What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

Do you think that the South can just do what its people want? It has to ask uncle sam first before even thinking of doing anything.

Uncle sam himslef is at mercy in afghanistan war so i don't think they can afford to jump into North Korean's if they do so then it will be another nail in the head of uncle sam

1133: Secretary Kwon, attache at the Ministry of Defence in Seoul, tells BBC World Service: "Our military is reinforced, and is ready and prepared for any additional provocation from the North. The firing has now stopped. Civilians are in shelters."
BBC News - LIVE: Korean crisis

I also read that the indian gov reinforced her borders with China with about 36000 troops! can some one explain that how a conflict between the Korea's will effect the Chinese indian border.

1131: BBC defence and security correspondent Nick Childs says a key strategic calculation is that Seoul is within North Korean artillery range. Some 700,000 South Korean military personnel face more than a million in the North, with millions more reserves on both sides. And then there's the presence of some 30,000 US personnel in the South, meant as a deterrent to Pyongyang and a reassurance to Seoul.

That is some serious manpower

North Korea military will desert in large numbers if they get the chance.

I think North Korean navy will be wiped out within 1 hour if this conflict goes into full scale war.

I doubt it. NK isn't Iraq. These people are fanatics, their agents regularly volunteer for suicide mission and the military is just about the only thing that is well funded in that country. (the only nice luxury cars on the streets belong to the military)

I hope the Ausies can send there Naval vessels for the Defence of there Ally South Korea .. :D

that would be a nice sign of freindship , but we'd only go if the united states did lol.

which i assume is why you said that:P

I doubt it. NK isn't Iraq. These people are fanatics, their agents regularly volunteer for suicide mission and the military is just about the only thing that is well funded in that country. (the only nice luxury cars on the streets belong to the military)

I was thinking the same thing , i think these soldiers would be fanaticaly loyal.

though no1 really knows the situation.

Asian Shares End Lower As Korean Peninsula Tensions Weigh

SINGAPORE (Dow Jones)--Asian markets fell Tuesday, with investors wary of the potential for hostilities in the region following an exchange of artillery fire between North and South Korea.

The reports on the Koreas give "rise to uncertainty which is clearly the market nemesis," said Brett McGonegal, managing director at Cantor Fitzgerald.

China's Shanghai Composite dropped 1.9% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index shed 2.7%, closing below 23,000 for the first time since October. New Zealand's NZX-50 closed 1.2% lower and Australia's S&P/ASX 200 fell 1.2%, while markets in Japan were closed for a public holiday.

Asian Shares End Lower As Korean Peninsula Tensions Weigh - WSJ.com

Exactly what I typed and then decided not to write, that if it was that easy the Americans and the Southerners would have taken their chances already.

NK now is very similar to Japan in WWII ... they are brainwashed to their core and are very very loyal to their country ... It is not just 1.1 million strong army but if im not wrong everyone in NK has had to go under some kind of military training in their life .....

Back
Top Bottom