What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am talking about the picture in post # 305---one of the planes is inverted and the other you see from topside.

Sir, the pictures shown in my reply at post# 305 are of the same plane. Top side has Pak-China color scheme, while the under side is fully in Pak Star-Crescent color scheme. Its the 07-001 JF-17

The pic in Google is of the 10-111 JF-17, which was displayed in Nov 2010, the first one which was assembled and made in Pakistan, that is the only plane which has Star-Crescent on the top side.

Please, correct me if i'm wrong:
the first JFT rolled out of Kamra had 09-111 serial number!

Sir, the pictures shown in my reply at post# 305 are of the same plane. Top side has Pak-China color scheme, while the under side is fully in Pak Star-Crescent color scheme. Its the 07-001 JF-17

The pic in Google is of the 10-111 JF-17, which was displayed in Nov 2010, the first one which was assembled and made in Pakistan, that is the only plane which has Star-Crescent on the top side.

Dear,

Thanks for the correction, you are correct, Both picture are of 07-001, from 23rd march parade. Sorry to all, but it was honest mistake as i was looking for 09-111 picture from top, but I couldn't find any, and side pictures were useless for comparison.

As Batman pointed out, the action tail number is 09-111 and not 10-111, my bad, apologies.

Anyhow, The google image clearly shows top side of the ALL-GREEN 09-111 airframe, since the crescent is clearly visible on wings while the crescent on 07-001 was only on tail of the top side.

PS: I also believe that the Red-Green version was repainted to standard Grey-Camo since I sharply remember a picture of 07-001 with standard grey scheme in some 2009 post. Can't post the picture here now, since it will take too much time to find the exact one amongst the thousands of picture, which exponentially grew post Farnborough static display.

Sorry again for stupid mistakes.

Regards,
Sapper

Yarrr here is 10-111, Problem solved.
Carring+the+Flag.jpg

In the article they are saying that JF-17 will replace Mirages in 5th squadron (falcons). IIRC the 5th squadron was going to induct Block 52s (this would mean that the 5th squadrons new home would be shahbaz airbase.)

Last edited:
Well it has nothing new, all the info which we already know, rather the article has a few irregularities, like Grifo-7 radar being used instead of the KLJ-7 in reality, and then the number of sqds (planes to be inducted by 2012). The sanctions date being quoted wrong.

But overall a good attempt to get together all the known info in a good format.

In the article they are saying that JF-17 will replace Mirages in 5th squadron (falcons). IIRC the 5th squadron was going to induct Block 52s (this would mean that the 5th squadrons new home would be shahbaz airbase.)
You're right, No.5 is getting the Block-52s...there are other errors in the article as well, such as no mention of KLJ-7.

i hav question about air intake wat is that and wat they do in air craft ?

advantage and disvantage ?

You're right, No.5 is getting the Block-52s...there are other errors in the article as well, such as no mention of KLJ-7.

Perhaps the number of squarden by the end of this year is also an error?

@air marshal
last page of the scanned document; can anyone recognize the CAD application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom