What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

Some times I wonder what to believe or not. But last May when Gilano met Wen Jiabao, following issues were discussed in details. While China agreed to provide economic help, 50 JF-17 paid for by China. It is clear that these jets will be equipped with sophisticated system but what is not clear if they will be The Block-2. Since these 50 will not arrive until July-September time framel t frame next year, we will have to wait to find out.

There was no discussion about J-10B in the meeting but surprisingly they discussed J-20s prospects, form and payment period.de. these aircrafts even if acquired by Pakistan will not be available until 2020 but discussion seem to have begun.

I am at a loss as to how Pakistan can afford the J-20s but the truth is that they discussed it. But Chinese willingness to make cash infusion, loans, and grants for the reconstruction projects in Pakistan shows it is serious and can go to any extent to help itself by helping
Pakistan.

Wonder if China is helping with Pakistani enrgy projects. Once completed, they will surely help put pakistanis and Pakistan back on to road to recovery.

Some sources have claimed thet Yang Weihuai, Chinese aircraft designer of JFC-1, J-10B, and the F-20 has been dividing his time between Chengdu and Kamra. Reason is open for speculation but seems to be that PAF may be far more involved than known.
sir pshamim

Then it was always planned to manufacture in batches not because of changes that might need to be made on the platform itself. China and Pakistan took a lot of time, freezing this air frame in the present condition. The whole focus is on the avionics and weapons development at the moment. At least for JFT.

I suspect and am hopeful about silence on JFT front from PAF means something good is going on. I am also now speculative of radar type but like I confirmed before from reliable sources, the swash plat based AESA radar for JFT was ready before PMs visit to China. I tried to find out many times if there is any prototype of JFT is flying with the new avionic suits but couldnt confirm it. Unlike FC20, about which I could squeeze out information like 2 prototypes are flying and both Chinese and Pakistani teams are testing both the air frame and avionics.
Soon enough new pictures of FC20 also surfaced to confirm reports. As you know defense acquisitions often have certain conditions associated. While I reported that 4 FC20 inshallah are to join PAF by year's end (the confirmation was from a responsible person) I was not told nor I asked the conditions associated. You and me can only report from our contacts (for sheer patriotism and love of PAF to know about it) and can make sure that we do get info from reliable people. But we know mostly one side of the story and are totally unaware of the other conditions associated in defense deals. Like for instance its economic terms, and fall back plan

eaglehannon

??????--?_?

YDsrJ.jpg
vMDGi.jpg
uiigT.jpg
5xrHe.jpg
NQnUN.jpg

some nice evolution pics

@Antibody I would like to congratulate you on putting such a wonderful, and useful resource together. I hope that making this information easily available(much better than the official online presence the PAF has) Inshallah helps making the JFT programme a bigger success internationally.

And I also have a suggestion to make. How about editing your first post in the Information Pool to provide a better description aimed at people who come here out of curiousity about the JFT. The current intro you have is from before the info pool became such a big hit, and it sounds a little bit like it's trying to justify the need for the info pool's existence in the first place.

And something else, that perhaps communicates the passion people feel towards this programme, the goals that the aircraft was meant to meet(Low cost, high performance 4th Gen Fighter, "the F-16 of the next generation"), and what an exciting level of work is being undertaken in many different directions. And how the info pool aims to provide a central repository for that.

Also, as a side note. Something like a wiki is much better suited to this. Each thread in the info pool is about a random topic, a wiki with differen pages for the radar, avionics, engine saga may be better suited in the long run.

Antibody I would like to congratulate you on putting such a wonderful, and useful resource together. I hope that making this information easily available(much better than the official online presence the PAF has) Inshallah helps making the JFT programme a bigger success internationally.

Second that - it's an excellent effort the entire forum appreciates it.:yahoo::cheers:

Rare Pics of Mig-33.....One can now easily compare how different JFT is from so called Mig-33
6072936041_5c42e55b3b_b.jpg

6072936235_b6f7827dd4_b.jpg

Nope! It just looks like a single engle Mig-29. Only the wing and tail looks abit similiar to F-16.

@Antibody I would like to congratulate you on putting such a wonderful, and useful resource together. I hope that making this information easily available(much better than the official online presence the PAF has) Inshallah helps making the JFT programme a bigger success internationally.

And I also have a suggestion to make. How about editing your first post in the Information Pool to provide a better description aimed at people who come here out of curiousity about the JFT. The current intro you have is from before the info pool became such a big hit, and it sounds a little bit like it's trying to justify the need for the info pool's existence in the first place.

And something else, that perhaps communicates the passion people feel towards this programme, the goals that the aircraft was meant to meet(Low cost, high performance 4th Gen Fighter, "the F-16 of the next generation"), and what an exciting level of work is being undertaken in many different directions. And how the info pool aims to provide a central repository for that.

Also, as a side note. Something like a wiki is much better suited to this. Each thread in the info pool is about a random topic, a wiki with differen pages for the radar, avionics, engine saga may be better suited in the long run.

Second that - it's an excellent effort the entire forum appreciates it.:yahoo::cheers:

thankyou for the kind comments guys!

the seniors used to say to the juniors ,to go through the different threads for getting the answers and i took a couple of weeks to read through the threads before my very first post in the intro thread --- however not many people have the same patience and they felt

[a] turned down ,when the seniors said ''go through different threads on the forum'' and trust me a lot of threads even now are untapped recources of info on jft due to numerous scattered posts by sir murad / jabbar/xman etc

and indian members felt it was a way by pak members to shrug off an ''uneasy'' question

I am not a professional nor have a mil. family background but i saw so many forums being corrupted by ignorant and arrogant posters regarding jft's info that i wanted to start off this thread

I have not posted any views from myself [other than videos] and have tried to shy away from most of the ''weak'' rumours from members with no credibility

The word info pool was made as i was trying to pool information from multiple members and threads without rewritting them

Initially i posted permalinks so that seniors dont feel i am copypasting them just to get thanks -- but after an upgrade all the links became nonfunctional for a couple of days and since then , i try to post the post and give credits at the end

Another thing to be noted is that i am the only person who went through the old threads , so i tried to post as much perma links that i could whenever i had some free time -posting perma links saved me time- going through 5 years worth of threads is unimaginable , when i look back , however it was necessary

You are right , i tried to justify the presence of info pool thread as it couldve been considered as ''another'' jft thread -- particularly if it had started to get spammed just like the main jft thread

However i really would love to edit the first posts of the info pool and fighter designs thread [to post an index] -- but the re-editing option ends in about 2 days -- a change i have seen after the latest forum upgrade

THE first post can be edited only by the admin / mods at the moment and they might update it after some time [a] on monthly basis if a bulk of credible info is collected rendering the already posted post1 info obsolete or very incomplete

The suggestion regarding posting of info and rewriting an article out of it is already being looked into by the researchers and thinktanks -- some of these articles are open for input by senior members .. eg my squadrons thread and arsalan's de-mining thread etc

I feel very happy when foriegn forums including chinese forums mention this thread aswell as my jft evolution video :azn:

First 4 posts will gradually be updated- in the first 4 posts we will try to make a nice intro after we decide the number/kind of headings we should have

if any one has some info or advice , kindly post on my wall

thanks!

iMGq7.jpg

Thunder is a multi role. Meaning every one of them could be thrust into different role as needed. They must have standardiztion. I do not believe, PAF will use different radars door different situations. They may cost a little bit more but standardization will reduce the future maintenance cost.

1. IFR: I forgot to mention the IFR. It will part of newer blocks. Infact China has already installed and tested it on A FC-1 and will be replicated on JF-17

2. RAM: Not at the moment

3.Redesigned Landing Gears: I do not see it at the moment. Thunder is LWF. Additional load will require a higher thrust engine and involve serious redesigning.

4. Multiple Launch Rails: Yes, that is quite possible

5. Improved RWR/ECM: Hear that it has been upgraded

6/ Arrester Hook: It does not and will not. This is a very special feature mostly reserved for Naval version. There is a hook present which is used for anchoring and towing like the F-16s we have. Also, it requires modification to not only the aircraft but modify the aircraft shelters. Very expensive and not necessary in my opinion. I do not see this option at all

7. Dual Seater: It is already in work. I have previously mentioned that the 2 seater is alredy in development but few members insisted that there will ot be any 2 seater for Thunder Lets wait another year before it comes out.

8.Satlink: Yes quite possible.
JF-17 Related Discussion - 2011

Back
Top Bottom