What's new

Mig Slayer promoted to Air Commodore

he fired without clearance ? or the sukhois didnt cross some pre-determined threat threshold ?
some of what you mentioned, more to do with some aerial combat maneuvres done which did endanger the whole package.....(like, one of our F-16s was only 9 NM far from the Su-30 while the AIM-120 was on its way....you can imagine that someone really bungled up)

9 NM , from the flanker, and still the flanker pilots never got a firing solution.....What kind of sorcery did our jammers pull off that day???
This is the firing solution they got....

1653417575953.png

Nope. He is not with 5 Sqn.
Lets agree to disagree, but i'll leave you with a lil' something.

You can't just wear the Insignia of the Squadron you don't fly for & that my friend is of No. 5.

I hope you have something to back up your claim...

Hasan.jpg

some of what you mentioned, more to do with some aerial combat maneuvres done which did endanger the whole package.....(like, one of our F-16s was only 9 NM far from the Su-30 while the AIM-120 was on its way....you can imagine that someone really bungled up)

I remember some member saying that he never unleashed his Slammer. He kept it in semi-active mode till it went pitbull and even crossed the LoC for this reason.That is why probably he could guide the missile despite presence of friendlies really close by.But for the high command , this could have been a potential blue-on-blue, hence unacceptable.🤔

9NM from MIG-21 or SU-30? You sure you are not mixing up both? Because you previously said MIG-21 Abhinandan

I remember some member saying that he never unleashed his Slammer. He kept it in semi-active mode till it went pitbull and even crossed the LoC for this reason.That is why probably he could guide the missile despite presence of friendlies really close by.But for the high command , this could have been a potential blue-on-blue, hence unacceptable.🤔
Follow-up question. Does a Slammer, going semi-active, trigger all sorts of warnings inside the cockpit, including friendlies, which may lead them into making erratic defensive maneuvers ??

If not, then there is a case to be made that there was little possibility of fratricide in this scenario, so Gambler-1 was not crazy and had a good shot there, which he took.

9NM from MIG-21 or SU-30? You sure you are not mixing up both? Because you previously said MIG-21 Abhinandan
I did... Sorry for that.

Follow-up question. Does a Slammer, going semi-active, trigger all sorts of warnings inside the cockpit, including friendlies, which may lead them into making erratic defensive maneuvers ??

If not, then there is a case to be made that there was little possibility of fratricide in this scenario, so Gambler-1 was not crazy and had a good shot there, which he took.
It was a good shot, problem was the aerial maneuvering which endangered the package.

I did... Sorry for that.

It was a good shot, problem was the aerial maneuvering which endangered the package.
Very rumoury rumor has it that his flight was tasked to keep an eye on the strike assets but wait for clearance to engage which was “misinterpreted” in the fog of war as clearance to engage if the asset was threatened. The shot was fine except he didn’t inform the other altitude blocks about positioning for the shot and let loose on a TWS mode.

But this is a 3 ears down version so might be very salty

Hi,

Fog war, excitement, tunnel vision, loss of hearing in excitement ( it happened to me one time under not the best circumstances ) but after all that, the boy got a kill that many would give an arm and a leg for.

Hi,

Fog war, excitement, tunnel vision, loss of hearing in excitement ( it happened to me one time under not the best circumstances ) but after all that, the boy got a kill that many would give an arm and a leg for.
Yes but all factors that are also a similar recipe for disaster. In 1987, a PAF Viper which was lead shot down his wingman with all of the above mentioned factors. An excellent fighter pilot but all of the above factors combined with the growing desi culture in the AF led to almost killing one of their own unintentionally.

Yet it worked out better this time and got a claim

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom