What's new

Man shot dead by Rangers for allegedly failing to stop car

Although it is sad to see an innocent loose his life for not following the instructions, on the other hand we have to think from LEA's POV also, they are the ones facing highest threat and danger to their lives, when the car they motion to stop, does not stop, it must feel like death advancing their way, and they have to neutralize the threat and keep shooting till the threat is fully neutralized, not posing any danger to them or the public.

We Pakistani's need to understand, we are too arrogant and irresponsible and don't care about the law, and then there are consequences, bad consequences for everyone, even the person/s who are forced to shoot, wouldn't be very comfortable finding out later that it was an innocent but stupid harmless civilian.

We Pakistanis have made it out habit to crib and cry and blame someone for something all the time, we want security and blame LEA's for being incompetent and not doing their job and when they do, we side with the "law-breaking innocent", btw if you break the law and get hurt/killed, you are not innocent anymore.

I have mixed feelings about this one.

Rangers have often been targeted in bomb blasts and looking at the security situation, I can see why the Ranger would want to shoot. However, shooting him multiple times is excessive.

Don't know of any country that it happens in todays world. Have been to almost ALL the countries, some even during wartime (minus Syria - during present crisis). Maybe you know something that I may have overlooked. If you are talking about Africa or Apartheid SA, then no. Haven't seen any of those in those particular eras. Or maybe you're referring to some "Stan" nations of former USSR..???

LEA's have no way to judge who is friend or foe, they have to treat everyone as a potential threat both for their own as well as and public safety. Its not rocket science to understand the sign or motion to stop, Its very simple, when the law enforcement agencies motion you to stop, you STOP or face the consequences, this is not unique to Pakistan, check you tube and you'll see thousands of such incidents in the civilized western world.

Don't know of any country that it happens in todays world. Have been to almost ALL the countries, some even during wartime (minus Syria - during present crisis). Maybe you know something that I may have overlooked. If you are talking about Africa or Apartheid SA, then no. Haven't seen any of those in those particular eras. Or maybe you're referring to some "Stan" nations of former USSR..???

How come you forget, Just after london bombings, British police shot dead a brazilian man

Man Shot Dead by British Police Was Innocent Brazilian Citizen

I will take a side of Rangers when they will ask "ASROO-RO-RASOOK" walay logoon ko why they are having weapons in their Car and roaming here and there in Karachi.... why people having 4 X 4 X 4 Car protocol who giving permissions to these loteraa bhata khoor... when Rangers stop Merecedes BMW LC etc with black tinted mirrors... sara zoor chalta hey tu gareeb pe!

I will take a side of Rangers when they will ask "ASROO-RO-RASOOK" walay logoon ko why they are having weapons in their Car and roaming here and there in Karachi.... why people having 4 X 4 X 4 Car protocol who giving permissions to these loteraa bhata khoor... when Rangers stop Merecedes BMW LC etc with black tinted mirrors... sara zoor chalta hey tu gareeb pe!

Dil or Mehfil loot li app nai... Uzair baloch living in a mansion, taking a dip everyday in his homemade pool to cool himself

One MAN.... ONE MAN.... and the whole world watched..... millions deliberated..... was ALL over the media.... people condemned... law came to action..... it rectified the error..... apologies were tendered..... heads rolled....

And now, let's talk about Pakistan? :devil:

All four men in custody awaiting trial, :azn:

Police commissioner out?

Dil or Mehfil loot li app nai... Uzair baloch living in a mansion, taking a dip everyday in his homemade pool to cool himself

All four men in custody awaiting trial, :azn:

I think Rangers should be pulled out of karachi(bet they dnt like the job aswell... policing a city? seriously)... but i wonder why every govts wants them to remain there?

if they pull out mom and like minded criminal organizations will destroy karachi or what ever is left of it anyways.

Dude, I have seen FC butcher 5 innocent people in a car. You know my stance on Taliban, however, you need to understand their are proper ways to do everything. Sadly, our armed forces are so scared for their "own" lives that they can not judge between friends and foe, and often resort to indiscriminate firing.

I know of dozen more incidents where the Army did revenge killings by going into hospitals even. The armed forces slowly are loosing cohesion amongst their ranks, they need to be better trained.

Armed forces CAN NOT be the judge, jury and executioners. I know that our courts are corrupt, however, it gives no one the right to take law into their own hands. We as people have become so numb and dumb that we have given everyone the right to play with our lives. You simply can't trade one ill for another ailment. At the moment you have a monster growing alongside the TTP, and you can't even see it. It will come back to haunt you one day, just as the other militant organizations are doing right now.

Leave the politics aside, freeze it for a moment. My heart hurt hearing a 4 year old boy witnessed this.

Now please continue to debate, so this type of heartbreak only exists in the worst nightmares of humans.

I think Rangers should be pulled out of karachi(bet they dnt like the job aswell... policing a city? seriously)... but i wonder why every govts wants them to remain there?

As for your kind information the police department is not that much to handle the whole city...

Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pressure under which security forces operate these days is very high.

If hailed the man ought to have stopped while on the other hand, the Ranger too have shot off his tyres.

These are all spot decisions that can only be tempered with training and electronic aids like surveillance cameras.

Back
Top Bottom