What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the AJT (dual seater JFT) will depend upon funds..i am pretty sure that slow rate is also related to lack of funds, in addition to other things

The Pakistani Navy carries the
Harpoon missile on its naval
frigates and P-3C Orions.
The Harpoon has also been
adapted for carriage on the
F-16 Fighting Falcon , in
operation with the U.S. Air
Force, Singapore, South Korea ,
Taiwan, and the United Arab
Emirates . It has been carried
by several U.S. Navy aircraft,
including the P-3 Orion patrol
plane, the A-6 Intruder , the
S-3 Viking, the AV-8B Harrier
II, and the F/A-18 Hornet .
Pakistan also have exocet on Agosta class subs,Atlantic and Mairages 5 Naval Attach role jets....
JF-17 has not the capability to fire any of mentioned missile...
it currently can fire C-802 anti-ship missile..
after retirement of Mairage 5 it is hoped that Exocet missiles carried with them will be integrated with JFT and JFT will be induced for anti-ship role......:coffee:
F-16 will be used with Harpoon missiles if ever be required...but chances are negligible as PAF don't have harpoon missiles,Harpoons and exocet both are posessed by Pakistan Navy....:chill:
r u sure??

After navel mirages, i dont really think the jft with china tech can fire n operate western missiles as the french avionics package was canceled.....
But my question is that....as we know that it will be mirages who will get replaced by PN through jft, so what will existing weapons of western origin will do?

Only 5,6 P3C Orion A/C type platform enough?

Besides
f-16 is not realistic as it is main plane so it will be used for main sky defence purpose n r very very limited.

r u sure??

After navel mirages it dont really think the jft with china tech can fire n operate western missiles as the french avionics package was canceled.....
But my question is that....as we know that it will be mirages who will get replaced by PN through jft, so what will existing weapons of western origin will do?

Besides
f-16 is not realistic as it is main plane so it will be used for main sky defence purpose n r very very limited.

why can't???:unsure:
if needed it would be integrated....
if PN will not be satisfied with C-802 series then surely would be...
Brazallian Mar-1 and American missiles will surely be integrated specially American BVRs..
Atlantic also can fires exoect......

r u sure??

After navel mirages it dont really think the jft with china tech can fire n operate western missiles as the french avionics package was canceled.....

Besides

what about the Cm-400 AKG

why can't???:unsure:
if needed it would be integrated....
if PN will not be satisfied with C-802 series then surely would be...
Brazallian Mar-1 and American missiles will surely be integrated specially American BVRs..
Atlantic also can fires exoect......
atlantique was french itself........
Mar-1 is anti radar land attack missile(i think), it will be used to take out enemy radars n r also 500-600 in numbers which is again is limited.

can this china's tech on a/c really fire harpoon-exocet can really let go American BVRs......it cant comunicate wilth SAAB 2000 AWACS, thats why we got ZDKs from china n stationed in karachi for defence of sea n sindh.

atlantique was french itself........
Mar-1 is anti radar land attack missile(i think), it will be used to take out enemy radars n r also 500-600 in numbers which is again is limited.

can this china's tech on a/c really fire harpoon-exocet can really let go American BVRs......it cant comunicate wilth SAAB 2000 AWACS, thats why we got ZDKs from china n stationed in karachi for defence of sea n sindh.

I think Western and US weapons can be integrated on JF-17, as from the start JF-17 was perceived and design to incorporate technologies as and when required. That's the reason that JF-17 uses MIL-STD-1553B Data bus architecture. Its software is also written in C language.

MIL-STD-1553 is a military standard published by the United States Department of Defense that defines the mechanical, electrical, and functional characteristics of a serial data bus. It was originally designed for use with military avionics, but has also become commonly used in spacecraft on-board data handling (OBDH) subsystems, both military and civil. It features a dual redundant balanced line physical layer, a (differential) network interface, time division multiplexing, half-duplex command/response protocol, and up to 31 remote terminals (devices).

So software interface to communicate with AWACS as well as western weapons can also be developed in-house. Only hurdle is political issues and restrictions. If Brazilian MAR-1 can be integrated so can other goodies also (when ofcourse their manufacturers have no objections)

I think Western and US weapons can be integrated on JF-17, as from the start JF-17 was perceived and design to incorporate technologies as and when required. That's the reason that JF-17 uses MIL-STD-1553B Data bus architecture. Its software is also written in C language.

MIL-STD-1553 is a military standard published by the United States Department of Defense that defines the mechanical, electrical, and functional characteristics of a serial data bus. It was originally designed for use with military avionics, but has also become commonly used in spacecraft on-board data handling (OBDH) subsystems, both military and civil. It features a dual redundant balanced line physical layer, a (differential) network interface, time division multiplexing, half-duplex command/response protocol, and up to 31 remote terminals (devices).

So software interface to communicate with AWACS as well as western weapons can also be developed in-house. Only hurdle is political issues and restrictions. If Brazilian MAR-1 can be integrated so can other goodies also (when ofcourse their manufacturers have no objections)
they r now the property of pak so i dont think any objection is valid.
i dont know much about MIL-STD-1553B Data bus architecture but i can say that if french avionics package was present in this a/c then there would have been chance. But with China tech based on Russia.Well i have good reason to doubt if it really can fire exocet or harpoon.

they r now the property of pak so i dont think any objection is valid.
i dont know much about MIL-STD-1553B Data bus architecture but i can say that if french avionics package was present in this a/c then there would have been chance. But with China tech based on Russia.Well i have good reason to doubt if it really can fire exocet or harpoon.

Off-course Brother,

Jf-17 is the property of Pakistan but not the avionics and weapon system you want to integrate. For example, MAR-1 is a Brazilian Missile, if they are selling it to Pakistan, there must be some "End User Agreement". That is why Pakistan prefer Chinese system because there are very few strings attached.
MIL-1553 is a data-bus protocol. Protocol is a set of rules which ensure how data will be communicated between two parties (or devices as in IT terminology). So if there is to be communication between two devices, there have to be some kind of Protocols which both support. If you google about MAR-1, it supports MIL-1553 protocol, and that is why it is integrated with JF-17 (as JF-17 main mission computer is based on this standard i.e. MIL-1553).

Now as Pakistan operate different radars of Chinese as well as US origin. Presenting the data in an integrated way require some software and hardware effort. Here comes the C4I, like developed by Air weapon complex. It displays real time information collected from a number of sensors and radars (both ground and AWACS)

Off-course Brother,

Jf-17 is the property of Pakistan but not the avionics and weapon system you want to integrate. For example, MAR-1 is a Brazilian Missile, if they are selling it to Pakistan, there must be some "End User Agreement". That is why Pakistan prefer Chinese system because there are very few strings attached.
MIL-1553 is a data-bus protocol. Protocol is a set of rules which ensure how data will be communicated between two parties (or devices as in IT terminology). So if there is to be communication between two devices, there have to be some kind of Protocols which both support. If you google about MAR-1, it supports MIL-1553 protocol, and that is why it is integrated with JF-17 (as JF-17 main mission computer is based on this standard i.e. MIL-1553).

Now as Pakistan operate different radars of Chinese as well as US origin. Presenting the data in an integrated way require some software and hardware effort. Here comes the C4I, like developed by Air weapon complex. It displays real time information collected from a number of sensors and radars (both ground and AWACS)
So keeping in view the above mentioned jft technically can fire exocet n harpoon.

So then why did we had modified harpoon to be a ground attack missile too ??

So keeping in view the above mentioned jft technically can fire exocet n harpoon.

So then why did we had modified harpoon to be a ground attack missile too ??

the air launched C802AK is comparable to Harpoon Block 1. so no need of any modifications.

AFM FEB ISSUE

AirShow China 2012

'as in 2010, the Pakistan Air Force brought along three JF-17 Thunder fighters. the JF-17 is designed in China, but 58% of its components are manufactured in Pakistan - one pilot described the JF-17 as "the Pride of Pakistan"'.

Gordon Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom