What's new

Narrowing PAF Gap V IAF by 2015

for the gap to narrow, u need $$. so if pakistan's purchasing power increases with respect to india's, then yes it will. but so far its the other way around

In addition to my above coment...i think PAF pilots and maintenance crew are more rigorously trained compared to IAF..I had a friend who was F-16 pilot in 2000-2001..At that tome American embargo was at full swing and PAF was not getting spare parts for their American planes specially F-16s..All the F-16 fleet was running in "Jugaar" as in "Urdu wala Jugaar". From aeronautical engineers to airmen,everybody was improvising and innovating ways to keep the F-16s in air..and we did not have any more crash incidents than we have in normal days..
The friend of mine told me that PAF is buying parts from wherever they can,and mainly from black market.None of the F-16s had a working ejection seat due to unavailability of spares,and how big a pilot's heart should be,to fly a plane,knowing that if something goes wrong they wont be able to bail out and will go down with the plane? we all can have a guess.

That hilorious lol. I want that type of situation to our mig21. Then atleast govt replace that:hitwall:

IAF has selected RAFEAL or TYPHOON..

Then Pakistan will be acquiring few squadrons of F-16 Block 60 to counter them. We may may have 2 squadrons of F-16 Block 52 and 2 squadrons of F-16 Block 60 by the time infamous MRCA materializes.

Last edited:
None of the F-16s had a working ejection seat due to unavailability of spares,and how big a pilot's heart should be,to fly a plane,knowing that if something goes wrong they wont be able to bail out and will go down with the plane? we all can have a guess.

This is the reason that we have to build our own defense industry. If Sweden with 8 million people can develop modern fighter like Gripen and AWAC then Pakistan with 185 million can also develop in next decade.

That hilorious lol. I want that type of situation to our mig21. Then atleast govt replace that:hitwall:

Hilarious it may be..Nothing wrong with looking at the funny side of the story.
But the question remains....under similar situations..i.e without ejection seats..Will IAF pilots go airborne?

This is the reason that we have to build our own defense industry. If Sweden with 8 million people can develop modern fighter like Gripen and AWAC then Pakistan with 185 million can also develop in next decade.
Well...we have done part of it.... JF-17 in 4 years,while TEJAS still a prototype? tut tut?

I'm not following OP's lists or anything, but the gap between IAF and PAF will be considerably narrow by 2015. Yes India is looking for 126+ MMRCAs, but those will not come by 2015, in fact, the initial batch may be received by then IF IAF finalizes the deal this year. However, it has yet to decide on the fighter it wants (hence evaluations are on-going), then it needs to negotiate and finalize the actual order (remember how long Hawks took?) and so on. And once MMRCA does come around, the PAF will have its FC-20/Plus One as well as additional Block-52+ (or higher) as its options to adequately counter them.

I'm not following OP's lists or anything, but the gap between IAF and PAF will be considerably narrow by 2015. Yes India is looking for 126+ MMRCAs, but those will not come by 2015, in fact, the initial batch may be received by then IF IAF finalizes the deal this year. However, it has yet to decide on the fighter it wants (hence evaluations are on-going), then it needs to negotiate and finalize the actual order (remember how long Hawks took?) and so on. And once MMRCA does come around, the PAF will have its FC-20/Plus One as well as additional Block-52+ (or higher) as its options to adequately counter them.

Sir, Su 30 Mki's are On a Roll.... India is Ordering 50 Su 30 MKI every year other than the Oners Previously ordered, Both HAL and Sukhoi are Producing the MKI's for India.... India is seriously looking agead for over 300 MKI's and LCA Tejas has been ordered only 40 Now, But the IOC be given and FOC , and The work for LCA MK2 has already begun with the Miniaturization of AESA Radar we have built, Next comes the MMRCA, IAF has shortlisted the fighters and Has handed over to the defense ministry , We would start Inducting the First Squadrons from 2012 onwards for sure....

Hilarious it may be..Nothing wrong with looking at the funny side of the story.
But the question remains....under similar situations..i.e without ejection seats..Will IAF pilots go airborne?

dont able think from pilots point of view.

I dont know

It will be 2020 before the 126 MMCRA are 100% operational but then IAF will have to retire the Jaguars and Harriers. Also by 2020 the Mig29s and Mirage 2000 will be 41 years old unless IAF goes for a midlife upgrade of the aircrafts.

so are you saying that pakistan has decided to keep its old f7s and other vintage stuff..... and the harriers are in the navy which are being replaced by mig 29's-about 20-30 have been ordered and i thing we already have 16, bsides the navy will have its own fleet since they are planning to induct lca as well as have requested for proposals to buy another 40 aircrafts--for whinch the us has offered the f35s....

Also by 2020 the Mig29s and Mirage 2000 will be 41 years old unless IAF goes for a midlife upgrade of the aircrafts.
Please update. mirage mlu deal is already signed . and mig 29 also have mlu package in russia
:bunny:

Sir, Su 30 Mki's are On a Roll.... India is Ordering 50 Su 30 MKI every year other than the Oners Previously ordered, Both HAL and Sukhoi are Producing the MKI's for India.... India is seriously looking agead for over 300 MKI's and LCA Tejas has been ordered only 40 Now, But the IOC be given and FOC , and The work for LCA MK2 has already begun with the Miniaturization of AESA Radar we have built, Next comes the MMRCA, IAF has shortlisted the fighters and Has handed over to the defense ministry , We would start Inducting the First Squadrons from 2012 onwards for sure....
Regarding MMRCA, 2012 is a dream case scenario if the deal is signed before the end of this year (2010 is almost finished), you cannot expect to see the 1st squadron within a year of finalizing the deal. BTW, IAF and Indian Govt still need to negotiate the finer details of the deal and finalize it, that is not going to take a couple weeks - lucky if a few months given Indian Govt's track record.

As for MKI and LCA, yes they're very good fighters - but don't assume that JF-17 is at a dead end against them. It will use the same standard of weapon-systems as its IAF counterparts, and the capabilities of its radar, ECM/EW, avionics, is sufficient to defend local airspace. Not to mention the fact that the Block-II and Block-III JF-17s will be in service by 2015, they'll use HMD/S, AESA, 5th gen WVRAAM, longer-range BVRAAM, etc.

PAF also has the viable option for additional F-16s, both new-built and used-upgraded (through EDA). The Block-52/MLU are excellent force-multipliers, and of course, additional upgrade options (such as AESA) will be available later on this decade.

Gap being narrowed in 2015...I agree.. But after that with each year the gap will start to broaden with incoming MRCA + Su-30MKI +PAKFA + LCA...

And the gap will continue to widen with each passing year..Not only in No.s but also in quality..

You must consider the fighters IN is getting has PAF has to take care of them too. I think 4 of ordered 45 MIGs have already appeard. And there will be N-LCA. And MRCA of IN. In coming decade gap will be large. But I agree the gap is going to be the narrowest during 14-16...

Back
Top Bottom