What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block III is no match against Rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why get your panties in a twist?????

We are preparing and Jf17 block 3, project Ask etc are all part of the plan

February 2019 was not just about Pakistani victory in the air, it was how PAF completely out thought and out manourvered the IAF leaving them with lies and propaganda to sooth their egos
Your enemy will plan and it's up to us to counter those plans

JF-17 wasn't developed as premier fighter jet for PAF. Paf will be very happy with JF-17 even if its successfully able to counter IAF Mirage2000 and Mig29.

I
Everyone keeps talking about the s400 system. Does anyone know if its ever worked in real combat? We know the s300 has done nothing in Syria. Just interested
I have heard from some guys that during last Pakistan china air force drillings they used s400 so definitely Pakistan will have some experience about it

Calm down my dear friend, our armed forces always have an answer. So what you know and are thinking, they are already working on.

Block 3 has an AESA radar which will be coupled with pl15s(150km+). For short range engagements it will be also equipped with HMD and sights with 5th gen short range missiles. So there, I’ve already given you something to research on and feel better.

Bro at least pretend to be Pakistani by using proper English and not Bombay slum dialect.
Just because Indians ought a new toy we need not to panic.
Just like on feb 27 we made their 220 Su30 planes unworthy of flying near LOC we will also find suitable solution to Rafael... panic not..... have faith in PAF and they always deliver .
bro that was sarcasm.

Probably you are unaware of Mar 1 missiles with Pakistan which we bought from Brazil & are unaware of details mentioned by PAF for thunder. Thunder with AESA Radar, data link & PL-15 backed by awacs should be good enough for any fighter below 5th generation.

Any argument about "matching or not matching" is only up to the minute that the fighter jet enters the battle field.

In 1965, Pakistani Sabres were no match to Indian hunters.
Until 27th Feb 2019, no PAF fighter jet could match SU-30MKI

We all know what happened.

It is well known that PAF does not show its REAL "teeth" and "claws" until they really need to come out.

Wait! ... just wait for "that day"; and you will find out what is a match and what is not.

In an environment like that which the LOC gives, you don't necessarily need a jet which has superior number of hardpoints or range. It's all about placement and approach.

Remember, in a recent simulated exercise, it was a decades old jet which hazed Rafale in WVR combat.

You dont need to invest for that as it is available everywhere you can get it from China, Russia, America etc. When something is already there in reasonable price why we should strive for that to waste money..? (Air Marshal Shahid Lateef)
I have listened to him so I'm you're quoting him out of context.

ACD3149B-624F-4817-9F35-0C6AB3404EF1.jpeg

So finally india received it first rafale what PAF taking countermeasures for this thread & where is our JF-17 block 3...

Let Abhinandan fly it and soon it will meet it’s fate.

The superiority of a next gen fighter is generally established against older gen jets. But with the Rafale and Block-3, both aircraft will employ AESA radars, integrated EW/ECM, BVR, and AEW&C.

In this case, the Rafael's superiority isn't from being a generation ahead, but in terms of its intrinsic performance parameters. So how much additional range can its radar offer? How much farther can it target and fire the JF-17, etc.

That's the problem at hand, and on top of that, the MBDA Meteor is going to be a headache for the PAF. But if you're thinking of a 1:1 match, you'll need the Typhoon with Meteor or Block-72 with AMRAAM-D. The latter is plausible (along with the F-16V upgrade for the existing fleet).

But in the absence of that, the next option the PAF has is double up on the Block-3s and see if it can leverage Western radars to get the Meteor. So the Block 3 isn't as good as the Rafale, but the PAF can field 2-3X the number, and with their own AESA radars and long range BVR, they'll be real issues for the Rafale (not a cake walk), which may force India to not bother.

So was F-16 not capable of fighting with rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom