What's new

INS Vikrant, India's First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, To Be Handed Over To Indian Navy In May

Carrier Liaoning conducts over 100 takeoffs and landings near Okinawa and Taiwan!

The carrier and the carrier service has come a long way. But still learning by doing.

Japan’s defense chief said Tuesday that fighter jets and helicopters aboard China’s Liaoning aircraft carrier had conducted more than 100 landings and takeoffs while in waters near the Nansei Islands and Taiwan from earlier this month through Sunday, as the Chinese Navy seeks to improve its capabilities in more distant areas.

1) mainstream advanced military electronics are at 28nm.
Source?

FYI, asics are also manufactured to 28nm for military application.
Source?

Hey genius, I told you 10x, I am not arguing about asics vs fgpa.
Then why did you show FPGA product page?

2)Modern AESAs do use 28nm electronics as proven by Intel offering.
False! Its only a page for a FPGA.

For an engineer, you are pretty dumb! LOL! :rofl:

3) India HAS None. SCL is at 180nm.
SCL - CMOS Fabrication Facility
To be honest, 90nm lithography is so common that India does not even need to have a fab and get their chips fabricated anywhere. Korea, Israel... anywhere. I have already proven to you that 90nm ASIC can outperform a 28 nm FPGA (which is the only reference you have linked to).

Japanese Defense forces had watched far more than 100 takeoffs and landing from the Liaoning.

This is tempo that the "experienced" Indian Navy can't possibly match.

Especially since its sole "operational" carrier had been port bound for past year and more.
Why can't they possibly match it? Is it something ethnic? Perhaps ecological?

Why do you talk stupidly and embarrass all who read you?

This is tempo that the "experienced" Indian Navy can't possibly match.

Especially since its sole "operational" carrier had been port bound for past year and more.
India does exercise with the top-most navy of the world - USN. We don't need to hyperventilate like Chinese navy to show our capabilities. If China has so much confidence, then invade Japan and capture Okinawa instead of flying and landing aircrafts and wasting fuel.

Can you? Or try even landing troops in Taiwan.

And, of course, we are to believe that Liaoning is actually a 2-in-1 carrier, that it is not that object of mockery, a sole operational carrier. Were they operating two at that time? Only one? Then why that note of smug self-satisfaction?

I am intervening only because the raw ineptitude of these remarks has become too tempting. It is, in some ways, far more entertaining to see how the stumbling baby steps of a new field of achievement are sought to be converted by sheer lung power into a dramatic full-blown entry into the top league.

Source?

Source?

To be honest, 90nm lithography is so common that India does not even need to have a fab and get their chips fabricated anywhere. Korea, Israel... anywhere. I have already proven to you that 90nm ASIC can outperform a 28 nm FPGA (which is the only reference you have linked to).
I'm not too sure he is an engineer.

Next, I can also prove to you China has been dabbing 28nm chips for the past 10 years and CEC does manufacture military grade FGPAs for Chinese military.
I am yet to see ONE single verifiable proof that Chinese AESA uses and needs 28 nm processors or memory. Not even 28 nm FPGA proof has been shown for China. Prove it first with verifiable sources then talk.

And 28 nm FPGA can be out performed by 90nm fabrication based ASICs. So, they are only good for prototyping and nothing else.

So my dear gangu, your SCL is more of a lab fabricator rather than a proper streamlined fab, that explains the need for imports.
My dear fake engineer, India has partnership with Israel and Japan for fabricating all its semiconductors if push comes to shove. 90 nm is not exactly a secret process anymore. As far as SCL goes, it only needs to support Indian space agency and defence agency. It need not be a full fledged fabricator for end all and be all. It does that job nicely. And SCL is NOT the only fabrication unit owned by government of India. SSPL and GAETEC also have fabrication plants for low volume applications like defence and space in India.

Leave everything. Give us a verifiable proof that :

1. China uses 28 nm digital electronics for its AESA radar.
2. 28 nm fabrication is MUST for AESA radar.

Lets see the proof of this and then only we will talk.

Last edited:
I am yet to see ONE single verifiable proof that Chinese AESA uses and needs 28 nm processors or memory. Not even 28 nm FPGA proof has been shown for China. Prove it first with verifiable sources then talk.

And 28 nm FPGA can be out performed by 90nm fabrication based ASICs. So, they are only good for prototyping and nothing else.

My dear Ching Chong Ding Dong fake engineer, India has partnership with Israel and Korea for fabricating all its semiconductors if push comes to shove. 90 nm is not exactly a secret process anymore. As far as SCL goes, it only needs to support Indian space agency and defence agency. It need not be a full fledged fabricator for end all and be all. It does that job nicely.

Leave everything. Give us a verifiable proof that :

1. China uses 28 nm digital electronics for its AESA radar.
2. 28 nm fabrication is MUST for AESA radar.

Lets see the proof of this and then only we will talk.
Well typically Indians bury their heads and pretends they see nothing. Let's assume we don't have AESA tech, no 28nm fab tech and no 28nm chips. Lol. That's should give you plenty of assurance right?

Huh Korean fabbing Indian chips? Then what's the point of having an 'indigenous' chip, might a well just buy Israeli radars right, I am sure they can open a paint shop in India. Lolol

Source?

Source?

Dude I just showed you an example of 28nm military fgpa, just friggin Google man. 28nm is a pretty matured technology and most modern electronics use this node. Gosh how many times do I have to repeat myself. I told you friggin 10x, fgpa and asics both have different advantages and disadvantages, can you stop comparing the two and changing topic. You were the dumb frog in the well who didn't even know 28nm military chips exists and is mainstream used in AESA radars. Lolol. I just proved you wrong. Right?

First you tell me 28nm military grade chips are not used in AESA radars, I proved it to you, then you tell. Me SCL has 90nm.fck man, you don't seem to understand much about military electronics man. I even have to teach you about GaN chips which India does not produce. Lolol. Enough man stop embarrassing yourself gangu dikshit. You can essentially make a shitty AESA with vacuum tubes too man, it would just be 2 football fields large.

Last edited:
Carrier Liaoning conducts over 100 takeoffs and landings near Okinawa and Taiwan!

The carrier and the carrier service has come a long way. But still learning by doing.

Japan’s defense chief said Tuesday that fighter jets and helicopters aboard China’s Liaoning aircraft carrier had conducted more than 100 landings and takeoffs while in waters near the Nansei Islands and Taiwan from earlier this month through Sunday, as the Chinese Navy seeks to improve its capabilities in more distant areas.
Well gangu thinks experience is accumulated while sitting in the port. He also thinks VTOL EXPERIENCE 50 YEARS ago on a WW2 junk is applicable to STOBAR carriers. Friggin shit is dry docked every 3 years. Something is pretty fcked up with that ship. I think a few died onboard too, multiple engine failures what not.

Well typically Indians bury their heads and pretends they see nothing. Let's assume we don't have AESA tech, no 28nm fab tech and no 28nm chips. Lol. That's should give you plenty of assurance right?
Your words not mine. It seems you can not find any references to support your claims. Some engineer you are :rofl:

Huh Korean fabbing Indian chips? Then what's the point of having an 'indigenous' chip, might a well just buy Israeli radars right, I am sure they can open a paint shop in India. Lolol
ASIPs and ASICs on 90nm can be fabricated anywhere. lolol. Its not a tech which is critical and can be denied. Too many partners around the world are available for this. Japan, Israel, Korea come to mind. So, does not matter if it is fabricated in India. Its a commodity tech now. If your claim is just a 28 nm FPGA, then we are fine with a 90 nm ASIC fabricated in low volumes either in India or from many many partners around the world including but not limited to Japan, Korea, Israel.

First you tell me 28nm military grade chips are not used in AESA radars, I proved it to you, then you tell. Me SCL has 90nm.fck man, you don't seem to understand much about military electronics man. I even have to teach you about GaN chips which India does not produce. Lolol. Enough man stop embarrassing yourself gangu dikshit. You can essentially make a shitty AESA with vacuum tubes too man, it would just be 2 football fields large.
I made no claim about 28nm being anyway related or not related to AESA radar.

You made a claim that Chinese AESA radars use 28nm chips. And that 28nm SPECIFICALLY is needed for AESA radar. All I am asking is for some verifiable source for that. Which you seems to be not able to find. End of story, "Hen-Engineer". More like Hen-Tai? :rofl:

And engineer that cannot find refences to his claim is the real disgrace. You are no engineer my dear. You know nothing on that front. You are a 2 bit factory worker. :rofl:

He also thinks VTOL EXPERIENCE 50 YEARS ago on a WW2 junk is applicable to STOBAR carriers
There was VTOL jets in World War 2? :rofl: Now we have seen all. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Friggin shit is dry docked every 3 years.
Control "Engineer" lost control? :rofl: Lets face it, you are raging so hard because you know nothing and have been proved to be a liar. You lied about being an engineer. You lied about 4.7 being 6. You lied about 28 nm being needed for AESA radar. List goes on and on. This is no sign of any kind of engineer, you are a Hen-Tai Hen-Engineer. This is sign of a failure. We know it all well. :rofl: :lol:

Last edited:
Well gangu thinks experience is accumulated while sitting in the port. He also thinks VTOL EXPERIENCE 50 YEARS ago on a WW2 junk is applicable to STOBAR carriers. Friggin shit is dry docked every 3 years. Something is pretty fcked up with that ship. I think a few died onboard too, multiple engine failures what not.

They have nothing to say except for so-called experience and the picture opportunity exercises with the USN.

Their carrier has been port bound for over a year and even when not in port had done only a handful of launches which is why there are a paucity of regular Indian carrier videos. Every one of the few videos they found and posted here are trials.

In the entire service life of the Vikramaditya, I doubt it had anywhere near the more than 100 launches and recoveries that this one current mission by Liaoning had done so far. And the Liaoning had done 70! And there is also the Shandong.

Indians brag about flying in exercises with the US once in a blue moon.

Chinese fly DAILY intercepts and exercises AGAINST aircraft and warships of the US and their allies.

No photo op exercises that goes on for a few days can match the training of high tempo operations in the face of potentially hostile forces:

Last edited:
They have nothing to say except for so-called experience and the picture opportunity exercises with the USN.

Their carrier has been port bound for over a year and even when not in port had done only a handful of launches which is why there are a paucity of regular Indian carrier videos. Every one of the few videos they found and posted here are trials.

In the entire service life of the Vikramaditya, I doubt it had anywhere near the more than 100 launches and recoveries that this one current mission by Liaoning had done so far. And the Liaoning had done 70! And there is also the Shandong.

Indians brag about flying in exercises with the US once in a blue moon.

Chinese fly DAILY intercepts and exercises AGAINST aircraft and warships of the US and their allies.

No photo op exercises that goes on for a few days can match the training of high tempo operations in the face of potentially hostile forces:

I remember reading Chinese sorties was around 200+ per training trip. 2 x 30 x 5, they tried to match US sorties of 2 x per plane.

The INS Vikrant, India's first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC), will be handed over to the Indian Navy in May, reports The New Indian Express.

The aircraft carrier, which has been constructed by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), will be named "INS Vikrant" after it is handed over to the Indian Navy.

Bejoy Bhasker, director (technical), CSL, during a press conference held on Thursday (28 April) in Kerala's Kochi, announced that the final sea trial of the aircraft carrier would be conducted in the next few weeks.

He added that the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) will be commissioned on Independence Day on 15 August this year.

"The final sea trial was scheduled for this month but faced a slight delay. We will hand over the IAC to Indian Navy next month after which the ship will take the name of INS Vikrant. India's first aircraft carrier will be commissioned on Independence Day in August this year," Bhasker was quoted in the TNIE report as saying.

Around 60 per cent of the components of the aircraft carrier are indigenous while remaining 40 per cent have been imported.

The official further said that a new aircraft carrier of IAC specifications can by built by the shipyard in just five years.

"We have gained experience in the IAC project. If the Indian Navy asks us to bring out another aircraft carrier of 45,000-ton category like INS Vikrant, we can do it in five years," Bejoy was quoted in the report as saying.

The IAC uses ski-jump technology for launching the aircraft from the carrier.

He asserted that the shipyard can also make aircraft carriers that use the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) deployed in the US Navy's aircraft carriers.

"Similarly, we are expanding the capacity of our dry dock here and we can make an aircraft carrier of up to 70,000 tonnes now. We can also manufacture Jack-up rigs and LNG vessels here," he added.

FReeKH_XEAIg0rB
FRCWwJkakAESJOh
Good news , we need some more .

I remember reading Chinese sorties was around 200+ per training trip. 2 x 30 x 5, they tried to match US sorties of 2 x per plane.
Just wonder if Indian Navy will have similar exercises to launch and receive planes in high density & frequency time frames. From other post that I read, Vikamaditya parks on the port doing almost nothing all year long.

Just wonder if Indian Navy will have similar exercises to launch and receive planes in high density & frequency time frames. From other post that I read, Vikamaditya parks on the port doing almost nothing all year long.

It basically waits months and even years for a few photo ops or a trial or two. There is no high intensity training for Indians when the carrier is a harbor queen.

Also, the MiG-29K basically shakes itself to pieces after every landing. They need to check and put pieces back into place after every landing:

The call for improved ruggedness originates from an issue after deck landings. The MiG-29K fighter’s settings reportedly require a reset after landing on the deck of the carrier.

“After every carrier landing (which is virtually like a crash), components of the aircraft crack, break or stop functioning. The aircraft, then goes to the workshop for repair/replacement of the part, which often has to come from Russia,” Prakash said.

There is no way Indians can do any kind of intensive training with this carrier and those jets.

The Liaoning did over 300 sorties off Okinawa. This was counted by Japanese defense forces.

Back
Top Bottom