What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

_50107910_010705687-2.jpg

is there any south koreans on this forum to comment?

we can all say the south should or shouldnt retialiate but what matters is what the people of south korea want.

BBC News - LIVE: Korean crisis

i think the comments by south koreans on this speak for themselves

"1107: Jung Hoon-lee, professor of international relations at Yonsei University in Seoul, tells BBC World Service: "If this is not an act of war, I don't know what is... We fired back in accordance with the rules of engagement. This is the bare minimum, one has to wonder are we really doing enough?""

"1104: Dong Wook-kim in Seoul says: "I'm a soldier in the South Korean Army. I live in Seoul, but my military camp is located on the frontline with North Korea. I have to go back to my camp tomorrow so I am quite worried and anxious about this crisis. South Korean people are very angry. South Korea and the world have been giving a lot of chances to North Korea but they are always arrogant and attack South Korea. We must punish them. They are threatening world peace." "

Please stop the Off-topic posts guys, A.R that was an incredibly stupid post, it derailed the thread.

1126: North Korea's military says: "The South Korean enemy, despite our repeated warnings, committed reckless military provocations of firing artillery shells into our maritime territory near Yeonpyeong island... [Pyongyang] will continue to make merciless military attacks with no hesitation if the South Korean enemy dares to invade our sea territory by 0.001mm."
1119: South Korea says it conducted test firing before the exchange at the island - but says it fired west not north, Reuters reports.

BBC News - LIVE: Korean crisis

The above is posted on BBC now in an area that complicated I personally think that the South should have been more careful in doing what they were provided the area that they are in and the kind of neighbor that they have. Saying that it still didnt justify the killing of innocent and shelling the way the North did but then again it is KIM that we are talking about here.

South Koreans should actually be thanking the North Koreans cause South Korea was also making efforts to devalue its currency and from this attack from North there currency has devalued significantly..!!!

South Korean airforce is much more advance than North korean airforce look at south korean airforce

42 f-15k slam eagle
180 f-16 c/d
68 f-4
174 f-5e tiger2

Air defence missiles

Patriot
Hawk
mistral

but still they lack one thing that north korea possess and that might be the only reason to stop them to attack NK i.e nukes

is there any south koreans on this forum to comment?

we can all say the south should or shouldnt retialiate but what matters is what the people of south korea want.

Do you think that the South can just do what its people want? It has to ask uncle sam first before even thinking of doing anything.

1131: BBC defence and security correspondent Nick Childs says a key strategic calculation is that Seoul is within North Korean artillery range. Some 700,000 South Korean military personnel face more than a million in the North, with millions more reserves on both sides. And then there's the presence of some 30,000 US personnel in the South, meant as a deterrent to Pyongyang and a reassurance to Seoul.

That is some serious manpower

Back
Top Bottom