What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
reposting this news, because it says a lot more than JFT.
What, I'm wondering the most is that, how can Pakistan sell with Russian engine?

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...sale-of-jf-17-thunder-jets-to-start-next-year
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has decided to start sale of state of the art JF-17 Thunder combat jets developed in collaboration with China to other countries from next year.
According to sources, a sum of $100 million has also been released to Pakistan Ordinance Factories Wah in connection with up-gradation of its machinery.
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra has carried out up-gradation of Cobra Helicopters presently under the use of army besides installing high tech system therein. Pakistan will also import modern helicopters from Turkey. The Ministry of Defence Production sources said as many as 42 JF-17 Thunder planes have been developed so far under joint venture with China. The Pakistan Air Force has been assigned target of exporting 5 to 7 JF-17 Thunder planes next year and discussions in this regard are under way with Sri Lanka, Kuwait, Qatar and other friendly countries.
The Ministry of Defence Production officials have expressed optimism that Pakistan would succeed in exporting these modern planes during the next year.
The sources said Heavy Industries Taxila has manufactured prototype of Buraq vehicle to defuse land mines and remote control explosive material.
It has also been learnt that Pakistan is continuing dialogue process with Turkey to acquire T 120 high tech helicopters from the latter. Pakistan is also endeavouring to launch a joint venture with Turkey with reference to manufacturing of these helicopters. If both the countries don't agree over it then Pakistan will execute agreement with Turkey to purchase these helicopters.
The sources said that PAC Kamra has refurbished several helicopters being used by Army Aviation. Pakistan has acquired these helicopters from the US and they have now been upgraded. Modern technology has been installed therein while the US voiced its concern over it.

reposting this news, because it says a lot more than JFT.
What, I'm wondering the most is that, how can Pakistan sell with Russian engine?

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...sale-of-jf-17-thunder-jets-to-start-next-year

I don't see much of an issue with it, if the reports are true, the Chinese have a big stockpile of these engines, they have been paid for and will be used, right?
If Indian lobby couldn't block it's sale to Pakistan, I don't see much of an issue with it going to Lanka or some other nation.

Unless of course the Chinese engine is now mature enough to be used in production models.

I don't see much of an issue with it, if the reports are true, the Chinese have a big stockpile of these engines, they have been paid for and will be used, right?
If Indian lobby couldn't block it's sale to Pakistan, I don't see much of an issue with it going to Lanka or some other nation.

Unless of course the Chinese engine is now mature enough to be used in production models.

What is the conclusion of your post? Chinese or Russian engine?

We all know India tried to block engine sale to even Pakistan, China had RD-93 in stock, even than!
Bottom line, no one can resale Russian engine, without its prior permission and don't expect Indians to stand back, and not play its cards.

Araz,

This news does not make any sense. Pakistan has hardly fulfilled it's needs and it is saying to export JF-17?
Hi.
A lot of things in Pakistan do not make sense but at some stage they have to start exporting. Besides in our current economic climate the more we export the better it is for us. Also current lull in Indo Pak sabre rattling means PAF might have a bit more time to firm up block 2 if not for export then at Least for itself. As such it does make sense to fulfil an export demand whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Guys seems like Block-2 is here ....

1093_3653414351437_160127045_n.jpg

Where is the refueling probe then, if indeed this is JF-17 Block II? You may well be right. But I think we need a bit more information.

Where is the refueling probe then, if indeed this is JF-17 Block II? You may well be right. But I think we need a bit more information.

It may not be block-II at all. As such there would be small improvements in Block-I production as well(just as there were in programs such as the F-16) and these may be external or internal.

i could be wrong but it looks doctored, the spine/ mid fuselage resembles that of a J-10 :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom