What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

They also ordered 26 JF-17Bs, which are basically Block-IIIs.

Not exactly, they lack AESA and the starboard side pod hardpoint, while the MAWS are still based on the UV type used in Block I and II. The Bravo model is pretty much a Block II spec, but with the 3 axis all digital FBW. As I've said in the past, the PAF missed a opportunity with the Bravo model, they should have based it on the Block III spec to draw greater capability from the airframe, given the fact they intend to use it as a bona fide tactical combat platform, but without key elements like a dedicated LDP hardpoint, it's already hampered in that role.

True. But the point coming to mind is fairly simple, Pakistan wouldn’t have setup an assembly plant for just 30 AESA radars. Grifo and older KLJ-7 assembly lines went on to supply hundreds of aircrafts. If we are setting up an assembly line, that pretty much confirms retrofit of older blocks.

Given that we have an active overhaul program at PAC at the same time. The combination just makes logical sense. Both in terms of saving money and upgrading older blocks. This seems to be PAF’s own SABRE like program.

As I have been repeatedly saying, and as suggested by Alan Warnes in his recent article, Block I and II aircraft will be upgraded to Block III standard, this has always been the roadmap for the JF-17 project.

Last edited:
Its very low if we need to counter the violations
For long range we there will be SD 10 and PL 15
What a coincidence!!!! Turkey is facing problems with Rafaels too for Greece is having them. The Turkish approach looks like upgrading the F16s with indigenous AESA radars, WVR/BVR missiles, EW pods etc. Not to mention indigenous SOJ (stand off jammer) aircrafts, and land and air based long range EW and AD.....

The Qatar AF has operationalized its Rafael fleet. I am pretty sure it’s electronic capability is being scrutinized to the last ounce to generate counter measure libraries for EW.....

If PAF can upgrade her F16s in this line it’ll be like a double down on the Rafaels....
PAF is dependent on American for upgraded , secondly need dollars for V update.

Turkish are independent, they have F16 local infrastructure, dont forget many of there F16 are assembled locally and its have Turkish part
What a coincidence!!!! Turkey is facing problems with Rafaels too for Greece is having them. The Turkish approach looks like upgrading the F16s with indigenous AESA radars, WVR/BVR missiles, EW pods etc. Not to mention indigenous SOJ (stand off jammer) aircrafts, and land and air based long range EW and AD.....

The Qatar AF has operationalized its Rafael fleet. I am pretty sure it’s electronic capability is being scrutinized to the last ounce to generate counter measure libraries for EW.....

If PAF can upgrade her F16s in this line it’ll be like a double down on the Rafaels....

Turkish are independent, they have F16 local infrastructure, dont forget many of there F16 are assembled locally and its have Turkish part

They also ordered 26 JF-17Bs, which are basically Block-IIIs.
Means 56 block 3 (30 A + 26 B).
That clarified everything order is 50 +
True. But the point coming to mind is fairly simple, Pakistan wouldn’t have setup an assembly plant for just 30 AESA radars. Grifo and older KLJ-7 assembly lines went on to supply hundreds of aircrafts. If we are setting up an assembly line, that pretty much confirms retrofit of older blocks.

Given that we have an active overhaul program at PAC at the same time. The combination just makes logical sense. Both in terms of saving money and upgrading older blocks. This seems to be PAF’s own SABRE like program.
Upgradation of older block was already on roadmap initially
Point is just what kind of updatd can be integrated in block 1 and block 2 , offcouse what integration PAF want to execute

Given a large 4th gen fleet in IAF that wouldnt go an AESA upgarde..i would rather prefer numbers rather then capability for thunders

But again if we have assembly line & cost is low then why not

For long range we there will be SD 10 and PL 15

Turkey [emoji1250] has no rights to f-16s any upgrade will require [emoji631] approval , [emoji631] can say “no” like it denied Korean fa-50 not getting aesa radar which is his basically designed by LM

Time will tell ;)

Chao

wondering why there's no discussion about this latest blk3 #3001 pic carrying PL10s & with an odd looking pilot helmet that vaguely resembles the Chinese HMDS & a boat load of extra sensors...
ezgif-7-325c0aada8be.jpg

has this pic been proven to be photo shopped? any info?

As reported in the Turkish media, during a recent "dog-fight" like situation over the East Med, the TurAF F16s locked the Greek F16s with very aggressive maneuvers while a couple of the French Rafaels were loitering nearby. But, they didn't come to the aid of their Hellenic brethren...

I have read a lot about Rafael on this forum, done a bit of a search. Sure capable jet, but over hyped. Especially since the Indians have bought it. It has become a world beater. Which it certain is not.

I think when it is tested, Indians would have another shock of their lives. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering why there's no discussion about this latest blk3 #3001 pic carrying PL10s & with an odd looking pilot helmet that vaguely resembles the Chinese HMDS & a boat load of extra sensors...
View attachment 738837

I guess last 15 pages are just about ninja turtles.

View attachment 738837

Folks are ones in Green under the wings, fuel tanks, which we all have been talking about, giving higher fuel capacity to block 3 ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom