What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

It may have a problem resupply JF-17s because they don’t have any of their own, but J-10s could be resupplied from their own stores, which is why I have long advocated the PAF but the J-10; for the very real possible need.

Yes, also we have advantage that PL-10/PL-12/PL-15 can be quickly sent over in large stocks. India now has issue as both Europeans and Russians will be massivley giving priority to their own missile stocks after Ukraine war, major plus for Pak

Dear PAF, we really really need a distraction from politics these days. Please give us some news about JF-17 Block III. Even a rumor would do. Thanks.
Yes, we want to go back to the good ol' days..

Will PAF continue to get RD-93 from Russia when your new Boss has to keep away from Russia?
Pak excels in such assumeyric manuevers...

Russian engines have been around even since before IK, and they'll probably be around after too. (Unless we switch to a Chinese engine like WS-13E, perhaps this is the reason for the wait?)
I mean new RD-91MA for JF-17B3,JF-17B3 indeed need a new engine with more power than old RD-93.

Distraction from politics?
This gang of 3rd generation thieves with the full support of Bajwa raped this nation's honor in broad daylight, and you think the news about a weapon system going into the hands of the same impotent military would somehow make us forget the insult?
Post reported for being irrelevant to the thread. Please stop shoving politics in every thread.

Will PAF continue to get RD-93 from Russia when your new Boss has to keep away from Russia?
No issues. Not only would Russia need foreign exchange, but Pakistan could also exercise the WS-13E option if it came to that.

We are covered, though it may mean some pain.

I mean new RD-91MA for JF-17B3,JF-17B3 indeed need a new engine with more power than old RD-93.
There is no new Russian engine coming from what I've heard, it is expected soon that a Chinese engine will potentially arrive.
Im going to visit F22P. you guys got questions? Ask away, i'll ask any vendors there. Forget pakistani stalls, whatever you read here is what they were willing to discuss. Not gonna go beyond that

DEPO STALL has naval, airforce and army guys. All are not willing to answer single " technical queations" regarding brahmose missile interception and BLOCK 3 questions except 1

BLOCK-3 MUSINGS:

BLock 3 has tested WS13 E in china. When asked why not in pakistan. Because thats where manufacturing is done and testbed test engines. Its not tested in pakistan yet

Forget RD93 MA. WS13 e is gonna be the future engine of jf-17. Baseline RD93 is suuficient for block 3. Not gonna go for MA. Pakistan AF has access to both rd93 and ws13 e. As per the DEPO Airforce guy

One more thing, I asked about UUV evolution from Gids civilian rep. He said Limited and initial work is being done in this domain @kursed @JamD

Dear PAF, we really really need a distraction from politics these days. Please give us some news about JF-17 Block III. Even a rumor would do. Thanks.
Why do you need a distraction? Isn't all the drama exciting enough for you? Is it the new foreign minister that's bothering you or is it the new prime/crime minister?

You can't wish either away even if JF-17 block-3 gets inducted tomorrow.

Why do you need a distraction? Isn't all the drama exciting enough for you? Is it the new foreign minister that's bothering you or is it the new prime/crime minister?

You can't wish either away even if JF-17 block-3 gets inducted tomorrow.
Its not the excitement that I mind. Its all the cussing & abuse that is being done at an unprecedented scale by so-called patriots.

The only reason people like me visit PDF at all is to stay abreast of developments & read the associated discussions. But then some people come here only to abuse, troll, waste time. Right now, it is exactly that type of people who are $shitposting all over PDF. Enthusiasts like me need to get back to what we come here for to begin with.

Any news about JF-17 would be very welcome because that is what so many people come here for.

Last edited:
Ok, on JF-17 B-3, which ministry got hacked ? Finance ? did they attach detailed technical documents on procurement requests ? or did someone else's Laptop got hacked ( in go between ) ? which had all the relevant information ? I have heard of people taking their laptop's home and letting kid get on the internet or at times themselves, not a good practice. Iran's nuclear facility hacks should be eye opener for most of these organizations and that was a closed network organization.

It seems there is serious lack of Cyber Security for Pak organizations and how to handle data at rest and in transit.

Ok, on JF-17 B-3, which ministry got hacked ? Finance ? did they attach detailed technical documents on procurement requests ? or did someone else's Laptop got hacked ( in go between ) ? which had all the relevant information ? I have heard of people taking their laptop's home and letting kid get on the internet or at times themselves, not a good practice. Iran's nuclear facility hacks should be eye opener for most of these organizations and that was a closed network organization.

It seems there is serious lack of Cyber Security for Pak organizations and how to handle data at rest and in transit.
I went to Karachi to meet some old colleagues and was aghast to find secretary sitting in the office with the person's email open. She would refer the email to the person who would give an answer which would be written down by the secretary. This was 2008. I hope things have moved on from there. But if your secretary has access then heaven help you.
A

I don't think finance ministry correspondence would include details of any top secret stuff.Atmost it could be a list of gadgets purchased.Not the details.

I don't think finance ministry correspondence would include details of any top secret stuff.Atmost it could be a list of gadgets purchased.Not the details.
Then who got hacked that could have the details ? I guess that be the $Billion question, if rumors of tech detail leaks are correct.

Back
Top Bottom