What's new

Mig Slayer promoted to Air Commodore

Side-Winder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Group Captain Nauman Ali Khan has been promoted to the rank of Air Commodore today. He is currently serving as OC Flying Wing, PAF base Shahbaz. 😊

images (8).jpg

Group Captain Nauman Ali Khan has been promoted to the rank of Air Commodore today. He is currently serving as OC Flying Wing, PAF base Shahbaz. 😊

View attachment 847405
Wow, from W/C to Gp. Cpt to Air Cdre, in little over three years. Can you also update regarding the Sukhoi Slayer, there was much apprehension about his career progression following the events of 27th Feb....

In army most career officers skip the rank of colonel and jump straight from lt col to brigadier; called one step Brigadier (IIRC). Might be the case in PAF as well.
Possible, but I remember from another thread him being already promoted to Gp. Cpt., in 2021.

Edit: Also OP mentions his previous rank. (Baghal mei bacha, sheher mei dhindora 😁😄)

Last edited:
In army most career officers skip the rank of colonel and jump straight from lt col to brigadier; called one step Brigadier (IIRC). Might be the case in PAF as well.

PAF officers don't skip that rank.
Let him be wing commander for some time please.

Yes in Pak Army usually if you are made full Colonel that means 80% chances that is where you end your career.

In PAF, I have never seen anyone skip a rank.

Only case is ACM Anwar Shamim who was fast tracked to become ACM from Air Cdr. I believe in Zia's time due to perceived issues with late 70s PAF senior leadership.

What I meant was, what about his career progression prospects in the Air force?? Because members here implied that he might be penalized for some of his actions on 27 th Feb....

Up to the promotion board to decide. When the time comes.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom