What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Only in your dreams.
Pakistan military faces an even bigger delay problem as seen in its efforts to replace 43 year old Type-21 frigates or the replacement of 40 year old Mirages or the slow rate of Al-Khalid production or the fact that Pakistan started its new submarine accquisition program in 2005-6 but will only receive the first sub in 2023, a huge delay.
Pakistan's financial stability is the root cause of our delays. Otherwise, Pakistan would've even found a replacement for F-16. Look at the JF-17 program, as long as the government pumps the capital into the project, we haven't seen or heard of any delays and the project has achieved more milestones in the past decade than Tejas in the past 3 decades. No dck measuring here but India's procurement system is highly rigged. Almost all of our major procurement projects are/were hit by financial constraints including the submarine procurement. Allow us financial stability and you'll witness a tremendous growth in procurement as well as indigenization of military hardware.

Well, I showed patience to a certain level but enough of that. Listen all dipshits who are abusing me here, once and for all. I m a Pakistani, through snd through. Stating a different opinion or viewpoint is a normal behavior. Try to live with that unless I abuse you which you did and crossed the line. I know how to swear too, better than most of you limp schlongs!
As of positive ID, there r ways too. If you wanna come n meet me, u r welcome here in Karachi. If u really mean business, give me a personal msg and tie up.
OK I am from Karachi tell me where to meet. We have no problems with opinions just like Mr Mast an as he has very harsh opinion against Pat but it's an opinion on debatable items... What you are talking about is something tangible and is against all the available evidence... You have nothing to backup your claim in fact in your initial posts you were calling Sd10a as pl10 which is entirely incorrect... Sd10a correct designation is pl12 whereas Sd10a is export variant of pl12...

So from all your posts you seems to be a false flagger as you are debating something tangible without proof

Can we talk about Jf 17 rather than a troll...i have read last 10 pages...they are all about his claims that sd10 is not operational....plz move on to better discussions..
P.s. Love bilal comments on quwa and here...i am hooked...

Ultimately 18 sq are not enough to deal with massive IAF and IN naval air arm

PAF will need to up the number of squadron

It will also need to add 2 sq of quality fighter

OK I am from Karachi tell me where to meet. We have no problems with opinions just like Mr Mast an as he has very harsh opinion against Pat but it's an opinion on debatable items... What you are talking about is something tangible and is against all the available evidence... You have nothing to backup your claim in fact in your initial posts you were calling Sd10a as pl10 which is entirely incorrect... Sd10a correct designation is pl12 whereas Sd10a is export variant of pl12...

So from all your posts you seems to be a false flagger as you are debating something tangible without proof
Inbox me ur contact number etc for a possible subsequent meet/ phone call!

PAF needs a force of full strength 32 Sqdrons to make a effective impact against IAF+IN Air arms.

January 10/18: Exports-Nigeria, Myanmar

Nigerian budget documents for 2018 show that three JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft will be procured
external.png
from the Chengdu Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, making it the first export purchaser of the fighter to be publicly named. $36 million has been earmarked as partial payment for the purchase, and will also include support equipment and spares. While no official announcement has been names, a Pakistani air force official told FlightGlobal at last year’s Paris Air Show that a “contract had been signed” with an Asian country, and Chinese social media have shown a JF-17 in Myanmar air force markings, and the junta are expected to add 16 models to their inventory. Nigeria is also expected to buy two AgustaWestland AW109 helicopters in 2018, as well as undergoing depot maintenance for two Dassault Alpha Jets and a Lockheed Martin C-130H.

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/stuck-in-sichuan-pakistani-jf17-program-grounded-02984/

China Introduces New AESA Radar for FC-1 Fighter Jet

BEIJING, Nov. 22 (ChinaMil) -- The China Central Television (CCTV) recently broadcast a story introducing the new radars developed by the No.14 Research Institute of China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETGC), which is considered as the birthplace of China's radar industry.

Through the show and the recent public information, we may discover that the radars developed by that institute cover land, sea, air and space platforms.

In terms of functions, the radars include airborne fire control radar, air-based early warning radar, anti-aircraft, anti-missile, gun detection and other fields.

A number of the familiar large equipment and many new models such as Chinese domestic aircraft carriers, new destroyers and anti-stealth radar are inextricably linked with this institute. Some of the exported models also passed real combat tests in foreign countries.

Advanced radar boosts FC-1 Xiaolong's combat capacity

The show first reported the light active phased array radar used to improve the FC-1 Xiaolong fighter jet. The radar can track multiple batches of maneuvering targets over more than 100 kilometers.

Although CCTV did not disclose the model of the radar, according to the information previously disclosed at the Zhuhai Air Show, this type of airborne radar should be KLJ-7A active phased array fire control radar with a detection range of about 170 kilometers. It is based on KLJ-7 model with active phased array technology.

An anonymous military expert said that with the active phased array technology, the detection range of FC-1 Xiaolong has reached or even exceeded that of the J-11B heavy fighter jet which uses flat-panel crack antenna pulse doppler radar.

The anti-jamming performance and the anti-reconnaissance performance of the new radar are much better compared with that of the mechanical scanning radar on the third-generation fighter jet.

The new radar has similar performance with F-35 strike fighter's radar. FC-1 Xiaolong fighter jet with the new radar may have a certain extent of advantage at mid-range confrontation with the F-16C / D fighting falcon (not equipped with active phased array radar) and even the basic F-15C / D heavy eagle fighter.

The latest models of Chinese fighter jets such as J-20, J-16, J-10 and J-11 series have used the active phased array radar.

Thanks to its larger nose, more transceivers can be installed to improve the detection distance. High-end fighters equipped with these radars are bound to have more new technologies, more modes, and better performance.

http://www.deagel.com/news/China-Introduces-New-AESA-Radar-for-FC-1-Fighter-Jet_n000017185.aspx

Detection Range is always way less than conventional range of a radar. So, detection range of 170km means its general range is more than that.

"Comparison with current Radar installed on SU-30Mki"

N011M has a search range of 400 km and a tracking range of 200 km, with 60 km in the rear in the air-to-air mode. Detection range fighter type MIG-29 in area of review of over 300 sq. deg: - on towards course - up to 140 km; - in pursuit of - up to 60 km. Up to 15 air targets can be tracked at once in track while scan mode with 4 of these engaged at once

I know this is little irrelevant to thread. Some kind of strategy is explained in this piece of video from Shaheen 6 exercise.

Can JF17 BLkIII carry PL15?
I think yes. Some R&D below from an online source.

Andreas Rupprecht has explained it in context of J-11B jet.

"While the J-11B's radar may not have the range to use the PL-15 to its maximum range, it can receive the location of distant enemy fighters from a KJ-2000 airborne early warning control (AEWC) aircraft, fire the PL-15 and let the PL-15's advanced radar guide the missile, with course corrections from the KJ-2000 AEWC, all without turning on the J-11B's radar (and giving away its position)."
Andreas Rupprecht

@CombatSurgeon can you tell me that why you think that JF can't fire SD-10 what your source or just your assumption remember JF have a radar of j-10 (scale down) which compatible of firing SD-10/PL-12 think logically Mr @CombatSurgeon :angry:
Can we just not waste time on this and move on? The Fake news of this year.

Then tell us the reson why you think sd-10 is not operational with jf-17 p, have you a inner source from PAF that tell you that sd-10 is not operational with jf-17 and by the klj-7 for block1 has a range of 105 km and sd-10 range was 80 km, and klj-7v2 range is 130-140 km whereas sd-10a range is 100+ km can easily integrated on jf-17 radar and avionics and remember that klj-7 radar is based on j-10 radar which already using sd-10 as its weapon why you farting here now and think logically you Mr insane @CombatSurgeon
Some correction here, the detection range of KLJ-7V2 is more than 170KM(for a 5sqm target), and it's supposed to guide PL15 not to mention SD10A.

With similar range, the size of KLJ-7V2 is smaller than APG-81.

I can't wait to see JF17 BLkIII with Pl15.

With AESA radar and VLRAAM, even a light platform like JF17 can give su30 MKI a bloody nose.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom