What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that JF-17 in its present form will be able to take on the MiG-29 SMT,MiG-29K & M2K-05, These are jets are just too good JF-17

JF-17 in its present form is a cheap replacement for aging fleet with BVR capability

Ohh yeah, JF-17 is crap.

A 2nd generation aircraft replacing 2nd generation aircraft, only difference it has just BVR capability.

I highly doubt that JF-17 in its present form will be able to take on the MiG-29 SMT,MiG-29K & M2K-05, These are jets are just too good JF-17

JF-17 in its present form is a cheap replacement for aging fleet with BVR capability

I double with you in this.

Mig-29 is in different league if compare to JF-17 and if we talk about IAF then they are upgraded to MIG-29SMT and so as M2K. Again all the IAF's Mirage 2000 is now upgrading to Mirage-2000-5 Mk 2.

If I am wrong here then I would appreciate some clarification.

when did i said that??? :what::what:

You didn't said that directly, but indirectly yeah may be, many others do the same, so you not the only one.

Last few pages are echoing with the same thing.

well personally when i knew that Jf-17 currently has prob with firing sd-10
i am very sad.:(

well personally when i knew that Jf-17 currently has prob with firing sd-10
i am very sad.:(
You are talking like you pushed that button???

BTW Can you please link to post so i can read it my self.

You are talking like you pushed that button???

BTW Can you please link to post so i can read it my self.

i knew it frm member of PDF in here

this is why first 50 jf-17 are for A2G role..

the french upgrade were supposed to make jf-17 for A2A role

bt now i think PAF will select italian AESA or KLJ-10 for the Jf-17 next variant

Last few pages are some what strange.

Every nation which has made a 3rd Gen fighter or more has atleast gone through a 5-10 year stage of development compromising from drawing board to final certification and production and then further improvements in them.

A 5-10 year stage for countries who had the full resources to make something.

While for us, it was a very hard path, full of problems and issues and lacked resources, but still we came up with something which is much decent compared to our whole current fleet.

Its just a new platform, still has a lot of potential of upgrade. Why can't people give it some space and room to improve itself.

I hear people say its a disappointment, PAF has deceived people and this and that, while they forget, we had issues in the engine deptt, radars, avionics, etc etc.

In spite of all these hurdles, we came up with a fighter which is small, has all the qualities of a 4th Gen, which is better then our nearly whole fleet in most of the categories, has great upgrade and improvement ability in its future.

What else you guys want ?? A 5th Gen ??

Western nations are not selling us aircraft or avionics due to different issues, those which are, either have some issues or very expensive, we have monetary issues and God knows what not.

Even with all issues, we came up with something which has much more capability then out current fleet and can become a very successful aircraft if seriousness is shown, which has been shown so far.

Anyhow, every weapon system has issues when being development, some come upto expectation and some don't, many times which don't later on become great systems, so give this JF-17 some time, let it be matured, its already better then what we have, who knows what this turns out to be in future.

bt now i think PAF will select italian AESA or KLJ-10 for the Jf-17 next variant

JF-17 is BVR capable, it can fire SD-10 from its current radar and guide it to its target.

The reason for having the first 50 JF-17s for ground attack role is because they are replacing 2 ground strike Sqds and joining a Tactical Wing, whose main job is ground attack.

In every airforce, there are mixed Sqds, for tactical bombing, SEAD/DEAD operations, Interceptor Sqds etc etc.

So the aircraft are utilized for that role.

JF-17 being multi role, so the first 50 have been utilized for replacing decades old ground attack fighters, the A-5s.

Similarly, when they will start replacing F-7s or Mirages, they will take up the job which were being performed by the ones it has replaced. So they will be configured to do as per their assigned roles.

People should understand this point.

JF-17 is fully BVR capable and it can fire SD-10s.

:hitwall: GOD DEMMNIT

how many times,these members have to assure u that current fleet of jf-17 having KLJ-7 multi mode radar which can guide more then one BVR missile at same time .
the key role of first jf17 sqd is for A2G role because it is replacing A5s that doesn't mean that they are blind of BVR capability.

when did i said that??? :what::what:

RAFALE GIRL:disagree:.
when some one says "VIVA LA FRANCE", so what do u expect, will that person like Jf-17.
she better like to call it JUNKYARD FIGHTER-17....Every time she closes her eyes or opens it, she see rafale standing on Chaklala's tarmac painted in PAF scheme.:lol:

Taimi,
It all has to do with the timing of jf-17 induction as IAF is inducting su-30's at the same time in same numbers forming their backbone as we are doing with jf-17 so everyone is comparing both rather than comparing jf-17 with mirage2k n mig29 ,thats y most of people are disappointed with jf-17 induction as everyone is looking for an aircraft which would b a direct match of su-30 n punches out the IAF supermacy, for them jf-17 is not making a sense thats y they are making such statements n getting dis hearted

Plus another thing to add in frustration is the MRCA deal , till our jf-17 will be inducted in required numbers IAF will be prepared for the delivery MRCA n they too will be matchless by jf-17

Jf-17 with french avionics created a lot of hope for people but now the deal is dead that might be the reasong for having doubts regarding its future effectiveness

People are expecting too much from jf-17 as its the only fighter getting inducted in PAF after long tym plus the ambiguity regarding j-10/fc-20 is also creating frustration

If PAF goes for some better platform which will be as capable as su-30 n MRCA (which is not looking possible atleast with a budget of just 5billion) people will thn start comparing jf-17 with the rest of the fleet of IAF which will comprise of migs,mirage2k n mig29

At the moment there are too much hopes resting on jf-17and people were expecting too much from PAF regarding the induction of 4.5 generation aircrafts during their modernization process,

Last edited:

Well I will, somewhat disagree....PAF would seek some upgrades or better versions of J-7 than its current F-7s (F-7 M think) if JF were only replacements. PAF would not compromise (as many of us believe), They just can't afford to do this given the IAF threat. It would be irrational to buy a goat to run against horses and PAF is not that insane IMHO. JF is a good Aircraft tell you.....its not only cheap but rational replacement. consider Replacing mirages with mirage 2000s (ideally speaking) and F-7s with Tornados (IMHO) or some other ACs. But What I see that PAF is now focusing on Trio. JF is indeed versatile and proved it self in WoT....Cheap things don't always mean low quality. BTW do check the reoutation of MIG-29s and you would find a reasonable evidence against your argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom