yeah, just like MKI, as i said before.

Not actually , In PAK-FA we Indian are from very beginning, Our Engineers are in Russia , they are learning and understanding the process. PAK-FA will provide us much needed technology. development of PAK-FA is shared financially and technology. Though we are providing little technological help, we are providing at least something.

Not actually , In PAK-FA we Indian are from very beginning, Our Engineers are in Russia , they are learning and understanding the process. PAK-FA will provide us much needed technology. development of PAK-FA is shared financially and technology. Though we are providing little technological help, we are providing at least something.

You provided trunks of dead presidents.

:no: This is too funny.

Quoting economic times on Pakistan. Is there anything reliable that comes out of that news outlet?

In other news .. Ash's son may not be from the seed of the Bachan family
:from the junior correspondent for Micro-controllers published in the IEEE electronics monthly
..you see how reliable that is.

the probability of this is very high. I bet

But you can never know for certain.. and since you can never know.. you can never say that its correct.
After all.. if one must trust unrelated sources.. then a certain Kaballah Quartely is firmly convinced that the world will end due to the moon coming alive and crashing into us at the end of this year.. Scientifically that may not be possible at all.
but if every hearsay from unrelated sources is to be taken as gospel..........

But you can never know for certain.. and since you can never know.. you can never say that its correct.
After all.. if one must trust unrelated sources.. then a certain Kaballah Quartely is firmly convinced that the world will end due to the moon coming alive and crashing into us at the end of this year.. Scientifically that may not be possible at all.
but if every hearsay from unrelated sources is to be taken as gospel..........

I just gave a example just like you. My friend truth is more dangerous than imagination.

Back
Top Bottom