What's new

Leaked info about J20, AC and 055 destroyer of PLA!

rcrmj

Reaction score
Country
China
AC 001A has high possibility to appear in 2015

055 has started construction
it has two phases; phase A and phase B
its combat displacement is 12,000 metric tons

engines; 4 QC280, gas turbine Hybrid Electric propulsion system for phase A, and phase B is integrated electric propulsion (IEP) system

no rail gun or any sort of plasma gun```but do have a laser device (he did not specify)
its Third Gen dual bands AESA is a class of its own, not even the AMDR specially designed for Arleight Burke Flight III can match its capability

has 96-112 units of VLS
new long range anti-air missile
, much more capable than HQ-9
Long range cruise missile

J-20 No.2015 is very close to final condition,
J-20 doesnt use Russian 99M2 as most foreign 'experts' and Russia media claimed
it uses improved third gen turbofan, domestic
phase A wont have WS-15 but domestic improved third gen turbofan, Max 14.3 metric tons thrusts
phase B will be fit with WS-15

J-20 deployment version will have soft laser weapon, not to shoot down a plane or kill a ground target, but to 'kill' infrared guided missiles

``pretty awesome i believe``!

Last edited:
All truth !:-) im waiting for 055 with 96 VLS cells.

The Type 055A will have 112 VLS cells.

Not all that surprised that J-20 uses a derivative of the WS-10A engine.

2 * 14.3 ton thrust engines should allow the aircraft a decent amount of power before the WS-15 is ready for installation post 2020.

If the J-20A will be inducted by the end of 2015, then the J-20B will be inducted around 2018-2019.

I reckon 2015 is going to be another crazy year for Chinese defence fans, and will definitely top 2014!

2014 was a disappointment with the exception of the HJ-12, Updated FC-31 prototype, Zhuhai show. Type 055 was moved backed, no Z-20 pics, no AC 001A. I'm excited that this year will be more reveals, 2015-2016 will be the years China makes breakthroughs in Turbofan technology.

front 8x8, back 6x8 VLS cells ? or front 6x8, back 6x8 VLS cells ?
Now we didn't know how many until to real type055 out, as far as i read the Chinese military expert only said near 100x VLS cells on type055 ... so i think maybe 96x .

They were giving a brief number, but the exact number should be 112.

2014 was a disappointment with the exception of the HJ-12, Updated FC-31 prototype, Zhuhai show. Type 055 was moved backed, no Z-20 pics, no AC 001A. I'm excited that this year will be more reveals, 2015-2016 will be the years China makes breakthroughs in Turbofan technology.

Wrong,wrong,wrong。

2014 is the year during which a solid foundation was laid for the accelerated modernization of the PLA in the coming decade。

One needs to focus on things that more than meets the eyes。 :enjoy:

Wrong,wrong,wrong。

2014 is the year during which a solid foundation was laid for the accelerated modernization of the PLA in the coming decade。

One needs to focus on things that more than meets the eyes。 :enjoy:
We dont want to see or know foundation. We want to see operational and final product :P

Regarding Warship building in China 2014.

Well, I can see why some members here feel a little frustrated, probably because not many large surface combatants were commissioned into the Chinese Navy. Though a large number of smaller vessels such as the 056 Corvette were made active.

2014, was surprising in that there were no 054A Frigate commissioning's, as it appeared that the outfitting of the last few vessels was taking quite a bit longer than earlier vessels in the class..................anyway it seems that these ships should be made active throughout 2015, and early 2016. Plus work started on the 21st and 22nd ships!
Remember no 054A's were commissioned in 2009 I believe...............its just the way the timescales work out.

Destroyers..........umm the 1st 052D took everyone by surprise by being commissioned in March of last year..........rather than towards the end of the year as was expected..........it goes to show the Chinese can when they want , turnaround the build of warships very quickly when required.
On the other hand the last 2 052C's have taken an age to be completed (well commissioned into the Navy actually), and we still have to wait sometime this year to see the 6th and final vessel join the fleet.

We therefore had 2 Destroyers join the fleet in 2014, 1 x 052D and 1 x 052C, and to supplement this we have seen some rather fast work at 'JN' shipyard, in launching new 052D Destroyers, in fact they have got it down to as little as 4+ months in between launchings of Destroyers. Plus apparently build of 052D Destroyers had also started at Dalian shipyard.

Also build on another 071 Amphibious ship has been seen!

Anyway, the real good news was to see the first images of the 055 'Beast'.............and hopefully later this year we will see images of the build of this vessel. This is the Chinese ship which will make other Navies really take notice, if they havnt already!
Plus........from now to 2020.........we should see China start work on its big ships.........ie carriers, LPD's or LPH's and also a new Frigate class.

So, 2014 was only disappointing from the fact that the ship build timescales in that year, didn't allow many major surface combatants to become active............but a lot of big ships are under construction now! :-)

If the J-20A will be inducted by the end of 2015, then the J-20B will be inducted around 2018-2019.

impossible, there are few works to be done```90% of techs applied on J-20 are new (from 360 degree all around sensor system to weapons and from its state of art avionics to soft defence system etc````), it needs more time to smooth and test all of them

maybe anti drone type tested on land?

great defence system
he did not specify any details``as that would cross the line to break security protocol :D

Back
Top Bottom