What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to fulfill our need first and pac just wasting time n money for marketing, production rate under 25 per annum , we are talking something beyond 2018 when technology will be far superior n change as compare to now so we need to mass produce and improve to attract customers

apologies if posted before.....
553708_272427749536803_906255173_a.jpg

It's about time we have a professional videography marketing video of JFT I/II like for Gripen and EF Typhoon.
the guys cant even sync/update the specs of jft on various sites, how can they have the foresight to make an international standard video based on gripen ng demo video etc

designing, building,evaluating,upgrading,integrating... and marketing all are done by a single entity in pakistan

the marketing guys have really let us down.. look at the other 4rth gen fighter demos, where they have shown hypothetical war videos against enemy top notch fighters and our marketing cant even make a basic computerized demo video with basic info

the videos made by fans are far better than what I hope paf will come up with in the near future

the guys cant even sync/update the specs of jft on various sites, how can they have the foresight to make an international standard video based on gripen ng demo video etc

designing, building,evaluating,upgrading,integrating... and marketing all are done by a single entity in pakistan

the marketing guys have really let us down.. look at the other 4rth gen fighter demos, where they have shown hypothetical war videos against enemy top notch fighters and our marketing cant even make a basic computerized demo video with basic info

the videos made by fans are far better than what I hope paf will come up with in the near future

I am willing to throw in $5000 who else would throw in cash to hire some professional air videographer plus pay [if that's what they want] PAF to take C-130 Up for special shots of "Thunder".

Also need to know the specific Department regarding this because frankly PAF website needs alot of rework. Sheikh only see videos walah the planes land the next month. Technically it is the marketing department's duty to make a professional video and they've been paid for it already.

It's about time we have a professional videography marketing video of JFT I/II like for Gripen and EF Typhoon.

Happens in many other defence firms... Exact and accurate info of their product is not available in Public domain,but interested parties are given full info...

IMO, there is a lot of work that still needs to be done on JF-17. Lot of testing, training and evaluation. It is still a very young program by any standard and PAF should invest all the time required/necessary to study and exploit the full potential of this platform. Even the seasoned super doper F22, JSF are still facing issues with integration/performance so we must be patient in this critical aspect.

Once PAF has spent this critical time into this program and have produced enough units to satisfy its operational requirements only then they should worry about its export and sales. It is indeed a very good program but we should have experience on this ourself before we offer this for export. Plus if i am not mistaken then isn't the sole purpose of this program to fulfil our requirements first and foremost? Why worry about exporting it to other counteries ..

I am willing to throw in $5000 who else would throw in cash to hire some professional air videographer plus pay [if that's what they want] PAF to take C-130 Up for special shots of "Thunder".

Also need to know the specific Department regarding this because frankly PAF website needs alot of rework. Sheikh only see videos walah the planes land the next month. Technically it is the marketing department's duty to make a professional video and they've been paid for it already.

The men in blue are at it ........... again :undecided:

Last I heard our chief was trying to sell them by the dozens; some where after making silly comments about GIS.
and before that he was trying to sell them because they were cheap
NOT because they were worthy.

My suggestion is to let the Chineese deal with this.
They will do a far better job then M.I.B !

AFM FEB ISSUE

AirShow China 2012

'as in 2010, the Pakistan Air Force brought along three JF-17 Thunder fighters. the JF-17 is designed in China, but 58% of its components are manufactured in Pakistan - one pilot described the JF-17 as "the Pride of Pakistan"'.

Gordon Arthur

Happens in many other defence firms... Exact and accurate info of their product is not available in Public domain,but interested parties are given full info...

The men in blue are at it ........... again :undecided:

Last I heard our chief was trying to sell them by the dozens; some where after making silly comments about GIS.
and before that he was trying to sell them because they were cheap
NOT because they were worthy.

My suggestion is to let the Chineese deal with this.
They will do a far better job then M.I.B !

JFT II production has started ??? What are the upgrades ????

My suggestion is to let the Chineese deal with this. They will do a far better job then M.I.B !

I Think Chinese Aviation Marketers also need to learn They need to actively market FC-1/JF-17 and stop selling J-7/F-7s, To me it is a marketing blunder to the sales of FC-1/JF-17 when China offered F-7BGIs to BAF, when BAF approached China, They should have plainly refused and offered FC-1 instead.

I Think Chinese Aviation Marketers also need to learn They need to actively market FC-1/JF-17 and stop selling J-7/F-7s, To me it is a marketing blunder to the sales of FC-1/JF-17 when China offered F-7BGIs to BAF, when BAF approached China, They should have plainly refused and offered FC-1 instead.

Just like in someother fields China is ahead of us in the field of business.
Your concern about JFT not being offered instead, is valid.

But let's just try to walk a mile in their shoes.
They target a market and then manufacture a stuff according to the demand.
If the material is available on the shelf.And the buyer is lacking in the purchasing power.They provide assistance with soft loans.They will only invest to the extent they suppose they'll be able to get back in return & not a single more penny is added to any project,that is of no use or is unable to find a market.

Now how can someone defeat such an offer?

F-7BGI is economical and is a stop gap solution for BAF.For the time being it will fulfill the empty strips of Kurmitola or Chittagong (aimed at Myanmar).

With JFT/FC-1 they(chinese) might need to share the profits,clear any concerns that PAF might have & convince the Bangladeshi side as it was not their first choice.

So,why should they bother and miss out on a nice business?

You guys are being impatient - it's entirely unnecessary - - There is not enough public information about the JFT, perhaps there are valid reasons for that, at this time. And since we don't have a great deal of information, we cannot justify this impatience

Hi,

The problem of JF-17 for export markets is two fold.

First, it's about the assembly line. China doesn't have one for large production, and PAC is already full.

Second, JF-17's engine is RD93/33 from Russia. It took considerable effort from both, Pakistan AND China to negotiate the engines from Russia. What is the guarantee that the next export customer, say Egypt can do the same? Plus in recent times China has come under criticism from Russia for copying their fighters and thus taking over export market.

I believe as long as RD93 powers JF-17, export is still a distant goal.

So keeping in view the above mentioned jft technically can fire exocet n harpoon.

So then why did we had modified harpoon to be a ground attack missile too ??

come on...:omghaha:
we modified a ship launched attacked version of harpoon and made it more dangerous...:lol:
Harpoon is basically a ship launched anti-ship missile....
here are it's varients..
Fixed-wing aircraft (the
AGM-84 , without the solid-
fuel rocket booster)
Surface ships (the
RGM-84 , fitted with a solid-
fuel rocket booster that
detaches when expended, to
allow the missile's main
turbojet to maintain flight)
Submarines (the UGM-84 ,
fitted with a solid-fuel rocket
booster and encapsulated in
a container to enable
submerged launch through a
torpedo tube);
Coastal defense batteries,
from which it would be fired
with a solid-fuel rocket
booster.
Pakistan have both air launcher version and ship launcher version..
Pakistan modified ship launched defensive harpoon and converted it into offensive attach varient....:coffee:

Hi,

The problem of JF-17 for export markets is two fold.

First, it's about the assembly line. China doesn't have one for large production, and PAC is already full.

Second, JF-17's engine is RD93/33 from Russia. It took considerable effort from both, Pakistan AND China to negotiate the engines from Russia. What is the guarantee that the next export customer, say Egypt can do the same? Plus in recent times China has come under criticism from Russia for copying their fighters and thus taking over export market.

I believe as long as RD93 powers JF-17, export is still a distant goal.

and the export version will be called FC-1 with 100% chinese OE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom