What's new

Mig Slayer promoted to Air Commodore

Yes but all factors that are also a similar recipe for disaster. In 1987, a PAF Viper which was lead shot down his wingman with all of the above mentioned factors. An excellent fighter pilot but all of the above factors combined with the growing desi culture in the AF led to almost killing one of their own unintentionally.

Yet it worked out better this time and got a claim

Hi,

The Paf pilot shot anoher pilot during combat.

But the US navy or air force pilot shot another pilot during excercize. No one can top that.

In the old days the OC flying wing was a group captain these days air commodore.

Ofcourse OC flying is always a group captain. His name was just confirmed in promotion board for air commodore. He will soon be posted to new assignment with new rank.

Hi,

The Paf pilot shot anoher pilot during combat.

But the US navy or air force pilot shot another pilot during excercize. No one can top that.
PAF is in the same category.

Cheers

some of what you mentioned, more to do with some aerial combat maneuvres done which did endanger the whole package.....(like, one of our F-16s was only 9 NM far from the Su-30 while the AIM-120 was on its way....you can imagine that someone really bungled up)

So did the pilot(s) of the F-16 9NM away from SU-30 got a good view of the splash ? or wasn't in position to do so if was moving away? who bongled up ? the pilot that got 9 NM close to the SU-30 ? 9NM, that is within AIM-9 envelope and also the SU-30s Heat Seeker AAMs.

One could say that AIM-120C5 saved the F-16 that got close to 9NM of a SU-30.

So did the pilot(s) of the F-16 9NM away from SU-30 got a good view of the splash ? or wasn't in position to do so if was moving away? who bongled up ? the pilot that got 9 NM close to the SU-30 ? 9NM, that is within AIM-9 envelope and also the SU-30s Heat Seeker AAMs.

One could say that AIM-120C5 saved the F-16 that got close to 9NM of a SU-30.
Read the follow up comments, he corrected himself.

Read the follow up comments, he corrected himself.
Thank you, I should have fully read all three pages. lets replace SU-30 with Mig-21, questions still stand about the comfort zone. I know and I know, I am asking a question that would likely never be answered or should be answered but needs to be asked anyway.

Bungled up by the pilot that let lose AIM-120C5 or the one that let Mig-21 get within 9NM in this day and age of lethal WVR missiles..

Last edited:
Thank you, I should have fully read all three pages. lets replace SU-30 with Mig-21, questions still stand about the comfort zone. I know and I know, I am asking a question that would likely never be answered or should be answered but needs to be asked anyway.

Bungled up by the pilot that let lose AIM-120C5 or the one that let Mig-21 get within 9NM in this day and age of lethal WVR missiles..
Gambler-1's actions have been discussed in detail in this thread.Also regarding that flight 9 NM away from the Bison, I believe Panzer has already explained about that earlier somewhere on the forum , that that flight had a different purpose let's not discuss that, Abhi was completely clueless about everything until he went boom....

Gambler-1's actions have been discussed in detail in this thread.Also regarding that flight 9 NM away from the Bison, I believe Panzer has already explained about that earlier somewhere on the forum , that that flight had a different purpose let's not discuss that, Abhi was completely clueless about everything until he went boom....
Ok, thank you and at the same times lets thank the havens that the Abhi was clueless, aman to that.

Sukhoi slayer? so its confirmed PAF shot down a Sukhoi?
I think PAF has evidence of a hit that they cant share for op-sec reasons, but internally firmly believe it to be a hit. IAF had a damaged or destoryed plane but in IOK that they will not admit to. IF NoneDone had been shot over IOK, the same song and dance would have happened. The only reason that kill was owned, because PAF had physical evidence, with NoneDone being over Azad Kashmir. although he did cause an f16 to nose dive into the ground by causing the viper driver to LOC by the stench of the gsuit that he shat in.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom