What's new

Limited War Possible: Indian Army Chief Kapoor

:rofl: they have a mouse heart

:wave: :agree: yes we do and this is exactly what i have been trying to make my fellow countrymen understand but they seem a bit stupid too.anyways you would not mind coming to india especially my place mr SHER DIL.:P.

Cold start doesn't give time for you to assemble a nuke

and you think those who can build a nuclear programe which has manufactured more nukes then ur programe(as per latest western reports) doesn't have the brains to counter this COLD START DOCTRINE?

or in your "WISE" opinion the so called cold start doctrine is the ultimate solution to denuclearize pakistan? if it were so, then my dear ISRAEL, USA and all those who don't want a nuclear pakistan would have done that already, now please don't tell me that they are not as capable and genious as indians.

and you think those who can build a nuclear programe which has manufactured more nukes then ur programe(as per latest western reports) doesn't have the brains to counter this COLD START DOCTRINE?

or in your "WISE" opinion the so called cold start doctrine is the ultimate solution to denuclearize pakistan? if it were so, then my dear ISRAEL, USA and all those who don't want a nuclear pakistan would have done that already, now please don't tell me that they are not as capable and genious as indians.
Your nukes are in component form as mentioned in seymour hershs article that means the different parts are scattered in different part of the country.Cold start gives the IA a suprise window of 10-15 hours by the time we indians can surround Lahore and capture a strip of territory which has a width of 50-30 miles all along the border.For a nuke in component form to be assembled it takes 5-8 hours and to get theim operational passcodes which are said to be near your all "weather friend" need to be released it will take another 2-3 hours(inclusive or exclusive of the assembling time) by that time the operation will be over and we will be having the bargaining chip.

Last edited:
Your nukes are in component form as mentioned in seymour hershs article that means the different parts are scattered in different part of the country.Cold start gives the IA a suprise window of 10-15 hours
by the time we indians can surround Lahore and capture a strip of territory which has a width of 50-30 miles.For a nuke in component form to be assembled it takes 5-8 hours and to get their operational passcodes which are said to be near your all weather friend it will take another 2-3 hours(inclusive or exclusive of the assembling time) by that time the operation will be over and we will be having the bargaining chip.

Quit the fanboy rhetoric already.

Almost everything in there is speculation.

Here is something to read on Hersh's comments:

ArmsControlWonk: Sy Hersh and Pakistan?s Nukes

Your nukes are in component form as mentioned in seymour hershs article that means the different parts are scattered in different part of the country.Cold start gives the IA a suprise window of 10-15 hours
by the time we indians can surround Lahore and capture a strip of territory which has a width of 50-30 miles.For a nuke in component form to be assembled it takes 5-8 hours and to get their operational passcodes which are said to be near your all weather friend it will take another 2-3 hours(inclusive or exclusive of the assembling time) by that time the operation will be over and we will be having the bargaining chip.

:yahoo:

Now tell me when subhash ghai is going to release this new movie? or Big B will be the host of this new wet dream championship "KON BANAYGA NUKE KA MALIK(NEEND MAIN)".

or you are going to surprise me by telling that you along with saymor hersh were the key planners of our command and control system which includes perfect coordinates of all the parts, and you guys must have ensured that these parts would remain there unless untill u attack and destroy them, because u have locked them in the wooden boxes and there are two sets of keys, one with seymor hersh and the other with you?

as far as surrounding lahore is concerned, we have heard even taller claims from the indian general in 65 war, but what happened then, do you remember that? none of the generals from IA ever made such claims because they had faced the humiliation earlier saying as such.

in my opinion either you are an innocent lad who types whatever he remembers from his last read from bharat rakshak or you are an ...., i'll consider you to be the first one.

Please show a mature approach and sense of responsibility whenever you type something...:pakistan:

Last edited:
Quit the fanboy rhetoric already.

Almost everything in there is speculation.

Here is something to read on Hersh's comments:

ArmsControlWonk: Sy Hersh and Pakistan?s Nukes

WoW,WoW,WoW AM.Why the rage
My source of Info is not only Hersh(I said that so that it gives him a better idea)
Its actually a discussion between Col Wu a retired Lt col of Canadian armed forces( he is a member here who used to post here) and Brigadier S.R Ray a brigadier in the InA(better known as Salem)
This was the discussion between them
COLD START

WoW,WoW,WoW AM.Why the rage
My source of Info is not only Hersh(I said that so that it gives him a better idea)
Its actually a discussion between Col Wu a retired Lt col of Canadian armed forces( he is a member here who used to post here) and Brigadier S.R Ray a brigadier in the InA(better known as Salem)
This was the discussion between them
COLD START

I read the discussion a long time ago, and I fail to see how it supports your POV. As the two individuals you mentioned themselves admit, they are not privy to the specifics of cold start, and are unsure, based on open source information, whether it would be as successful as posited by some Indian commentators.

The whole premise behind cold start is one of catching Pakistan by surprise - that 'surprise' is by no means guaranteed.

I read the discussion a long time ago, and I fail to see how it supports your POV. As the two individuals you mentioned themselves admit, they are not privy to the specifics of cold start, and are unsure, based on open source information, whether it would be as successful as posited by some Indian commentators
They have given the most comprehensive explanation you can get on the net AM.Well,If you read the thread you will notice that they are only speculating about how IGP is composed and its CoC

As for being sucessful COAS Kapoor would not have spoken about "Limited war" without anything in mind.Connecting the dots AM ,the only doctrine that fits is Cold start as the commentators have discussed.A COAS doesn't simply shoot off the mouth

The whole premise behind cold start is one of catching Pakistan by surprise - that 'surprise' is by no means guaranteed.

We aren't a 1000 miles away from each other AM

A COAS doesn't simply shoot off the mouth
I am not so sure in this case - in any case, even if the COAS believes in the potential of Cold Start, that does not mean it will be implemented successfully on the battle field.
We aren't a 1000 miles away from each other AM
The Pakistani Military knows that ...

Why not, you still haven't figured out that Pakistan is worse off for having pursued nukes than if it didn't at all. Monies that could have gone into education and development went into the weapons program; a newly-aggressive Pakistan has surrendered its halo of a state on the defensive from a sanctimonious India; and the country has become a battleground for extremist groups who see Pakistan's nuclear arsenal as the ultimate prize to realize their visions of theocratic government and genocide.

The South Africans realized many of the disadvantages and thus de-nuclearized themselves. Do you think they lacked wisdom by doing so?

Limited war, surgical strike or whatever names you give it. I personally think Mr.Kapoora is living in fool's paradise.
Musharaf once answered to the same idiotic idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not, you still haven't figured out that Pakistan is worse off for having pursued nukes than if it didn't at all. Monies that could have gone into education and development went into the weapons program; a newly-aggressive Pakistan has surrendered its halo of a state on the defensive from a sanctimonious India; and the country has become a battleground for extremist groups who see Pakistan's nuclear arsenal as the ultimate prize to realize their visions of theocratic government and genocide.

Pakistan has surrendered to whom? watch before you speak Mr., times come in the history when great nations have to face adversaries which are more then one in numbers, which are seemingly undefeatable, and look formidable. it could be from both inside and outside.

However, these times come and go and by the way we have good experiance of defeating a super power earlier when we didn't had nukes, now we have that experiance coupled with nukes now we believe we can take on more then one of the adversaries, coz to us pakistanis, india is no more a problem.

by the way when u give such advice to pakistan why don't u give the same to india coz it were the indians who started this nuke race first, and its the indians who have the biggest population of the poorest people of the world. almost 30 % of the world poorest people, or u are trying to tell me that u r on indian payroll to advocate for the acceptance of all their wrong doings and criticize whatever was necessary for pakistan for its existance?
The South Africans realized many of the disadvantages and thus de-nuclearized themselves. Do you think they lacked wisdom by doing so?

You americans consider yourselves to be the wisest of all human beings why don't the USA giveup its nukes altogether? and spend this 680 Billion dollars defence budget on the welfare, health insurance of its citizens and provision of food to the poor of the world?

when it comes to the development of the arsenal, south africans had no enemies like india which from day one of its creation has not accepted the very existance of pakistan. i think south africans were wise to cap it coz they had no india on their doorstep, but we had and it was a nuclear india, so we had to have this capability also.:pakistan:

Last edited:

India and Pakistan were at each others throat soon after independence, then a full scale war followed in 1965 and then another conflict in 1971. After that in almost 40 years of roller coaster, there have been several stand offs and even border skirmishes without developing into any thing. In fact in 2001, India accumulated into the biggest mobilization of it's forces after 1971 when a million soldiers clustered the border, however after a years stand off and suffering some 350 casualties through accidents and without a shot being fired, India unilaterally pulled back. WHY ?. The Pakistan nuclear deterrence kept the Indians in check in the brinkmanship.
Agreed Pakistan has it's problems in poverty and literacy but one thing is certain that no Pakistani Farmer has developed taste for pesticides nor did they have to pass over their wives and children to a loan Shark. Period.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom