What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Never happened, Never Will.
You on the other hand is making a Malaysian Hen out of a Malaysian Feather.

The point is that Gripen is a competitor to first rank fighters and JF-17 is not.
That is why you do not see both in the same tender.
okay, got your point..this is true..its facing rafale, f16 and f18 thus its losing more than often unless it backs up its deal with incredible financing(like brazil case) or end up doing leasing/lease to buy.

okay, got your point..this is true..its facing rafale, f16 and f18 thus its losing more than often unless it backs up its deal with incredible financing(like brazil case) or end up doing leasing/lease to buy.

Rafale has won a single order vs Gripen, which is India, due to lack of AESA.
The rest of the wins are in the Middle East, where Gripen cannot be sold due to Swedish Export restrictions.
Gripen won in Brazil and Switzerland vs Rafale, even though it was cut short in the referendum, because a strong party was against any purchase of fighters.
Gripen A/B lost a few designs to the Hornet, but I do not think Gripen C/D has lost to Hornets. Boeing have not had much success selling the Super Hornet abroad.
The F-16 is a different story, with many countries selling off old F-16s.

Both South Africa and Thailand bought their aircrafts, South Africa bought new aircrafts, while Thailand bought aircrafts rebuilt from surplus Gripen A/B to C/D.
Hungary and the Czech republic leased their aircrafts.

I'm pretty sure that prototypes are either under testing or nearing the development. And first prototype may very well have made its maiden flight.

Not according to @Dazzler or @messiach who suggest that it's merely undergoing subsystems testing prior to assembly.

But if a production date of late 2019 is to be met then it has to make its maiden flight early in the next year.

Never happened, Never Will.
You on the other hand is making a Malaysian Hen out of a Malaysian Feather.

Doesn't matter. Fact remains that while Malaysia has rejected the Gripen, it is in talks for the JF-17, be it at whatever level, be it for whatever result.

The point is that Gripen is a competitor to first rank fighters and JF-17 is not.
That is why you do not see both in the same tender.

Argentina and Malaysia do not agree, obviously.

Doesn't matter. Fact remains that while Malaysia has rejected the Gripen, it is in talks for the JF-17, be it at whatever level, be it for whatever result.

Argentina and Malaysia do not agree, obviously.
yar, is nasli janwar ko hassad main jalne do... abhi tu JF17-III bahir aya bhi nahin tu yeh bechara kis se compare kar raha hai? JF17-III will be a resounding success. iske mulk ke nakhray khatam nahin hotay baqi kuch khaas nahin hai jo JF17-III main na ho and that too at a much better price and good services and cheaper spares and maintenance..

lol so is this the "the next gen fighter" PAF going to talk about or introduce …… and people thought J-10 , J-31 AZAM and what not...…….

lol...…… 2 more years …… already 2 decades late ……. 12 years old and still without promised eqm , avionics , ew suits ///// I thought "they" said it is our F-16...…..
I know I am sounding harsh but reality is …… JF-17 is a light fighter , originally planed to replace 100s of A5 + F-6 and F7s...…. with affordability and better tech...…. and we achieved that...….
Rest time is here we have move on , we need proper Medium fighter with proper airframe , a dam airframe in which we can put 30 to 40 million $$ worth of eqm ...………. stop listing to ACMssssssss I had enough of bulsh!t...…..
Let me be very clear again ……. JF-17is blessing for Pakistan ……. Light but very advance bird , but there are some limitation here ……. now we need medium fighter ,,,,,,, options are build or buy J-10 or even work with France …… @MastanKhan

FFS mate can you write using proper English structure rather than this mess!

I'm pretty sure that prototypes are either under testing or nearing the development. And first prototype may very well have made its maiden flight.
i doubt it i think the protoype will fly in early 2019, second and third protoype (if built) may be mid to late 2019 and go into production in early to mid 2020 and be fully inducted in late 2020 to early 2021

i doubt it i think the protoype will fly in early 2019, second and third protoype (if built) may be mid to late 2019 and go into production in early to mid 2020 and be fully inducted in late 2020 to early 2021

My educated guess.....
Mock-up will shown by April 2019.
1st Prototype will be build by Nov 2019, 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th (if built) may delay it even further, testing phase 2020, limited production 2021, flying testing, induction ceremony 2022.

My educated guess.....
Mock-up will shown by April 2019.
1st Prototype will be build by Nov 2019, 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th (if built) may delay it even further, testing phase 2020, limited production 2021, flying testing, induction ceremony 2022.

There is a new production line for jf-17 BLK III. That is why delay in becoming operational.

BLK II production will continue and will not be discontinued

That is what I have concluded.

Brazil tried to hawk 24 Gripen E to Argentina, but quickly found out they were not allowed to sell. Argentina are not interested in something they cannot buy. They cannot afford to buy anyway.

As for Malaysia, this is what PAC has to say April this year.

We are aware of the potential requirements in Malaysia for cost-effective fighter aircraft,” the PAC official said. “There have been no serious talks but through government-to-government channels there have been what we can describe as primary level talks about the JF-17 program.”

If you are so desperate that you want to compare those two to official tenders, you are welcome.
I think you are seriously jelous..because tejas isnt even certified by your arforce let alone any foreign sales. You cant help being indian can you.
If you want and love tamash...enjoy

There is a new production line for jf-17 BLK III. That is why delay in becoming operational.

BLK II production will continue and will not be discontinued

That is what I have concluded.
Who will buy b2? Why build a second line?
I doubt b2 Will exist ..countries will have to order b3 with water down avionics if they cant afford

Who will buy b2? Why build a second line?
I doubt b2 Will exist ..countries will have to order b3 with water down avionics if they cant afford

Who will not buy block 2? It is cheaper and comes with new air cooled aesa and has a variety of arsenal. Air to air refueling makes it perfect for long endurance precision bombing. Africa needs a lot of it. Plus it provides good long range air to air interception.

Considering the Level Thunder have achieved time we call it a Advance 4th Generational Jet
People state it is cost effective like , it is a 100 dollar craft

Thunder is a close to 50 Million Dollar Craft with all the new advance Tech it will be displaying soon

Good after all when you are busy in destabilizing civilian govts and promote people like party like PTI and in the Past PPP in 2008 the karma comes back at you ,Now i imagine the last govt has given great priority to the needs of armed forces but considering the state of matters forget 3rd block even in 2021 ,PAF was lucky to make and induct whatever they could in last 5 years .

Back
Top Bottom