What's new

More M113s for Pakistan

Webby I think that the M113's mentioned in that thread were specifically air defence variants (I believe Blain refered to them being RBS-70's on Talha's)
See attached pic for what I mean.
The basic difference between a APC and a IFV is the ability to A) have direct fire support formm the vehicle (in the form of a turret or similar) B)And gun ports to enable infantrymen to fire from within the vehicle.

As a point of interest the Talha looks VERY similar to a Turkish Apc design by FNSS.

However Asim did hit the nail on the head when he mentioned the conditions that the vehicles are used in as being important. Tracked vehicles are generally wider than wheeled types, hence they are not so great in urban conditions.

Another point of interest is that within the last few years (2002 I believe) PAK purchased tech info for the M113A2 so that is probably the upgrade that they made.
From the congress notifications...
"Pakistan 7/26/2002 DTC 190-02 technical data regarding the M113A2 armored personnel carrier Direct Commercial Sales"

http://www.fas.org/asmp/profiles/no...ak&descin=&date1in=1992&date2in=2006&typein=%

From what I know, the RBS-70 has been deployed on Saad APCs. There are some pictures of this at Pakdef.
http://www.pakdef.info/forum/showpost.php?p=98846&postcount=3

That link does not work for me for some reason Blain.....It keeps telling me I have been banned. Which is odd becuse I never joined the forum...:lol:

Not sure. Maybe you need to be a member since its in their pictures forum and that is usually protected.

In any case, maybe this will help:
8a170fb9e638b6213966892af5dde429.jpg

oops i am also banned in Pakdef. Pbvioulsy the forum moderator lacks skills in running aforum, some one should inform the admin about his silly error page of being banned.

I would love to see a Stand Alone Platform " Vulca"n being used in M113s or a bradly, bmp style turrent with fully stabilized turret and night vision ability. Only then it will have an offensive opunch. Only then it is worth having in any army, i mean these babies were used in vietnam.

oops i am also banned in Pakdef. Pbvioulsy the forum moderator lacks skills in running aforum, some one should inform the admin about his silly error page of being banned.

Dont think that is the reason. Seems more like an script error. :cry:

hey arnt they fixing a turret on the new apc that they are making at HIT i think i saw that some where
i really think PA should start buying more IFV like the BTR with a turret i think that thing is gr8

hey arnt they fixing a turret on the new apc that they are making at HIT i think i saw that some where
i really think PA should start buying more IFV like the BTR with a turret i think that thing is gr8

Looking at the latest Vehicles serving in Iraq with the British or America like old APCs such as M113 or FV432 Bulldog have protection for the gunners like shielding etc..

Some Western armies are also shifting to external remote controlled weapon stations.

I think we should aim for either as protection for gunners. It is a basic improvement that could save lives.

As for BTR vehicles the UKraine has a very cool upgrade of BTR 80 called Guardian or BTR 3U.

For those of you keen on wheeled APCs check it out at http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/btr3u.php?menu=m1.php

I am particularly impressed with the fact it was co-developed with Abu Dhabi and the Shkval unified fighting module which can accomodate the chinese Red Arrow missile aka BAKTAR SHIKAN.

I LIKE :tup:

I met a small team from Taxela Heavy Industries here in Cincinnati. They have come here to buy machines and other things from a company called Cinci Corp. Regarding the M113 they said the new Iraqi government has requested them for there army and also some other vehicles too.

I met a small team from Taxela Heavy Industries here in Cincinnati. They have come here to buy machines and other things from a company called Cinci Corp. Regarding the M113 they said the new Iraqi government has requested them for there army and also some other vehicles too.

that will be gr8 for our export market but i think v should also joint production of that ukranian BTR that thing is really awsome and in my opinion the PA should also look at wheeled vehicles it high time :coffee:

that will be gr8 for our export market but i think v should also joint production of that ukranian BTR that thing is really awsome and in my opinion the PA should also look at wheeled vehicles it high time :coffee:

one of the threads at www.******************** forums under the army section talks of a billion dollar deal with the Ukraine. I have no idea if it has come to fruit though.

http://www.ideaspakistan.com/iraq visit to pakistan.htm

This page mentions all the details of the sale of Pakistani arms to Iraq worth $80 million.

this really gr8 i might be wrong but ithink i saw a 'mohafiz' on CNN manned by Iraqi troops maybe they have started the dilevery

"Iraqi Defence Delegation's Visit to Pakistan

Contract worth US$ 80 Million Signed

In response to the meeting between President of Pakistan, General Perevz Musharraf, and Iraqi Prime Minister, H.E. Ayyadh Alawi at the UN General Assembly Meeting in September 2004, a delegation from the Iraqi Defence Ministry arrived in Pakistan to evaluate various procurement options.

The 6-member delegation, led by Iraqi Defence Minister H.E. Hazim G.S. Al-Khuzaie, visited DEPO and Ministry of Defence Production on November 24, 2004. It further visited the facilities at Heavy Industry Taxila (HIT) and Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) on November 25 and held meetings at Ministries of Petroleum & Natural Resources and Defence Production on November 26.

H.E. Hazim G.S. Al-Khuzaie called on President Pervez Musharraf, Minister for Defence Production Mr. Habib Ullah Waraich, Minister of State for Defence Mr. Malik Zahid Hamid and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Ihsan Ul Haq.

In addition to the Defence Minister, the delegation comprised of the following personnel:
Mr. Haider A. Al Jiboury, Chief of Ministerial Security
Gen Mohan H. Al-Freajee, Chief of Military Operations
Mr. Shireen K. Sh Al-Salihi, Personal Secretary to the Minister
Mr. Sawson J. Al-Ternimi, DG Programme & Budgets
Mr. Andrew Vicente Kelly, Private Secretary to the Minister
Mr. Ehsan Ullah Khan

The Iraqi Defence Minister held formal meetings with Secretary Defence Production, DG DEPO, Chairman POF, DG HIT, Representative of NRTC and Representative of JSHQ on 23 Nov 04.
During its meetings, the delegation expressed its desire in procurement of tanks, APCs & armoured vehicles, machineguns & pistols of various caliber, uniforms and overalls for crew as well as day & night shooting and sight equipment. In addition, the delegation expressed its desire in procurement of bulletproof jackets, security bunkers, rocket launchers, mine detectors, mortar ammunition and communication equipment to counter terrorism in Iraq.

In response to the requirement raised by the Iraqi delegation, Following equipment was offered:
HIT: Tanks Al- Khalid / Al-Zarrar, APCs M-113 & Security Vehicle "Mohafiz"
POF: G-3, MG1A-3, SMG Pak & Uniforms
IOP: NV equipment for rifle / MG
NRTC: VHF Communication Equipment
PMTF: 60mm, 81 mm and 120 mm Mortars

In addition to above, following equipment was offered for fighting terrorism in built-up area:-

"Bullet Proof Jackets"
"Security Bunker "Ahan"
"RPG-7 A / Tk Rocket Launcher"
"Bakhtar Shikan Mine Detector"

Major General Syed Ali Hamid, Director General Defence Export Promotion Organisation, held detailed discussions with Mr. Andrew Kelly, Private Secretary to the Iraqi Defence Minister, at a dinner that was hosted by Minister for Defence Production, Mr. Habib Ullah Waraich. Mr. Kelly informed DG DEPO that Iraq will sign MoU with Pakistan for arms purchase, indicating volume and quantity of major items. This MoU will be followed by the visit of a separate Iraqi team to Pakistan for further negotiations and signing of a formal contract.

The delegation held meetings at the Ministry of Defence Production and discussed various areas of mutual interest. Later, it paid a visit to DEPO where DG DEPO accompanied the delegation on a tour to the exhibition halls.

Visit to HIT:

The delegation visited HIT on November 25, 2004 where it was given a formal presentation on the production facilities and capabilities of HIT. The presentation was also attended by the Project Directors of the various facilities at HIT. Air Commodore Muhammad Abid, Director ME&A - DEPO and Major General Ali Baz, Additional Secretary Ministry of Defence Production, also accompanied the delegation during the presentation.

The Iraqi delegation witnessed the impressive demonstration of MBT Al-Khalid at its full potential during its visit to the factory and was provided detailed information on various capabilities of this engineering marvel that Pakistan has achieved through indigenous development. In addition, the delegates also visited the manufacturing facilities of APCs, Security Vehicles and Security Bunkers.

Following its visit, detailed discussions were held with the Chairman HIT, (name), on capabilities, availability and price of the tracked and wheeled vehicles offered by HIT. The Iraqi delegation was found interested in equipment which may be readily available for procurement and can be delivered on short notice.

Visit to POF:

The Iraqi delegation also paid a visit to Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF), after its visit to HIT. Chairman POF (name) accompanied the delegation on its visit to the display centre after the initial presentation. Later, the delegation held detailed meetings with Chairman POF (name), Additional Secretary Defence Production (name) and Director Marketing, POF (name).

The delegates showed interest in procurement of night vision binocular, MG3 and hand grenades from POF.

A contract worth 80 Million Dollars was finally signed on 26 November 2004 for following:

HIT (Contract in Hand)
APC Talha Qty- 44
Security Vehicles Al Mohafiz Qty- 60
Armoured Guard Post 'Aahan' Qty- 300
Total Contract Value US $ 31 Million

POF (Contract in Hand)
Various Type of Arms & Ammo- US $ 49 Million"

http://www.ideaspakistan.com/iraq%20visit%20to%20pakistan.htm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom