What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

^^PL-5E-II, maybe PL-9C, SD-10A, and AIM-9L/M...
maybe, just maybe A-Darter in block I and II as a part of 5th G missiles....
or chinese equivelant PL-ASR (status?)

F39Pf.jpg
7W18V.jpg
p3aMm.jpg
3QI6v.jpg
DJhBV.jpg
W6nRf.jpg
x63Us.jpg
jf-17gh.1298474900.jpg

can naone post whether pakistan will use darters on jf-17..or any indigenous equivalent/copy??
what A2A missles would be used in first 100 aircraft in addition to chinese sd-10 and aim 9
i guess klj-7 cant be integrated to fire aim 120??
chinese radar will cater to chinese AAM/AGMs

AirBus some thing special for you.
JF-17 HUD

jf-17hud.jpg

JF-17 HUD 2009

by nabil
The reason why we asked French for a customised spectra was the fact that JFT is already using pretty much a comprehensive EW suite comprising many sensors, jammers, etc so anything coming from France had to be better than the existing. French were too reluctant about that as Spectra is their state of the EW suite for Rafale, we asked a bit too much i guess .
Now about what i have heard about BLK 2 suite, it is as good as any modern EW out there, shares some EW, sensor fusion tech from FC-20/ J-10b and even a little from J-20. CAC has done a marvel of a job on blk 2 and PAF is anxious about its induction. We are already jumping on our blk 1s. You can guess the rest as i cant go further

credits wangrong

857600ff777a8f158d04ce0adcd00d49.jpg

1、UHF/VHF Communication antenna
2、Shortwave antenna
3、The omnidirectional synthesis radar warning locates /Self-defense electronic countermeasure system antenna
5f45597289abe625b0e6c4a98dd1a480.jpg

1、Digital electrostatic type atmosphere data pickoff
2、Incidence vane
3、AIFF Advanced friend-or-foe identification antenna

2f462a042785b1fc423abee975101c91.jpg

Electronics bay cooling air inlet

69b5d5794e89f3567b007bae749dca1b.jpg

MAW The missile approaches the warning system optical window

27_136179_85e969e32948bdb.jpg

thankyou sir!

credits munir for these pics below
jft
155841_119010024_5859610702e2e02c591db.jpg

f16
155841_45141736_5859056335f30caae0c1b.jpg

WOW ... :blink: They put NITROUS in it :undecided: ... it can turbo boost now :undecided: ... its even bigger then F-16's cylinder and it has even more space to put up another one :woot: ... HELLO ... PLEASE can some buddy care to explain what these pictures are about except available space for expansion etc ... Other wise I have full right to understand it as a Secret Internal weapon bay of JF-17, and go for a troll mission on some neighborly forum just like our friendly neighbors ... :lol:

Friends thankyou for your thanks -- this is what has kept us going------- however i would like to ask you to divert the questions , comments etc to the jft discussion thread4 as their presence here defeats the purpose of this thread.

regards

Refuelling system for Block-2 is confirmed.
:pakistan::pakistan:

sir pshamim
There has been a drive in Paf along with other branches of Pakistan's military to become self sufficient and free of dependence on any one country and China is supporting Pakistan in its quest. Setting up production facilities for Naval ships, submarines, it is also helping PAF. There has been news about TOT for J-10s and expansion of JF-17 programs.

PAF is reported to still hope to get western avionics for its block-2 JF-17s but has also decided to gradually involve local industries. When that happens, 80% of JF-17 Co-Production will be Pakistani. Another aspect of the JF-17 is that it is not limited to any one particular configuration, making it open to other configurations, avionics and weapons systems.

What is really heartening that PAF has not allowed to slow down JF-17 progress. Even the French refusal to provide avionics and weapons could not hurt but rather helped Pakistan. Pakistan has been working on many avionics including the KLJ-7 and Pakistan share in the production of this particular Radar has already reached at 80% level.

It is gratifying to note Chinese role in all this. But this also helps China free up space for the production of J-10, J-20 and many other aircrafts and systems.

We have to go by what Chinese have developed and where they are being installed. It is reported that J-10B has received the retractable probes and they are placed on the port side (not confirmed). If that is correct than we should see all new chinese aircrafts with the retractable probes which are highly advantagous.

I want to dispel any impression by my post above that JF-17 will get a retractable probe. Because of the weight issue, the probes could likely be fixed until JF-17 has a higher thrust ratio. With the current engine, retractable probes will hurt the performance.

Back
Top Bottom