What's new

Narrowing PAF Gap V IAF by 2015

PAF VS IAF GAP is only widening..but you have enough fighters to defend your self.

Gap being narrowed in 2015...I agree.. But after that with each year the gap will start to broaden with incoming MRCA + Su-30MKI +PAKFA + LCA...

And the gap will continue to widen with each passing year..Not only in No.s but also in quality..
...and I'm sure PAF will only induct Mushak (lucky if it can get Super Mushak) with slingshots. PAF will counter MMRCA with FC-20 (and upgraded variants of this fighter), if not additional new-built F-16s as well. As I stated earlier, the JF-17 can sufficiently address the MKI and LCA issue, even though its not superior it is still a viable force in terms of defending Pakistani air space. As for PAK-FA and FGFA, I guess I can relent and say IAF will begin inducting them by 2025, but PAF will have a 5th generation option from China (who reportedly has 2 such programs).

for the gap to narrow, u need $$. so if pakistan's purchasing power increases with respect to india's, then yes it will. but so far its the other way around

Yes where is the $$ ? now more than 1/5 of country under serious flooding,all these narrowing Gap will be a pipe dream:D

For months and months i have read, watched, various debates about South Asian air power changes taking place as we speak.

I have summarised this and come to my own conclusion.

In 1999 DURING KARGIL the PAF was at its weakest versis IAF this fact was demonsrated vivdley in the way the IAF where able to play a crucial part in the conflict with their bombing runs.

110 BVR capable MIG29M & MIRAGE2000H planes kept PAFS then 32 F16A/B at bay purely because the Vipers had only WVR weapons.
Since the war PAF have openly decalred they where in no position to take on the bvr equipped IAF.

Although the nos ratio was less than 2-1 in favour of IAF i believe india,s numerical superioity in 4 gen fighters of 3-1 with BVR esp gave iaf overall 3-1 superiority gap in 1999.

The su30 Flankers induction in 2000 and the mki in 2004 merely compounded this weakness up until now.

PAFs FIGHT BACK.

Has come in 3 forms. Frst the arrival of 32 F16/52s and upgrade to 42 F16 MLU = 76 Vipers by 2011.

Second the delivery of 50 Thunder kits for assemby by 2013 = 50 new bvr capable fighters from china and then 40 FC20 late 4gen fighters by 2015..

Third the introduction of AWACS by PAF via both Swden & china x 6 planes...

By 2015

6 AWACS

76 F16 52/MLU
50 Thunders MK1
40 FC20

166 BVR CAPABLE FIGHTERS will be a strong detterant to IAF

AT LEAST 250 more F7PG & mirage 5s WILL REMAIN in 2015....

Indian Threat in 2015....

To avoid argument on both PAF & ESP IAF accounts only definite orders are taken into account so MMRCA does not warrant mention until or if it happens. likewise follow on orders for Thunder have been excluded at this stage until the western upgrade or mk2 is offically ordered.

272 su30mki (120 in service already)
40 Tejas mk1 (ioc expected in 2011)
60 mig29 smt upgraded
51 mirage 2000-5 upgrade from H
70 jaguar darin 1/2
70 Mig27m

3 defo Phalcon Awacs

dude how about 120 odd BVR capable Mig-21 Bison

again dreaming & wishing..hey man your country is in deep trouble feed & shelter your fellow country men marooned in neck high waters,first solve these and then buy weapons in your dreams,countries will hesitate to sell arms to you,already am seeing donor fatigue,where do you get your dillars from,agriculture is your main $$ eanrner,now forget about that in next 3 yrs
India need to buy weapons only against China,i think this will create a peacefull atmosphere in subcontinent,even my country BD will feel safe
Don't worry it will recover, bad governance is its only main constraint to properly advancing. There was a major earthquake in 2005, and it managed to pull through...if anything, the flood recovery will invite economic recovery, investment, and a good long study at how agriculture be managed, the indifference of the Pakistani Establishment, and how things ought to be done in the future. As I said, the country will recover in time.

Last edited:
@Mark Sien

You are off in the timeline by atleast 8 years...India will be inducting them from 2017 latest...

dude how about 120 odd BVR capable Mig-21 Bison

Its going to be more lethal

Here are the upgrade specifications of the MiG-21 Bison ready to arm the IAF :

The upgrade consists of Super Kopyo X-band pulse Doppler radar and
RVV-AE (AA-12 Adder) beyond visual range missiles and PGMs., new nosecone, new canopy, single-piece windshield and new canopy made of stressed acrylic composites, Sextant's TOTEM RLG-INS with NSS-100P GPS embedded GPS receivers, El-Op HUD, infrared search and track system (IRST) from Russia's URALs optical-mechanical plant, two Sextant MFD-55 LCD displays, autopilot, radar warning receivers (RWR), digital flight data recorder, new liquid air cooling system, HOTAS controls, stores management system, digital air data computer system, short range radio navigation system, new HF/VHF/UHF radios, twin conformal Vympel flare dispensers (26mm, 120 rounds) and a new electric power supply system. Reportedly the new RWR to be fitted, is an indigenous system developed by DRDO and goes by the name Tarang. A modified version of this RWR will be used aboard the Su-30MKI.

That is not all, apart from carrying the deadly AA-11 "Archer" that arms the MiG-29 and longer range AA-10 Alamo BVR AAMs, Bison pilots will have the SURA helmet mounted sight, used by Flanker pilots. Now with this combination, it would mean that the MiG-21, flying faster than all F-16 variants would “schlemm” an F-16 as well as the Luftwaffe MiG-29s did.

@Mark Sien

You are off in the timeline by atleast 8 years...India will be inducting them from 2017 latest...
I disagree...just judging based on how projects of this nature generally progress (around the world).

RVV-AE (AA-12 Adder) beyond visual range missiles and PGMs., new nosecone, new canopy, single-piece windshield and new canopy made of stressed acrylic composites, Sextant's TOTEM RLG-INS with NSS-100P GPS embedded GPS receivers, El-Op HUD, infrared search and track system (IRST) from Russia's URALs optical-mechanical plant, two Sextant MFD-55 LCD displays, autopilot, radar warning receivers (RWR), digital flight data recorder, new liquid air cooling system, HOTAS controls, stores management system, digital air data computer system, short range radio navigation system, new HF/VHF/UHF radios, twin conformal Vympel flare dispensers (26mm, 120 rounds) and a new electric power supply system. Reportedly the new RWR to be fitted, is an indigenous system developed by DRDO and goes by the name Tarang. A modified version of this RWR will be used aboard the Su-30MKI.

That is not all, apart from carrying the deadly AA-11 "Archer" that arms the MiG-29 and longer range AA-10 Alamo BVR AAMs, Bison pilots will have the SURA helmet mounted sight, used by Flanker pilots. Now with this combination, it would mean that the MiG-21, flying faster than all F-16 variants would “schlemm” an F-16 as well as the Luftwaffe MiG-29s did.
Nice. The PAF Mirage ROSE-series, especially ROSE-I can be equipped with BVR. I guess it depends on how far they're willing to upgrade the avionics, but the ROSE-series can potentially be equipped with HMD/S (which JF-17 will receive) as well as WVRAAM such as MAA-1B. Same with F-7PG. A lot of JF-17's subsystems can be applied to older fighters. As for F-16, its JHMCS and 5th gen WVRAAM wouldn't make it an easy adversary, and at BVR ranges (AIM-120C5) definitely not a piece of cake for anyone, let alone MiG-21.

What ???? India is again upgrading Mig 21 Bison ? When did this happen ?

Not again.. i just updated myself.

:D ..

So dont worry... ithokkae oru number allae...

hahaha ...ok ....i was wondering damn..i have been in multiple forums and missed this news....

Sheri ....avrude thala karankam thodugumn...mig 29 upgrade, mirage upgrade , jag upgrade , mig 27 upgrade..and ippum mig 21 upgrade...:D

hahaha ...ok ....i was wondering damn..i have been in multiple forums and missed this news....

Sheri ....avrude thala karankam thodugumn...mig 29 upgrade, mirage upgrade , jag upgrade , mig 27 upgrade..and ippum mig 21 upgrade...:D

But the facts ive stated in that are true and that is how the Mig-21s are gonna get upgraded.

I know you already know it.

Has come in 3 forms. Frst the arrival of 32 F16/52s and upgrade to 42 F16 MLU = 76 Vipers by 2011.

Second the delivery of 50 Thunder kits for assemby by 2013 = 50 new bvr capable fighters from china and then 40 FC20 late 4gen fighters by 2015..

Third the introduction of AWACS by PAF via both Swden & china x 6 planes...

By 2015

6 AWACS

76 F16 52/MLU
50 Thunders MK1
40 FC20

166 BVR CAPABLE FIGHTERS will be a strong detterant to IAF

AT LEAST 250 more F7PG & mirage 5s WILL REMAIN in 2015....
PAF will have more than 50 JF-17 in 2015, in fact PAF already has 20+ JF-17s at hand and expects PAC to roll out 2 aircraft a month. At such a rate, by 2015 the PAF would have at least a 100 JF-17s from PAC alone, but it can buy additional fighters from Chinese production lines as well if necessary.

As for F-16s, we might see additional aircraft - both new and used. So the F-16 fleet can cross 100.

Back
Top Bottom