What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps this is a new technology for Pakistan, we are not using it with any of our planes so PAF might go for a more reliable and familiar option! they wont want to relay on US for JF17 thats for sure as JF17 is good only when it comes to the point of an indegenious plane, we wont want to make it prone to sanctions,,,

Keymag:

Some latest info I got from my sources

- JF-17 has been fitted with IFR
- Most of the weapons in PAF's warehouse have been integrated
- from Pt-04, it is full FBW because of some aerodynamic changes which made it necessary.
- In the first batch,there wont be a dedicated station for a targeting pod. it will be fitted on a wing station instead
- targeting information can be shared via data link especially in a formation where not all the aircraft are fitted by one. A 'pathfinder' aircraft will have it and be data-linked to others.
- a FLIR may be installed in the nose (possibly at a later date )
- It can carry multiple items per station

Others
- Recently, some changes have been done to the Rudder as it developed some vibrations during aero-elastic tests
- In recent training/testing flights, PAF F-16 veteran pilots have been left stunned by what the JF-17 was able to do and getting the better of them.

can someone please posts the picz of JF-17s helmet mounted sight "HMS" ?? ;);)

and Sir munir the squadron with all these specs/changs will be operation by????

i wish we see them by end of this year, infact the first squadron was due in first quater of 2009!

Last edited by a moderator:
and Sir munir the squadron with all these specs/changs will be operation by????

i wish we see them by end of this year, infact the first squadron was due in first quater of 2009!

We will have them by the end of this year.

We should have had them by mid of this year but securing the finances and/or some delay in making sure the end product is up-to-mark delayed it by a couple of months.

any idea why the jf-17 is not equipped with a bubble canopy? similar to i.e. the F16

Does any one knows the exact Month and Date for the induction of the first Batch of JF-17 in PAF. If someone knows do share it with me.:enjoy:

any idea why the jf-17 is not equipped with a bubble canopy? similar to i.e. the F16

Bubble canopy has its advantages in terms of visibility but disadvantages in terms of drag, and cost. It also reduces yaw stability and affects spin resistance.

So my guess....reduce cost and because it was basically designed for only pitch instability (and hence only pitch FBW). For the same reason (cost) you do not see tinted canopies for PAF F-16 (except 2 golden and 4 tinted).

Because JF-17 design was mix of Mirage, F-16 and F-7 design that's why.

JF-17 a mix of Mirage? F-7? what exactly do you see similar there maybe they are flown by pilots, have wings and tails and tires?

If you look at the pictures of F-16 and the canceled Mig-33 project, you need not look any further from where the design inspiration:heritage came from.

aha that of course makes sense, thnx for the answers
any progress in arab acquirement of the jet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom