What's new

INS Vikrant, India's First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, To Be Handed Over To Indian Navy In May

You have that technology? You sure? Can you tell me which fab makes GaN chips? For gods sake, until a few years back you can't even make high purity silicon for solar panels. And even lithium batteries had to be imported. Lol
Now you are shifting the goal post. You are talking about Power Electronics that goes in TRMs here and confusing it with lithium batteries and what ever else that catches fancy.

India has been able to make GaN based wide gap semiconductors at IISc for sometime now. Oh, btw, GaN based TRMs mainly need GaN semiconductors in power amplifiers. It does not require precision of manufacturing that modern 1 or 2 nano meter scale processes need, just a foundary to be able to work with GaN. Indian scientists have been making GaN amplifiers for quite sometime now.

Last edited:
You have that technology? You sure? Can you tell me which fab makes GaN chips? For gods sake, until a few years back you can't even make high purity silicon for solar panels. And even lithium batteries had to be imported. Lol

Making a lab piece does not equals making it in a fab matey. Most likely the quality is too low to be even usable. Else why do you think Uttam is still a basket case. Your babus are just justifying their existence with eternal development stage, giving some feel good news once a while so you guys can jerk off while your military continues to import shit from the whole world.lolol

28nm is adequate for most industrial applications my friend. And I am a controls engineer working in the marine industry. So yah, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND POWER ELECTRONICS. You think radars only have TR modules huh. What about signal processing?
I am also yet to see how F-22 got its AESA radar when there was no GaN based power amplifiers and no 28 nm process for digital electronics. :rofl:

I am also yet to see how F-22 got its AESA radar when there was no GaN based power amplifiers and no 28 nm process for digital electronics. :rofl:
Hahah, I feel like I am spoonfeeding my friend. Latest Chinese radars uses GaN technology and most associated chips uses around 28nm. And who says F22 radars are better than our radars? Nobody knows, what we know is we use the latest technology while they are using Gaas. As for India, you did claim Gaas breakthrough, but have we seen a working radar? NONE. Most probably you fabricate some prototype and it didn't perform up to standard. Imagine building a TR module made of Gaas or GaN and due to your primitive tech it can only perform 10% of the requirement. Does it mean you have the required technology? If thats the case your Kaveri would be flying right? A lab piece and an operational piece are 2 different things altogether, that's why India is stuck in perpetual development stage. The babus want it that way. Latest industrial controllers uses 28nm, that's a rule of thumb that 28nm is adequate for most military applications for now. But for future AI processing we need 7nm and below, thats why China is investing so heavily into this. 6th gen aircarft will require this. What India is doing is buying some off self chips and assembling them with your primitive undepefroming TR modules, and just because you have a pen, doesn't mean you can write a novel mate.

Lithium batteries and solar panels require some advanced material processing technology and industrial base, all of this corresponds to a nations industrial strength. If you don't understand this, you will a perpetual import slave which is exactly India's case. High purity silicon processing is key to every single piece of semiconductor and India does not produce any. You must be the kind who thinks food comes from the supermarket and fail to. Understand the whole production chain.

Is it an Indian thingee to whip out GAME CHANGER or CHANGE GAME or in that line with almost any announcement? :omghaha:
Perhaps from the Indian skools that Indians are taught that key phrase to use?

134796_Bihar-exam-building-close-up_GettyImages-467607852_credit-STRDEL_AFP_Getty-Images.jpg

Other than in Indian printed stuff, on in forums written by Indians, I never seen that used by any other countries in the world:pleasantry:
:rofl:

They have so many "Game Changers" to "Change Games", but none of them will change India in foreseeable future. IMHO, nothing will change India or Indians in any significant way, except for social and cultural revolutions.

Latest Chinese radars uses GaN technology and most associated chips uses around 28nm.
Source? And also the proof why 28 nm is needed.

For an alleged engineer you are too thin on facts and too fat on fiction. I will not accept any of your stupid posts unless you give me source of it.

Answer: Whats the source of two of the following claims.

1. Chinese AESA radar uses digital computation chips fabricated using 28 nm node.
2. AESA radar NEEDS 28 nm fabrication process.

They have so many "Game Changers" to "Change Games", but none of them will change India in foreseeable future. IMHO, nothing will change India or Indians in any significant way, except for social and cultural revolutions.

Zero facts all bullshit. Chinese wu-mao idiots can do only this. :rofl:

Is it an Indian thingee to whip out GAME CHANGER or CHANGE GAME or in that line with almost any announcement? :omghaha:

134796_Bihar-exam-building-close-up_GettyImages-467607852_credit-STRDEL_AFP_Getty-Images.jpg

Other than in Indian printed stuff, on in forums written by Indians, I never seen that used by any other countries in the world:pleasantry:
Dong Feng Ping Pong. Here he does Wing Wong! :rofl:

What he didn't ask if who makes the wafer to etch that transistor. In China you can trace the entire production chain.
Source? And also the proof why 28 nm is needed.

For an alleged engineer you are too thin on facts and too fat on fiction. I will not accept any of your stupid posts unless you give me source of it.

Answer: Whats the source of two of the following claims.

1. Chinese AESA radar uses digital computation chips fabricated using 28 nm node.
2. AESA radar need 28 nm fabrication.

Zero facts all bullshit. Chinese wu-mao idiots can do only this. :rofl:
Gosh, there is nothing to proof, if you don't know this, means you are pretty ignorant. Most advanced military grade electronics uses 28nm as a minimum, you can keep on comparing with 30 year old technology if you want mate but I don't think India can even meet the performance of a 30 year old technology. Lol. Let me put it in simpler terms:

1)current generation radars use GaN and 28nm electronics. You don't produce any operational radars based on this requirements.

2) previous generation radars uses GaAs and older electronics. You also don't produce any based on this requirement.

As for India, you did claim Gaas breakthrough, but have we seen a working radar? NONE.
Same can be said about China too. No one has seen its working radar. NONE!

Gosh, there is nothing to proof, if you don't know this, means you are pretty ignorant. Most advanced military grade electronics uses 28nm as a minimum, you can keep on comparing with 30 year old technology if you want mate but I don't think India can even meet the performance of a 30 year old technology. Lol. Let me put it in simpler terms:
No, it rather means you have no source. :rofl:

Chinese bullshit, China Quality!

1)current generation radars use GaN and 28nm electronics. You don't produce any operational radars based on this requirements.
But initially you said that AESA radar NEEDS 28nm "electronics". What kind of engineer does not know the difference between requirements and solutions?

I am still waiting for sources of following :

Show me the source of above or get lost, Dingky Donkey.

What a joke! China quality engineer studied at worthless Chinese education system.

What he didn't ask if who makes the wafer to etch that transistor. In China you can trace the entire production chain.
Huh? Didn't you say India has SCL? For low volume production (like FCRs) its more than enough. God, you got dung for brains, Han-Moron!

Besides India has CEERI.

Last edited:
Lithium batteries and solar panels require some advanced material processing technology and industrial base, all of this corresponds to a nations industrial strength. If you don't understand this, you will a perpetual import slave which is exactly India's case. High purity silicon processing is key to every single piece of semiconductor and India does not produce any. You must be the kind who thinks food comes from the supermarket and fail to. Understand the whole production chain.
None of that is relevant to manufacturing Radar. All bullshit.

Hahah, I feel like I am spoonfeeding my friend. Latest Chinese radars uses GaN technology and most associated chips uses around 28nm. And who says F22 radars are better than our radars? Nobody knows, what we know is we use the latest technology while they are using Gaas. As for India, you did claim Gaas breakthrough, but have we seen a working radar? NONE. Most probably you fabricate some prototype and it didn't perform up to standard. Imagine building a TR module made of Gaas or GaN and due to your primitive tech it can only perform 10% of the requirement. Does it mean you have the required technology? If thats the case your Kaveri would be flying right? A lab piece and an operational piece are 2 different things altogether, that's why India is stuck in perpetual development stage. The babus want it that way. Latest industrial controllers uses 28nm, that's a rule of thumb that 28nm is adequate for most military applications for now. But for future AI processing we need 7nm and below, thats why China is investing so heavily into this. 6th gen aircarft will require this. What India is doing is buying some off self chips and assembling them with your primitive undepefroming TR modules, and just because you have a pen, doesn't mean you can write a novel mate.
First source then your novels. And no, Chinese arse is not source.

Same can be said about China too. No one has seen its working radar. NONE!

No, it rather means you have no source. :rofl:

Chinese bullshit, China Quality!

But initially you said that AESA radar NEEDS 28nm "electronics". What kind of engineer does not know the difference between requirements and solutions?

I am still waiting for sources of following :

Show me the source of above or get lost, Dingky Donkey.

What a joke! China quality engineer studied at worthless Chinese education system.

Dude, common sense, I was refering to current generation radars, why should I compare it to 1990s tech. Gosh, you must be really dense in the head, same with PAR, why should I be talking about outdated PESA.

Well you can say our operational AESA radars are fake but the point is you don't even CLAIM to have an operational one. That's more pathetic isn't it?

The point is India is no where near current AESA tech nor near previous generation tech. Lolol

Just Google for gods sake.

Dude, common sense, I was refering to current generation radars, why should I compare it to 1990s tech. Gosh, you must be really dense in the head, same with PAR, why should I be talking about outdated PESA.

Well you can say our operational AESA radars are fake but the point is you don't even CLAIM to have an operational one. That's more pathetic isn't it?

The point is India is no where near current AESA tech nor near previous generation tech. Lolol
Common Sense?

You are talking about VERY SPECIFIC things in a very complex technology and you are no expert in it. Heck you confuse 4 with 6 or lie, so no, you can not be trusted.

Show source or get lost, Dinkey Donkey.

Tell me:
Whats the source of the claim that Chinese Radars use 28 nm fabrication process for DSPs etc used in AESA radar?

Whats the source of the claim that one NEEDS 28 nm fabrication process to build a AESA radar.

Last I check, neither Altera, nor Intel are Chinese companies.

Also, NO WHERE in the article it is 28 nm is NEEDED for a AESA radar.

Only Stratix FPGA is build on 28 nm node.

Incidentally, is there a single large FPGA company like Intel-Altrea or AMD-Xilinx in China?

Last edited:
Common Sense?

You are talking about VERY SPECIFIC things in a very complex technology and you are no expert in it. Heck you confuse 4 with 6 or lie, so no, you can not be trusted.

Show source or get lost, Dinkey Donkey.

Tell me:
Whats the source of the claim that Chinese Radars use 28 nm fabrication process for DSPs etc used in AESA radar?

Whats the source of the claim that one NEEDS 28 nm fabrication process to build a AESA radar.
I just proved to you latest AESA tech used 28nm FGPA from Intel's offering. Now you are asking me to prove China is using 28nm. Dude, do you need me to spoonfeed you? This is very basic military technology knowledge, most people with some basic military knowledge knows 28nm is the minimum requirement for modern military electronics.

As for China's case, you think I can just disasemble the type 346 radar? China has 28nm tech and foundry for almost a decade and we manufacture FGPA to that node. So tell me genius.... It's like I have a naked lady on front of me, I am horny, what do you think I am gonna do with my dick? Common sense bro, is this what Indians lack. No wonder you still praise the Russians when they scammed you hard.

I just proved to you latest AESA tech used 28nm FGPA from Intel's offering.
Actually... nope.

All it showed was a product page of Styrix FPGA. Thats all.

Nothing there says.

1. China uses THIS OR COMPARABLE product.
2. AESA FCRs can not be build around any alternative technology.

Remember, FPGAs do not offer as much as performance as ASICs on even standard cell designs do. FPGA offer prototyping and ease of flexibility because they are "Field Programmable". If you even know what that means. LOL!

Here is a paper which estimates critical path delay difference between a ASIC and a FPGA.

It says, a FPGA on average offers 3 to 4 times more critical path delay than a standard cell based ASIC design does.

The ratio of critical path delay, from FPGA to ASIC, is roughly 3 to 4, with less influence from block memory and hard multipli- ers.

That means same circuit on a FPGA can be clocked 3 to 4 times faster on a ASIC than a FPGA.

This, my dear is called a reference. So much for being a Chinese engineer.

I just proved to you latest AESA tech used 28nm FGPA from Intel's offering. Now you are asking me to prove China is using 28nm. Dude, do you need me to spoonfeed you? This is very basic military technology knowledge, most people with some basic military knowledge knows 28nm is the minimum requirement for modern military electronics.
No you did nothing like that. All you did was to show one FPGA built on 28 nm node. Thats all.

Show me, where it says FPGA are a MUST to build a AESA?

Also, ASICS are 3-4 times faster than FPGAs. So same design can get 3 to 4 times performance built on a ASIC. Meaning, what performance a FPGA can give in prototyping an ASIC can roughly give similar performance on a node 3-4 times LARGER feature size.

Source : https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/1117201.1117205

Last edited:
Actually... nope.

All it showed was a product page of Styrix FPGA. Thats all.

Nothing there says.

1. China uses THIS OR COMPARABLE product.
2. AESA FCRs can not be build around any alternative technology.

Remember, FPGAs do not offer as much as performance as ASICs on even standard cell designs do. FPGA offer prototyping and ease of flexibility because they are "Field Programmable". If you even know what that means. LOL!

Here is a paper which estimates critical path delay difference between a ASIC and a FPGA.

It says, a FPGA on average offers 3 to 4 times more critical path delay than a standard cell based ASIC design does.

That means same circuit on a FPGA can be clocked 3 to 4 times faster on a ASIC than a FPGA.

This, my dear is called a reference. So much for being a Chinese engineer.
Dude, Intel offers the latest 28nm Fgpa specifically for AESA radars. I am not here to argue whether ASICs or FGPAs are better, I am telling you 28nm is the mainstream for current gen military electronics and it was proven by their offerings. Next, I can also prove to you China has been dabbing 28nm chips for the past 10 years and CEC does manufacture military grade FGPAs for Chinese military. So there you go, latest AESAs uses GaN and minimum 28nm electronics, proven both. India is no where near this level, tahts why you need Israeli radars mate. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Your argument seems to be I can build a crappy AESA radar too with old technology. Of course you can mate, the problem is you can't even do that. Lol

Dude, Intel offers the latest 28nm Fgpa specifically for AESA radars. I am not here to argue whether ASICs or FGPAs are better, I am telling you 28nm is the mainstream for current gen military electronics and it was proven by their offerings. Next, I can also prove to you China has been dabbing 28nm chips for the past 10 years and CEC does manufacture military grade FGPAs for Chinese military. So there you go, latest AESAs uses GaN and minimum 28nm electronics, proven both. India is no where near this level, tahts why you need Israeli radars mate. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Dude, ASICs are 3 to 4 times more performant than FPGAs. Meaning, for same circuit I can get 3 to 4 times more performance at same feature size (https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/1117201.1117205).
Also in terms of area, ASICS offer 21 times more gates for same die size than FPGAs. Refer above. Not to mention 12 times more power is needed. Which means much higher cooling requirements.

So if Intel is selling 28 nm FPGA as a solution, I can build an ASIC using 90 nm process and get similar performance. 90 nm is as common as grass! You can get it fabricated practically anywhere. Most likely SCL or CEERI is having one node at that.

Thats fundamental difference between FPGA and ASIC.

FPGA's biggest advantage is field programability.

Stop lying and give me a proper source, Dinkey Donkey!

Last edited:
Dude, ASICs are 3 to 4 times more performant than FPGAs. Meaning, for same circuit I can get 3 to 4 times more performance at same feature size (https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/1117201.1117205).
Also in terms of area, ASICS offer 30-40 times more gates for same die size than FPGAs. Refer above.

So if Intel is selling 28 nm FPGA as a solution, I can build an ASIC using 90 nm process and get similar performance. 90 nm is as common as grass! You can get it fabricated practically anywhere. Most likely SCL or CEERI is having one node at that.

Thats fundamental difference between FPGA and ASIC.

FPGA's biggest advantage is field programability.

Stop lying and give me a proper source, Dinkey Donkey!
Hey genius, I told you 10x, I am not arguing about asics vs fgpa. FYI, asics are also manufactured to 28nm for military application. My point here is

1) mainstream advanced military electronics are at 28nm.

2)Modern AESAs do use 28nm electronics as proven by Intel offering.

3) India HAS None. SCL is at 180nm.

So my dear gangu, your SCL is more of a lab fabricator rather than a proper streamlined fab, that explains the need for imports.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom